Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the "Rock07" getting a kick up towards the Calder Fw or just making up the No's?

Colt's may be in a little stife are Epping in Div 2?

As i always i'm just making up the numbers...will be lucky to get a game.

As for the colts it was just a praccy game, were also missing approx 9 of the best players, i have no doubts the boys will be there again, great core, will not loose at home, should see them set up a shot at top 3 and from there anything is possible.

Micka, amazed you could see any of the game, seeing that I was with you all day at the baseball finals in Altona, by the way you spelt your surname wrong, it is Morris not Moriss, hows about you stop hiding behind someone elses name and use your own name

Micka mite have been on the crownies and spelt his name wrong...hahahha

No news from the Cat's for a while??

IMO they'll be the team to beat this year colts/spotty have lost far to much to be considered favorites, the time has come at cat land!!

Get on board....

Danny Ocean are you Luke Phipps? I'm a long time reader and it just adds up

Well done having a read you worked out who I am, can't hide behind my alias anymore.

Anyways on to something that matters - FOOTBALL.

Hoppers played Avondale Heights on Saturday unfortunately I was unable to play but did get a couple of calls off the boys who did. So details on the game will be a bit scetchy. What I do know is Hoppers won the game with a goal after the siren, we had 11 of our starting team that played Bell Park not available due to cricket GF and a wedding, so was a good chance to play some kids, 4 U/18 kids played in the 1's and apparently held there own.

if Avondale are in Division 1 in the EDFL i think they will struggle this year if they couldn't get over half a team from Hoppers. Good signs from our boys, with a lot of depth from young blokes coming through.

Everyone can keep writting us off and saying we will finish out of the 5 or just scrape in, that suits us nicely. If the EDFL is the yard stick then I think we showed we are up to it.

Everyone can keep writting us off and saying we will finish out of the 5 or just scrape in, that suits us nicely. If the EDFL is the yard stick then I think we showed we are up to it.

Should get a good launching pad into the season with Sunny Heights round 1 :thumbsu:

It will be hard for a team from outside of the 5 to push another team out this year, but last year 5th place was on 11 wins and this year I reckon that 10 will get you in (or possibly even 9 and a good %).

Well done having a read you worked out who I am, can't hide behind my alias anymore.

Hoppers played Avondale Heights on Saturday unfortunately I was unable to play but did get a couple of calls off the boys who did. So details on the game will be a bit scetchy. What I do know is Hoppers won the game with a goal after the siren, we had 11 of our starting team that played Bell Park not available due to cricket GF and a wedding, so was a good chance to play some kids, 4 U/18 kids played in the 1's and apparently held there own.

if Avondale are in Division 1 in the EDFL i think they will struggle this year if they couldn't get over half a team from Hoppers. Good signs from our boys, with a lot of depth from young blokes coming through.

Think you will find that AH also had alot of players missing because they had a club ledgends game, also a few quality players rested!!

Think you will find that AH also had alot of players missing because they had a club ledgends game, also a few quality players rested!!

Yeah might be the case, not too sure who played cause i wasn't there but did hear Johnson played. was a good result off the scoreboard with so many of the young kids getting a game in the 1's, good for the future.

Yeah might be the case, not too sure who played cause i wasn't there but did hear Johnson played. was a good result off the scoreboard with so many of the young kids getting a game in the 1's, good for the future.

Will be much better for the future when the kids are getting a game in the ones, during the season proper, on a regular basis, against quality opposition.

did u have something on bomber........???a birthday?????

Hoppers had alot more out than Avondale that's a fact, have 11 to come back into the side from the game on the weekend, I think the boys will be closer to full strength this Wednesday night against westmeadows which will be a training session from I've been told from a few of the boys down westy.

Clearly hoppers won't be far off the mark and have been underestamated from the get go, I'd be thinking top 3 would be closer to
the mark rather than the bottom of the 5 or outside like many have suggested .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoppers had alot more out than Avondale that's a fact, have 11 to come back into the side from the game on the weekend, I think the boys will be closer to full strength this Wednesday night against westmeadows which will be a training session from I've been told from a few of the boys down westy.

Clearly hoppers won't be far off the mark and have been underestamated from the get go, I'd be thinking top 3 would be closer to
the mark rather than the bottom of the 5 or outside like many have suggested .

Training run, LOL. I think you blokes could be a chance to break the 50 goal mark... Westy finished about 8th last year and have lost half of there list, this will be an absolute smacking.

Not sure what you would get out of playing this game going into round 1 ?

did u have something on bomber........???a birthday?????

Maybe I should have written the word "sarcasm" next to the post. Bomber was one of the 11 senior blokes who did play on Saturday and im pretty sure it wasnt his birthday either. it has been done before trying to guess who i am so how about not doing it again.

