Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing Eamesy and what he is trying to instill down at Altona, then i guess it's safe to say that Doran will not play seniors if work commitments unfortunately get in his way.

Rule exceptions are made by Eamsy for the select few so if work is an issue for Doran, Eamsey will play him.
Lets be honest, Altona 18's ( both A & B premiers 2007 ) over the past 4 years have been very strong. How many are no longer playing at the club, not including AFL-VFL. A hell of a lot.
Altona should be knocking on the door but arent. Maybe if the boys were allowed to actually enjoy their footy, numbers may return and a bit of desire and that lost passion for success along with them.

Knowing Eamesy and what he is trying to instill down at Altona, then i guess it's safe to say that Doran will not play seniors if work commitments unfortunately get in his way.

i can tell yah now doran is a favourie to eames so he will play work or no work

Yes Scott Bell has trained at Laverton. If that is where he want's to play then so be it. All other "young" players that make any difference have been training with either Altona or a VFL side. Also note the the VFL boys still attend a lot of training sessions at Altona even if it is to watch. It's good that blokes still want to have a kick with their mates that is what footy is all about. But is working hard to achieve something a bad thing? If the last 5 years in this comp is any thing to go by the team that wins it are all MATES they just work hard.

Correct....

Rule exceptions are made by Eamsy for the select few so if work is an issue for Doran, Eamsey will play him.
Lets be honest, Altona 18's ( both A & B premiers 2007 ) over the past 4 years have been very strong. How many are no longer playing at the club, not including AFL-VFL. A hell of a lot.
Altona should be knocking on the door but arent. Maybe if the boys were allowed to actually enjoy their footy, numbers may return and a bit of desire and that lost passion for success along with them.

same as at Hoppers....(i've played there all my life as the saying goes)....get fair dinkum at least 30 players push up from 16/18s each year and where do they go?

You have to be a superstar or else we're paying others, you're not welcome any more.....piss off mate i don't care that you live in the area.....go live in the paddocks....(at least you're outstanding in your field) ha ha

Everything seems to be fairly quiet on the Hoppers front, are there any decent recruits or departures to speak of in 2010?

is anyone else sick of hearing year after year how good Altona's U/18's have been?

Every season we hear about their great young kids!

They cant all be that good Altona seniors have not even appeared in finals in A grade for years now let alone be a threat to win a flag!

Its ok to win U/18 flags but if none of those kids help with the success of your seniors it doesnt really help the club at all..

is anyone else sick of hearing year after year how good Altona's U/18's have been?

They cant all be that good Altona seniors have not even appeared in finals in A grade for years now let alone be a threat to win a flag!

Its ok to win U/18 flags but if none of those kids help with the success of your seniors it doesnt really help the club at all..

You have just inspired them to go banging on about it again.......

To be perfectly fair, we did not bring it up nor have we really been banging them up. Someone from outside our club mentioned we seem to be losing our a lot of kids and it was pointed out that this isn't the case and that many are simply playing VFL etc. That is all that was said.

Is there any truth in the remour that Altona have signed gun ruckmen from the ovens and murray jets a Russell Eden. Russell is of sudenese origin and should dominate if fit has been rumoured to be very popular with the sudenese ladies as he is hang like a donkey and aggots the size of paulie G.

Hello all i was wondering why Point Cook didn't join the Western region league. I thought that WRL would be keen to get new blood and regions into their competion. Does any one know if they were chased and who was the last new team to enter the WRL / FDL.

One more question being and old ex player juniors 1968-1970. how is West Footscray looking 2010, it would nice to here from some one involved with the club,:D

Originally Posted by Giorgianni
Heard that The great Russell Eden has signed with deakin sharks didnt think that they paid any1 being a uni side Russell "hello ladies" Eden is a footy legend up here in echuca united he has won 6 flags 4 b and f's and was once caught f..king a chicken so should fit in at timboon takeaway where he has got a job.

keep up the good work mate, you just posted the above on the WDNFL forum, must be a few russell edens going around.

