Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young, YES we had 11 senior players missing.

must have been a massive difference considering AH lost, very contradicting post.

I know you were missing alot of players

You were looking very short and young because you were missing alot of players

So what was the problem with my post you blokes won it was a good win because Heights were in front most of the game and shouldnt have dropped off like they did

I know you were missing alot of players

You were looking very short and young because you were missing alot of players

So what was the problem with my post you blokes won it was a good win because Heights were in front most of the game and shouldnt have dropped off like they did

In your post you said AH were a much bigger team and was a massive difference in skills, to me that would suggest that AH should have won the game by 10+goals.

In your post you said AH were a much bigger team and was a massive difference in skills, to me that would suggest that AH should have won the game by 10+goals.

Just because your bigger doesnt mean your better

But they were alot more skilled then Hoppers

I think if they didnt go into 2nd gear they would have beaten you blokes by 10 goals

That didnt happen your team won i was just giving my thoughts on the game

As i always i'm just making up the numbers...will be lucky to get a game.

As for the colts it was just a praccy game, were the also missing approx 9 of best players, i have no doubts the boys will be there again, great core, will not loose at home, should see them set up a shot at top 3 and from there anything is possible.

good to see the excuses havent changed:D

Long time reader, first time poster...

Been pretty quiet on here about practice matches other than Hoppers, any word from Sunshine? Albion? Surely would have had at least 1-2 games so far...

Spotty had a hit out on the weekend against Koroit and got up by about 80 points, both teams had players missing but good contest and new players fitting in well.

Colbol35 back in amongst the goals was good to see also!

Been pretty quiet on here about practice matches other than Hoppers, any word from Sunshine? Albion? Surely would have had at least 1-2 games so far...

Spotty had a hit out on the weekend against Koroit and got up by about 80 points, both teams had players missing but good contest and new players fitting in well.

Sunny Heights played South Melb Districts (who were undermanned) on the weekend over 3 qtrs and won by 30 - 50 points.

Any truth that one Full Forward from Spotswood returning from the bush got knocked out over the weekend for being I guess vocal with his opinion???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard that Altona played a D2 ammo's club on the weekend and were beaten quite easily, not great signs for the up and comers of the league if true.

you must have a pretty unreliable source... Altona were up by 8 odd goals at 3/4 time, but had the one player on the bench, and ended up getting roled in the last by 9 odd points, as the ammos had 6 on the bench.
not a good excuse, to surrender a 8 goal lead, but if there is ever an excuse. having no bench i think is a fare one.
Altona is looking really good this year, young kids are coming through good with the older players, plus a few new recruits coming intogether great.

in contrast to last year, ammos smashed altona last year, by upwards of 12 goals!

you must have a pretty unreliable source... Altona were up by 8 odd goals at 3/4 time, but had the one player on the bench, and ended up getting roled in the last by 9 odd points, as the ammos had 6 on the bench.
not a good excuse, to surrender a 8 goal lead, but if there is ever an excuse. having no bench i think is a fare one.
Altona is looking really good this year, young kids are coming through good with the older players, plus a few new recruits coming intogether great.

in contrast to last year, ammos smashed altona last year, by upwards of 12 goals!

Heard through the week the injury list at Altona has been growing. Sheils and Freeza out for the year, but there may a few more to add to the list. Whats the latest on the injury to Miles?

Heard that Altona played a D2 ammo's club on the weekend and were beaten quite easily, not great signs for the up and comers of the league if true.

watched the first half, and could not disagree more. Quite a few players missing from last years seniors, with a number being rested. Altona were all over W'Bee in the first half and certainly were more physical and more attacking. certainly a lot of upside for Altona with all the kids going well, and with those rested to slot straight into the seniors I think the Viking's cant be under estimated and may look to play finals. Rightfooter, any Idea on when Freeza is due back. uhi??

Can any one give me some info on a former Yarraville Seddon player Chris Collins and did Jon Hevern play for Altona in the praccy match against Werribee. Did he get his clearance????

[quote=cokeefe19;17267155]ha ha nah no truth to that one[/quote]

Something about a cricket semi final result not going his teams way and then possibly spoke to the wrong person about it??? It may have though been the week prior, but only come from a different source!

Also have heard that Travvy43 is a very good water boy:thumbsu:

[quote=cokeefe19;17267155]ha ha nah no truth to that one

Something about a cricket semi final result not going his teams way and then possibly spoke to the wrong person about it??? It may have though been the week prior, but only come from a different source!

Also have heard that Travvy43 is a very good water boy:thumbsu:[/quote]
1 of the best............ much better on the field withg the boys though.........

Can any one give me some info on a former Yarraville Seddon player Chris Collins and did Jon Hevern play for Altona in the praccy match against Werribee. Did he get his clearance????

Collins played at YS last year. Spoke to a few div2 clubs but YS were paying the most so he went there. Ended up in the magoos by the end of the year and I heard they were disappointed with his output. CainM would know more but I think he has banned himself from Big Footy.

Collins played at YS last year. Spoke to a few div2 clubs but YS were paying the most so he went there. Ended up in the magoos by the end of the year and I heard they were disappointed with his output. CainM would know more but I think he has banned himself from Big Footy.

Chris Collins really struggled last year and was a MASSIVE flop. Started off ok but off field issues effected him mentally and if he can get his off field shit sorted he may be able to be a good footballer but doubt he is up to Div 1 senior football.

watched the first half, and could not disagree more. Quite a few players missing from last years seniors, with a number being rested. Altona were all over W'Bee in the first half and certainly were more physical and more attacking. certainly a lot of upside for Altona with all the kids going well, and with those rested to slot straight into the seniors I think the Viking's cant be under estimated and may look to play finals. Rightfooter, any Idea on when Freeza is due back. uhi??

Freeza should be back mid season, probaly round 10-12.... not sure about Uhi, heard he isn't playing! will be surely missed, but with Simon Hiks in the ruck, Josh Rafferty and Nathan Leslie should play a soley forward role, so uhi's role will be filled,, though it will still be missed....

Miles should be playing round 1........

Travvy43 can you confirm that your President rang the
Cats president regarding this saturdays Big Game wanting
a couple of Albion players barred from the rooms?:thumbsdown:
Should be interesting to see how Sunshine new recruits
handle the Heat in this Neighbour hood rivalry,carnt wait
Bring on Saturday:D:thumbsu::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back