Western Region FL - Division Two

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coburg Districts played Roxburgh Park (EDFL DIV 2) and won by about 10 goals didnt see the game myself but very very impressive from coburg by all reports and definitely ready for a big season:thumbsu::D

roxy are going to be a rabble this year......will be lucky to win 2 games so i wouldnt read into that one too much

North Footscray were beaten today by 42 points (125 to 83) against Tullla. Heard later that the scoreboard might not have been correct and it could have been 8 or 9 goals. Not a great performance, but with a lot of new blokes playing and a few to come back in for round 1 (and a few others for later rounds) still looking OK. Bring on Lavo in round 1!

Any other results from today?

How close was your seniors to full strength??

and how did the twos go seeing as North tend to have pretty strong twos.

How close was your seniors to full strength??

and how did the twos go seeing as North tend to have pretty strong twos.

I went and watched North with a buddy of mine who plays with another second divison side and were expecting to watch a close to full strength North side from wat we had heard...
Maybe RedDevil1 can confirm but we both could not see any of the following players (Hayden Phillips, Both Lusher brothers, Carra, asian kid from backline, younger lucas boy) ??? North looked to be without a few, and very young

I went and watched North with a buddy of mine who plays with another second divison side and were expecting to watch a close to full strength North side from wat we had heard...
Maybe RedDevil1 can confirm but we both could not see any of the following players (Hayden Phillips, Both Lusher brothers, Carra, asian kid from backline, younger lucas boy) ??? North looked to be without a few, and very young

Phillips played. I hope Nth did have alot out. Half of Tulla's side was on there cricket trip and we played 8 under 18 kids and still won by 10 goals.

WRFL is a joke ! Good luck to Albanvale who play Airport west on wednesday night, get ready for a floggin. haha

and how did the twos go seeing as North tend to have pretty strong twos.[/quote]

Didn't see much of the twos, but North won by about 90 points I think. Fair to say the Tulla line up was undermanned - lot of old blokes, non-footballers etc

You seem to have some pretty good info there...lol...sure you are not from North? There was two under 18 kids playing and yes all those blokes, along with a couple more due back a few rounds into the season were not playing.

Phillips played. I hope Nth did have alot out. Half of Tulla's side was on there cricket trip and we played 8 under 18 kids and still won by 10 goals.

WRFL is a joke ! Good luck to Albanvale who play Airport west on wednesday night, get ready for a floggin. haha

Phillips didn't play, so you must be confused. Agreed that the Devils didn't play well but the game will help improve us. Couldn't handle you two key forwards early, but we have a couple coming back which will help us in that area.

Don't think anyone disputes that the EDFL is a stronger comp. Not sure how you guys will go in that comp. No magoos and your 18's got pumped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did your new recruits go Devil??

went to watch a half or so of the nth game....they seemed to have a few missing but not too many....they were caught up running forward and making play but only praccy game so probably trying to impress the coach lol. richo in the middle played well as did a new bloke at CHF seems ok. you can notice the height they have recruited seemed alot bigger than what they were last year. good to have a look at them early.

Also saw a half of Parksides game V's APW. they did get done fairly easily (in 1st half) prob 10 goals at half time when i left. they too seemed to have a couple missing but not as many an nth foot i would think. didnt see bangit playin but other than that paddy looked ok but my judgement will stay private until we play them....

lets hope the entire div2 is alot closer this year hey boys....

went to watch a half or so of the nth game....they seemed to have a few missing but not too many....they were caught up running forward and making play but only praccy game so probably trying to impress the coach lol. richo in the middle played well as did a new bloke at CHF seems ok. you can notice the height they have recruited seemed alot bigger than what they were last year. good to have a look at them early.

Also saw a half of Parksides game V's APW. they did get done fairly easily (in 1st half) prob 10 goals at half time when i left. they too seemed to have a couple missing but not as many an nth foot i would think. didnt see bangit playin but other than that paddy looked ok but my judgement will stay private until we play them....

lets hope the entire div2 is alot closer this year hey boys....

