Western Region FL - Divy 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the panic set in already at DP? A prominent player has very recently had his 2019 pay suddenly cut significantly. He has since walked out and headed to BFL most likely at Melton South.
If I was a current player I would be getting nervous. The players as just as liable as the club partaking in the salary cap cheating. Doesnt matter if they all take paycuts for 2019.
Repath was warned by ppl outside of DP that the club was being investigated but was happy to sign and take his bag of goodies.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good on you for coming on here & defending the club... but wouldn’t you think it sounds like you’re embarrassed by the direction of the club?

This site is a piss take & you’re jumping at shadows

The coach is not the right fit & the recruiting policy since joining div 1 has been shocking but as you say putting time into the 19/20 year olds is great they may be the future but where is the senior bodies to help them?
There is nothing in the 22-28 bracket
I’m not sure everyone would agree with your “This site is a piss take” comment Marty.

These forums were built for people to discuss local football leagues and for a long time have been great for people interested, yes there can be some banter and some silly rumours get thrown around from time to time but for the most part it was good football chat.

Unfortunately the decline in a lot of these threads has come about due to people who decide to start an account (always being careful to make sure nobody ever knows who they are) and have a personal agenda against a certain club or individual. This is what becomes tiresome to the fans who just want to keep up to date with local football leagues and the reason we find some of our more informative posters logging off.

I believe there are plenty of local footy rumour pages on Facebook that make no secret that they really are a “piss take”. Maybe some posters would be better suited on there.

Deer Park asking players to take pay cuts, but still very active in the market offering players sign ons & huge coin?

Very Very Interesting for the investigators.....

Deer Park asking players to take pay cuts, but still very active in the market offering players sign ons & huge coin?

Very Very Interesting for the investigators.....

What happens if somehow clubs get caught over the cap. A fine, clubs paying over the cap have the money to pay the fine that will be imposed, losing the premiership, who cares they still won it, will a league do what NRL did to the Storm and have no premiers in the history books, big deal they still won it and I'm sure local clubs will still claim the premiership even if not league recognized.

Local footy league administrators they want the big clubs, they pay their bills and raise the standard of player in the competition. The hammer will come down if you are caught over points or cap and owe the league money.

What happens if somehow clubs get caught over the cap. A fine, clubs paying over the cap have the money to pay the fine that will be imposed, losing the premiership, who cares they still won it, will a league do what NRL did to the Storm and have no premiers in the history books, big deal they still won it and I'm sure local clubs will still claim the premiership even if not league recognized.

Local footy league administrators they want the big clubs, they pay their bills and raise the standard of player in the competition. The hammer will come down if you are caught over points or cap and owe the league money.
Very true ol' Wickers.. Fact is the WRFL would be stuffed without Deer Park.. All the other clubs whinge and moan about them but they all aspire to be them.. DP have raised the bar in a comp that desperately needed it,, all the other clubs should be thanking, not potting them..

Very true ol' Wickers.. Fact is the WRFL would be stuffed without Deer Park.. All the other clubs whinge and moan about them but they all aspire to be them.. DP have raised the bar in a comp that desperately needed it,, all the other clubs should be thanking, not potting them..

Don't you think that the bar has been raised to a level that is out of reach of many clubs? Wouldn't the league prefer to have a more even comp at the detriment of a slightly lower standard of football by just a few clubs

Rubbish.

Altona and Spotty had just played in one of the best Grand Finals (2012) in recent memory. Sunshine were on the up and Hoppers were developing their kids (for the 1st time). The competition was raising its profile steadily and more importantly, sustainably.

The way in which Deer Park has gone about it has set the competition back by however many flags they win.

Are you saying deer park more powerful than afl vic and do they have resources you have lost the plot move on
We will soon see how serious AFL Vic are . That’s the unknown. When they bought in the new rules I’d be sure they didn’t bargain on how corrupt and fraudulent a group of people could be . If that makes you proud go for it . Look up the word Integrity. You
Rubbish.

Altona and Spotty had just played in one of the best Grand Finals (2012) in recent memory. Sunshine were on the up and Hoppers were developing their kids (for the 1st time). The competition was raising its profile steadily and more importantly, sustainably.

The way in which Deer Park has gone about it has set the competition back by however many flags they win.
Think you are wasting your time trying to reason with these clowns . “ Who cares ? They still won it “ . That would go down as the dumbest comment ever written. The epitomy of ignorance.

If I was a current player I would be getting nervous. The players as just as liable as the club partaking in the salary cap cheating. Doesnt matter if they all take paycuts for 2019.
Repath was warned by ppl outside of DP that the club was being investigated but was happy to sign and take his bag of goodies.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

How are the players to blame. They get an offer and are told by the club it’s all above board and within the cap. It’s the clubs administration to blame if they are over the cap. Also clubs dont tell the new recruit what others are getting so how would the player know! Yes he might be able to do the maths and have an idea but that’s not the players role..