Come on Past Panther I know your identity and I think you need to take a backward step on this one. I can understand your view and I don't know what happened this year at the club but you helped the club get where they are (In a good way) and I think you should keep this issue slide. Im sure underneath you would like to see the club succeed.

haha u r a foooooool mate there 18s are that goood that they are all playin vfl or quit becos of work/uni commitments there are the few that have stayed aroun that have won B&F's in there 1st cuple years brett shiels and dean pace for example freaks thats why they got talked up!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FOOTY POWER, Obviously you can not read. I was actually questioning why Altona havent made the next step especially after the junior success. Where have all the players gone and why?

Come on Past Panther I know your identity and I think you need to take a backward step on this one. I can understand your view and I don't know what happened this year at the club but you helped the club get where they are (In a good way) and I think you should keep this issue slide. Im sure underneath you would like to see the club succeed.

100% would love to see them succeed, but at the moment it is MY opinion short term gain will lead to long term pain. we have a club 5 minutes away that has gone from 0 - 14 sides in 5 years and are playing seniors/ reserves on 2010.( Point Cook) I would suggest that you dont piss off the faithfull to much and as I said 85% of the kids that won flags at Altona 3 years ago are no longer there. Why?

Bellingham is still not officially at Sunshine yet although we are still hopefull. He is very talented there is no doubt on that, although it's common knowledge he needs to be fitter.

I personaly find it very strange that the port colts have not named a coach, we look on the wrfl website and a club like Lavo have a big announcement, though nothing out of port.
Colts will be ok but with those losses and hardly any pick ups they will not finish top 3.

LADDER
TOP 7

SPOTTY
SUNSHINE
ALBION
HOPPERS
COLTS
ALTONA
ST.ALBANS
Jack Love will coach the Colts. Good luck to Clarky at Airport West, did a fantastic job for the colts over the years.Any club losing the likes of the jacobs brothers and Jas Perkins is going to find it hard to replace them.Training has been on the way.Any player who wants to have a crack is more than welcome, bcos u will be given a go. Very hard to say how they will go, but with there core group u now they will be more than competitive. And who nows what surprises Jack could pull out of his hat.

FOOTY POWER, Obviously you can not read. I was actually questioning why Altona havent made the next step especially after the junior success. Where have all the players gone and why?

Obviously i can mate, because i have been reading it on here for past 3 years!
Wasnt necessarily directed at your recent posts, but i think if you care to take a long look back over the years, each pre-season the hype is always about Altonas Kids..
Just stating that myself and probably a few others are a bit sick of it..

probably no different to every other club with the same olds
eg. Albion - spending heaps to finish fourth, Colts on the decline this year, Sunshine talk the talk, West to fold, Hoppers losing players to Lara, it happens each year, but its normally Altona who talk it up the most, and your reaction probably vindicates this statement!

Jack Love will coach the Colts. Good luck to Clarky at Airport West, did a fantastic job for the colts over the years.Any club losing the likes of the jacobs brothers and Jas Perkins is going to find it hard to replace them.Training has been on the way.Any player who wants to have a crack is more than welcome, bcos u will be given a go. Very hard to say how they will go, but with there core group u now they will be more than competitive. And who nows what surprises Jack could pull out of his hat.

Hey Lard your right J.Clarke did an awsome job as coach of the Colts. As for the Colts you are right on. This year they will be OK they will be very competitive stuck my head in last night and training was full of energy and very upbeat. Caught up with a few of Colts legends in Gary Booth, Brad Peirce and Micka Morris. Another legend in Rudsy was also down doing his bit, good to see him back after his health problems last year.

Dont know about Jack pulling something out of his hat. He could definatley pull something out of his stomach.