Training run, LOL. I think you blokes could be a chance to break the 50 goal mark... Westy finished about 8th last year and have lost half of there list, this will be an absolute smacking.

Not sure what you would get out of playing this game going into round 1 ?

It's a last hit out before Easter and before round 1 and considering hoppers played on Saturday you wouldn't think it will be a bone crunching hit out, just a chance to iron a few things out before the season propper.

Will be much better for the future when the kids are getting a game in the ones, during the season proper, on a regular basis, against quality opposition.

Been doing this for the last couple of years filobeddoe just now starting to see the fruits of it all, was a good chance to give a couple of u18 kids a run and to get a taste of it and gets the club a bit closer also. we have a great bunch of kids with talent and really good personalities who you can sit down with and have a beer, don't know how many clubs actually spend much time with their u18's but i know hoppers do and with Phill O'keefe at the helm he really helps that along.

Been doing this for the last couple of years filobeddoe just now starting to see the fruits of it all, was a good chance to give a couple of u18 kids a run and to get a taste of it and gets the club a bit closer also. we have a great bunch of kids with talent and really good personalities who you can sit down with and have a beer, don't know how many clubs actually spend much time with their u18's but i know hoppers do and with Phill O'keefe at the helm he really helps that along.

Spending time with the 18's is a good thing because they are in club limbo (not juniors/not seniors). Think most clubs are investing more time in the 18's these days. In the current climate where the open cheque book is flashed around and offering a weeks wages for a game of footy, the young blokes can be excused for thinking that they will hit the ceiling in the magoos. If you're club is encouraging them to stick around through showing them some loyalty first, then well done. Too many clubs have asked for loyalty thinking it's a one way street.

Spending time with the 18's is a good thing because they are in club limbo (not juniors/not seniors). Think most clubs are investing more time in the 18's these days. In the current climate where the open cheque book is flashed around and offering a weeks wages for a game of footy, the young blokes can be excused for thinking that they will hit the ceiling in the magoos. If you're club is encouraging them to stick around through showing them some loyalty first, then well done. Too many clubs have asked for loyalty thinking it's a one way street.

The gap has been bridged quite easily because of older brothers playing seniors and the younger ones in the 18's so they want to stick around after their games to watch the 1's and 2's and then even stick around and have a couple of beers. Exciting times ahead at Hoppers.

Has anyone got results from the Albion V's Melton game?.

The gap has been bridged quite easily because of older brothers playing seniors and the younger ones in the 18's so they want to stick around after their games to watch the 1's and 2's and then even stick around and have a couple of beers. Exciting times ahead at Hoppers.

Has anyone got results from the Albion V's Melton game?.

How is the Hoppers footy club travelling with the liquor licensing authorities these days danny? Have I missed something or should U18's not be being sold beers?

Watched the 2nd half Hoppers won with a free kick then 50 metre penalty after the siren

Hoppers looked very young and small compared to Heights which also had players missing

Chris Johnson didnt play after half time which i was shatterd about i was told he was killing it before he went of no one could lay a tackle on him

The skills from Heights compared to Hoppers were a massive difference Heights were just so much more skillful and really move the pill well

Hoppers were about 25 down at 3Q time

Heights i thought went into 2nd gear in the last but still a win is a win and some good confidence going into round 1

How is the Hoppers footy club travelling with the liquor licensing authorities these days danny? Have I missed something or should U18's not be being sold beers?

Last time I checked the laws were 18+ you can be served alcohol.

Half of the U18 comp are 18 years old.

Have you missed something, yes would be the answer to that "a thought process":thumbsdown::eek:

I think it would happen at most clubs to be honest

My Younger brother 17 plays at Hoppers and im amazed how he can drink punt play the pokies every thursday and friday night without being asked for any form of ID

Last time I checked the laws were 18+ you can be served alcohol.

Half of the U18 comp are 18 years old.

Have you missed something, yes would be the answer to that "a thought process":thumbsdown::eek:

I dont think so Danny most are 17 i know alot of those kids

Watched the 2nd half Hoppers won with a free kick then 50 metre penalty after the siren

Hoppers looked very young and small compared to Heights which also had players missing

Chris Johnson didnt play after half time which i was shatterd about i was told he was killing it before he went of no one could lay a tackle on him

The skills from Heights compared to Hoppers were a massive difference Heights were just so much more skillful and really move the pill well

Hoppers were about 25 down at 3Q time

Heights i thought went into 2nd gear in the last but still a win is a win and some good confidence going into round 1

Young, YES we had 11 senior players missing.

must have been a massive difference considering AH lost, very contradicting post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back