Survey, are you drunk mate. Deer Park have ruined the league full stop. At full strength they are 20-25 goals better than the next best team.

Aberfeldie started to go the same direction in the EDFL to a degree a few years back when the won the grand final by over 10 goals. It was so boring to watch that GF. Tbh why attend when you already know the outcome. However were reigned back in by being caught over the cap.

How are the players to blame. They get an offer and are told by the club it’s all above board and within the cap. It’s the clubs administration to blame if they are over the cap. Also clubs dont tell the new recruit what others are getting so how would the player know! Yes he might be able to do the maths and have an idea but that’s not the players role..
Come on Turbo your smarter than that !!! I hope !!! Chris Stewart’s submitted contract says he receives $700 per game . He signed it . So do you think he’d find it strange when 40k plus jumps in ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on Turbo your smarter than that !!! I hope !!! Chris Stewart’s submitted contract says he receives $700 per game . He signed it . So do you think he’d find it strange when 40k plus jumps in ?
Well his a good bloke As well Bullyman because mid year he singed another contract at $600 because Deer Park were over the Salary Cap.

Well if that’s the case then I agree it’s total bullshit.. However my point is I believe the clubs administration is to blame and not the player. The administration is the cause mate.

I guess money is now paid into accounts not cash Lol

Survey, are you drunk mate. Deer Park have ruined the league full stop. At full strength they are 20-25 goals better than the next best team.

Aberfeldie started to go the same direction in the EDFL to a degree a few years back when the won the grand final by over 10 goals. It was so boring to watch that GF. Tbh why attend when you already know the outcome. However were reigned back in by being caught over the cap.

Turbo please don’t ever compare abers to what’s happening to the WRFL.

It’s not quite the same I agree but it’s still cheating. One club by $10,000 & the other by $200,000!!!

No point labouring a point especially when most posters couldn’t give a stuff about EDFL.

But abers were actually found (twice) of not cheating. They misinterpreted a widely misinterpreted rule in first year of salary cap. Fully disclosing payments is a funny / dumb way of cheating

But anyway, I apologise for infiltrating another thread.

No point labouring a point especially when most posters couldn’t give a stuff about EDFL.

But abers were actually found (twice) of not cheating. They misinterpreted a widely misinterpreted rule in first year of salary cap. Fully disclosing payments is a funny / dumb way of cheating

But anyway, I apologise for infiltrating another thread.
If you keep telling yourself that then maybe eventually you will belieave it. They paid $10,000 over the cap & got fined $20,000. Stop trying to sell it any other way.

Come up with a great idea since Deer Park have bought there 7 th flag and WRFL can’t see there taking the piss, why don’t all clubs play there reserves in there sNR games and SNR in the reserves
Adleast they will have a more even playing field
I’m taking the piss here just Like DP are F5D01E05-F48B-4105-B54D-374AB8062B08.png

That is the biggest load of crap I have read for a long time it’s still local footy well it was

If you keep telling yourself that then maybe eventually you will belieave it. They paid $10,000 over the cap & got fined $20,000. Stop trying to sell it any other way.

Yes I know when I want to cheat I fully record everything I do and fully cooperate and provide records of the exact amount I paid. That’s a really clever method of cheating

Also if you are going to throw the c word around at least have decency of stating actual facts. They got fined 5k and 5k suspended and fully cooperated with an extremely thorough audit. And were found to in no way to have deliberately gone over (twice). That’s not opinion that is fact

But regardless what you think I can assure you the audit is very thorough. But my earlier point remains, the comparison is ridiculous.

Hey Harry,
Just down having a Chew at the Deer Park club, how many Winks do I do for my secret TAB Voucher,

Hey Harry,
Just down having a Chew at the Deer Park club, how many Winks do I do for my secret TAB Voucher,
All you need is a deer Park jumper & line up for a collect from the pokies as well. The word is they will pay with a pokies collect as long it’s under $2000.
Hey Harry,
2 winks for the TAB voucher.
3 winks for the pokie voucher.
Also they will give you a cab voucher.

Yes I know when I want to cheat I fully record everything I do and fully cooperate and provide records of the exact amount I paid. That’s a really clever method of cheating

Also if you are going to throw the c word around at least have decency of stating actual facts. They got fined 5k and 5k suspended and fully cooperated with an extremely thorough audit. And were found to in no way to have deliberately gone over (twice). That’s not opinion that is fact

But regardless what you think I can assure you the audit is very thorough. But my earlier point remains, the comparison is ridiculous.
You sound like Adam Potter OR John Larkins - I haven’t decided which one you are yet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back