Western Region FL - Divy 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your missing the point here mate - what your saying is it’s OK to cheat the Salary Cap. The last 2 flags that have been won are through cheating. Is this what we want for the WRFL. We are the laughing stock of all footy lovers.
And you say they are a great football club - please!
Players only go there for 1 reason only - $$$$$$$$$
This is the most ignorant post I can remember. All any competition expects is for clubs to abide by any rules implemented. Juniors or no juniors , I couldn’t care less either but DONT CHEAT !!! It’s as simple as that !!!!
It's ignorant to think the WRFL is the only competition where the premiership side in each division cheats the salary cap? Every competition in the state has the same issues as the WRFL with salary cap breaches and i hate it as much as the rest of you.

It's very clear most of you dislike Deer Park. Yes, they have money to spend and they spend it well. Do you think they are the only club in the WRFL that wouldn't be declaring every penny they spend? Two Division 1 clubs have venues with poker machines and their own TAB. Do you think St. Albans haven't been spending over the salary cap over the past decade? The difference is Deer Park manage their money and use it on the right people. Deer Park have played in the last 6 Grand Finals and won all 6. Two of those by less than a goal, so in reality they could have been 4 premierships 2 runner up. Would people be crying foul play if that was the case. Prior to Deer Parks run, Spotswood played in 8 straight Grand Finals with a 4-4 record losing 2 of those by a solitary point. Spotswood could have had 6 Premierships and 2 runner up. Prior to that Port Colts played in 6 straight Grand Finals with 2 Premierships & 4 runners up. Football success comes from well managed clubs. Yes, money definitely helps but it's how you use it/hide it.

So you think Deer Park are a well managed club.What do you base that on?Premierships only?A well managed and successful club builds from within its junior program not buying in 90% recruits on stupid money.Australian cricket is going through a bad patch atm so the solution in your eyes is recruit lets say 2 from south africa,England,India,Sri Lanka and so on and still call them Australia?Be honest if all clubs done as Deer Park are doing the game would be even worse than its current state.

So you think Deer Park are a well managed club.What do you base that on?Premierships only?A well managed and successful club builds from within its junior program not buying in 90% recruits on stupid money.Australian cricket is going through a bad patch atm so the solution in your eyes is recruit lets say 2 from south africa,England,India,Sri Lanka and so on and still call them Australia?Be honest if all clubs done as Deer Park are doing the game would be even worse than its current state.
Yes, the No.1 thing success is based on is Premierships.. So Deer Park are the best Suburban Club in the last 6 years by the Flemington Straight-- End of Story

Cricket Australia obviously think the same way as myself when it comes to going through a bad patch. I also believe Cricket Australia have plenty of local juniors to select from so no need to go and recruit from outside their domain.
From November 5 2018: Cricket Australia's clean out shows no sign of slowing down, with Monday's marathon board meeting full of forthright discussions after Mark Taylor's move to follow deposed chairman David Peever out the door.

Yes, the No.1 thing success is based on is Premierships.. So Deer Park are the best Suburban Club in the last 6 years by the Flemington Straight-- End of Story
Give me a club that sees it's young people move onto the highest standard of footy possible any day over a club stockpiling flags in a dubious manner.
There's also more to footy and footy clubs than senior flags.
The fact that Deer Park is considered a joke by many (including some of their former premiership players) in spite of their success, says it all IMO.

Give me a club that sees it's young people move onto the highest standard of footy possible any day over a club stockpiling flags in a dubious manner.
There's also more to footy and footy clubs than senior flags.
The fact that Deer Park is considered a joke by many (including some of their former premiership players) in spite of their success, says it all IMO.

What is a club supposed to do if they don't have juniors?

I don't know much about the VAFA but it seems to be a well run competition with plenty of teams and numbers from juniors through to seniors. Is it true the VAFA clubs don't pay players? If so, is there any reason why Leagues such as the WRFL and other Metro Leagues can't adopt the same structure?

What is a club supposed to do if they don't have juniors?
Step 1) Question why they don't have juniors
Step 2) Work to build a junior arm of their club, which may not be as glamourous as walking a bunch of highly paid recruits through the door but it is more cost effective and sustainable long term.

In all fairness it's an area that they aren't alone in falling down in but a club without a half decent junior component can't possibly be considered amongst the best IMO at least anyway.

All good in theory but look at the 26 senior clubs in the WRFL and which clubs have a full book of juniors.

Have a look at the surrounding club:
Albanvale
Sunshine Heights
Braybrook
North Sunshine
Sunshine
All these sides next to no Juniors at all.
20 years ago they all had a full book of juniors.
All our Junior numbers come from WYNDHAM and HOBSONS BAY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spend $205000 in 2020. That’s all we ask !!!!
McGoldrick and Co haven't got the guts or should I say the INTEGRITY to implement the simple task of operating within the Salary Cap and this is the Number 1 reason why the on field success over the last 6 years receives no recognition from fair dinkum foootball followers who have footy IQ about local football. Deer Park FC is held in disdain and there is no respect afforded to anything they do - but alas the walls are closing in as their arrogance and total disregard for common decency will bring about a very big fall #humptydumpy

McGoldrick and Co haven't got the guts or should I say the INTEGRITY to implement the simple task of operating within the Salary Cap and this is the Number 1 reason why the on field success over the last 6 years receives no recognition from fair dinkum foootball followers who have footy IQ about local football. Deer Park FC is held in disdain and there is no respect afforded to anything they do - but alas the walls are closing in as their arrogance and total disregard for common decency will bring about a very big fall #humptydumpy
I think everyone just needs to get off DP's case , it's getting old

Have a look at the surrounding club:
Albanvale
Sunshine Heights
Braybrook
North Sunshine
Sunshine
All these sides next to no Juniors at all.
20 years ago they all had a full book of juniors.
All our Junior numbers come from WYNDHAM and HOBSONS BAY

If you look at total Junior sides I think the order is Point Cook, Williamstown, Caroline Springs, Newport after these four Flemmington, Werribee Centrals, Altona.

Having strong juniors isn't as important as it once was which is a real shame, really most Junior players and parents wouldn't even know much about their senior side or even care about it. Kids change clubs as much as seniors to get to a better team to many clubs to close together.

If you look at total Junior sides I think the order is Point Cook, Williamstown, Caroline Springs, Newport after these four Flemmington, Werribee Centrals, Altona.

Having strong juniors isn't as important as it once was which is a real shame, really most Junior players and parents wouldn't even know much about their senior side or even care about it. Kids change clubs as much as seniors to get to a better team to many clubs to close together.
It’s this generation...
parents take there kids from club to club to chase success for there own ego rather than the kid doing the hard yards & learning tough lessons & earning success.
Is it any surprise that as the kids become young men they chase the dollar & easy flags

It’s this generation...
parents take there kids from club to club to chase success for there own ego rather than the kid doing the hard yards & learning tough lessons & earning success.
Is it any surprise that as the kids become young men they chase the dollar & easy flags
Exactly right, it's the generation, even 2's players wanting $$$$ these days hence why the mass departure at Carro I've heard

I think everyone just needs to get off DP's case , it's getting old
Get off their case coz why . Coz they cheat. AFL Vic need to show some balls when the cards are thrown on the table and poor old DP are proven once and for all that their ignorance and arrogance are exposed. And every local football follower should ask for retribution.

If anyone is caught cheating systematically, punishment should be severe.
Stripped of accomplishments and player points dramatically lowered subject to the level of points they were participating at whilst cheating. Salary cap to be lowered for breach and start off on negative points for following year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back