Hey Lard thanks for your kind words about the Colts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% would love to see them succeed, but at the moment it is MY opinion short term gain will lead to long term pain. we have a club 5 minutes away that has gone from 0 - 14 sides in 5 years and are playing seniors/ reserves on 2010.( Point Cook) I would suggest that you dont piss off the faithfull to much and as I said 85% of the kids that won flags at Altona 3 years ago are no longer there. Why?

Ok. Lets go through the ones from that age group which might be playing seniors in a top 5 side in WRFL. (A big might) Please tell me where they are.

Brett Shiels
Dean Pace
Steve Rescic
Josh Rafferty
Shuan Hunter
Scott Bell
Sean Tigh
Corey Lawson
Maddison Hardiman
Dion Lawson
Steve Kennedy
Jayden Post - Richmond
Jordan Robbins
Travis Lunardi
David Barnaby
Matt Cross
Craig Sargent

I played in an under 18 team which won 2 flags in a row. 5 ended up playing senior footy and probably only 8 - 10 played at the club (in a very successfully club). Would be interested to know the retention rate from other clubs.

Ok. Lets go through the ones from that age group which might be playing seniors in a top 5 side in WRFL. (A big might) Please tell me where they are.

Brett Shiels
Dean Pace
Steve Rescic
Josh Rafferty
Shuan Hunter
Scott Bell
Sean Tigh
Corey Lawson
Maddison Hardiman
Dion Lawson
Steve Kennedy
Jayden Post - Richmond
Jordan Robbins
Travis Lunardi
David Barnaby
Matt Cross
Craig Sargent

I played in an under 18 team which won 2 flags in a row. 5 ended up playing senior footy and probably only 8 - 10 played at the club (in a very successfully club). Would be interested to know the retention rate from other clubs.

Brett Shiels - Altona
Dean Pace - Altona
Steve Rescic - Not sure, maybe Altona
Josh Rafferty - Altona
Shuan Hunter - Stopped playing, lost interest
Scott Bell - Lavo?
Sean Tigh - Unlucky to miss out on getting drafted, VFL no doubt
Corey Lawson - VFL
Maddison Hardiman - VFL
Dion Lawson - Jets, VFL?
Steve Kennedy - VFL
Jayden Post - Richmond <-
Jordan Robbins - VFL
Travis Lunardi - VFL
David Barnaby - Training with VFL side
Matt Cross - Altona
Craig Sargent - Altona

Enough with this, I suggest if past panther has a bone to pick with someone at the club he should pick up the phone and do it, but keep it off the forums. This apparent 85% is laughable. The ones that have wanted to continue playing football have, others have moved on to play at a higher level and some have just stopped playing (granted this can include a few). Also, the reserves is filled with young kids from that mentioned age group that weren't on that list.

Enough about this, on to more interesting topics.

Enough with this, I suggest if past panther has a bone to pick with someone at the club he should pick up the phone and do it, but keep it off the forums. This apparent 85% is laughable. The ones that have wanted to continue playing football have, others have moved on to play at a higher level and some have just stopped playing (granted this can include a few). Also, the reserves is filled with young kids from that mentioned age group that weren't on that list.

Enough about this, on to more interesting topics.[/quote]

Sorry forgot one Alex Vivoda - 2009 Under 18 League Best and Fairest (assume at club)

Anyway I agree enough. I was pretty convident of the most those answers and it shows what potential Altona could have if these players are treated right.

look craig maybe you should take the some of the advice that's on here. first of all you helped build the things that are happening at altona enjoy them. second of all if you have a problem with eamesy then come down monday, tuesday or thursday and have a word with him. thirdly stop pretending your not scott bells dad, its disgusting.

look craig maybe you should take the some of the advice that's on here. first of all you helped build the things that are happening at altona enjoy them. second of all if you have a problem with eamesy then come down monday, tuesday or thursday and have a word with him. thirdly stop pretending your not scott bells dad, its disgusting.

regardless of who I am, I am still entitled to voice an opinion on this forum. If you and others dont like it or disagree, so be it, it is an opinion.
Good luck for the season ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back