Evo, was rock07 moving ok for a 35yr old....lol

The rock looked quite spritley running around that very small oval you guys have....lol
that would have top be a few metres smaller than colts ground?? i think you would have done a little better if your own players had not have pushed into your space so often and held back and hit the crumbs not be there before the contest.... gee thats the old coach commin out in me again hahahahaha....
you looked ok mate....i was expecting a different effort by parkside as i am sure u guys were as well but they still showed signs of being a very good div2 side.....
u boys look to have some good kids running around might have to keep there names in my memory bank for later years hahahahaha

good luck in the edfl clarkey...
vales might need a FF next year

I have heard on good authority that it seems Cobra land is a honey pot for recruitment at the moment. Apparently they have just signed 4 quality players from Yarrawonga...whatch this space...they must of also recruited some of Dick Pratt's inheritence:rolleyes:

I have heard on good authority that it seems Cobra land is a honey pot for recruitment at the moment. Apparently they have just signed 4 quality players from Yarrawonga...whatch this space...they must of also recruited some of Dick Pratt's inheritence:rolleyes:

interesting as to the rumours that were floating around last year that they wont be able to pay their players, and all these recruits on the back of that, and judging by the annual report of 2009, the canteen staff and trainers were the only paid personel, hmmmmm:confused:

haha Clarky watched yah thursdy nightt not movin to bad for a old fella ill give ya that..But defintely have lost the touch u use to have in my 1st yr of seniors!!
Im sure u will do alright down at west they seem to give u some decent delivery down there how u findin it?

here i go BOYS N GIRLS

TOP 5 2010.......(based on what i read in the local leader newspaper)........i did do a sumary of all the teams(gains losses player wise) and what the coaches had to say about their clubs but it didnt post for some reason spent an hour on it and i cbf doing it again.........so here goes

ALBANVALE......with the inclusions about 12-15 newbies definately favs for the flag
NTH FOOTSCRAY......seem to have picked up quality and after 3 years with 2 prelim defeats and a granny loss i dont like this word but the''should'' be right up there.......
DEER PARK........will be there abouts.......top 5 is all that counts......

now the serious part.........

YARRAVILLE.......not sure cain has been quiet
WYNDHAMVALE.......they are keeping it quiet for good reason i believe
COBURG DISTRICTS.......picked up 5 or 6 newies early season wins are the key for the districts

PARKSIDE.......big sliders.......karavalis/juegan/sir gone massive shoes to fill........young blokes wont be able to fill these blokes shoes.......now that the coach from last year has gone.......will the real parkside boys ''please stand up''please stand up''.........

another interesting point is that lots of players from the country regions have been picked up.........must be good players and surely have to be on good coin to come all that way to play div 2 footy......

no wonder local comps are going backwards because their bringing in these imposters for money and not blooding young blokes who have played at the club/s for numerous years.........surely they will only hang around for 2/3 years max.......thoughts?????

Phillips didn't play, so you must be confused. Agreed that the Devils didn't play well but the game will help improve us. Couldn't handle you two key forwards early, but we have a couple coming back which will help us in that area.

I hear the devils aint got much down back this year? if joe lanciana is still the main man down there, they are sssstruggling!
Anybody care to post their opinions on there favourates this year, goal kicking, b&f, ladder? underdogs? im new to div2, and wouldnt mind doing a little homework..... did watch albanvale wednesday, very tall side, some big boys running round, but being big isnt everything... Rock will be far too smart, and way too strong for the standard of footy he will face this year. if he plays the whole season, will kick plenty! My veiw
on all this money in local footy talk.....Coin is crippling the leagues, blokes that chase the dollars these days clearly have no loyalty, and doubt there'd be too many born and bred senior clubman remaining..... if edfl and other paying leagues, are sooo much better, then why do they continue to flood our clubs? all it does is push blokes that play for the jumper,pride, and their mates down the list... so the edfl and outside blokes can r*pe the till for two years, make finals, then sniff around for thier next victim while the club stuggles in thier wake.... yeah ive played for great coin too in the past, and to be honest, its made me realise how much it accually changes you as a player... my opinion, f' the coin, play for the love of the game, the jumper and your mates, if you want coin... dont be lazy, and get a real job. Our fathers, uncles, grandfathers never had the luxury of big money, thats why they had mates for twenty years, played much tougher footy than any of us hve or do, and have more stories to tell, cos they stuck around for eachother! what ever happend to what we were told as juniors? its just a game, footy is bout having fun with your mates! :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back