Western Region FL - Divy 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

What league was this?

Very average to see so many teams have enough for a thirds and yet those in the lower divisions are struggling for numbers.
It's a fair call when Altona and Point Cook can get third teams up, yet Laverton based in Altona Meadows cannot even get competitive in div 3

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a fair call when Altona and Point Cook can get third teams up, yet Laverton based in Altona Meadows cannot even get competitive in div 3

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the EDFL, Keilor had 2 thirds sides and down the road Keilor Park could only get a senior side up with no reserves. I understand mates wanting to play together but there must be a way to entice players to spread out.

Where would you prefer to spend your free time?

I know if rather be at Point Cook or Altona rather than Laverton.

If your club can't get numbers, or attract anything, maybe it's representing the image you are portraying. Might be time to change a few things.

If your club can't get numbers, or attract anything, maybe it's representing the image you are portraying. Might be time to change a few things.
Laverton I think should be in a better position. Youve got Point Cook and Altona both ambitious divvy 1 clubs where players will go and get paid and take it seriously. Laverton should try and capture those players in the area who just want to get out there and play footy.

Laverton I think should be in a better position. Youve got Point Cook and Altona both ambitious divvy 1 clubs where players will go and get paid and take it seriously. Laverton should try and capture those players in the area who just want to get out there and play footy.

It’s all about the Money!
No one wants to play for free and I no people have tried down at Laverton but unfortunately off field they just don’t seem upto it!

TT hasn’t Laverton improved as a club on field & off field over recent seasons and heading in the right direction? I guess it comes down to smart footy people off field, sponsorship and volunteers. Please keep in mind the area of Laverton can’t compare to Altona or even Point Cook. Unfortunately Laverton are improving but at a very slow rate and they moved to slow. But good on them as they continue to stay alive and put 2 teams on the park every Sat arvo plus women’s teans. They need to invest in a decent football manage. But I have no idea who is doing it now so I’m not bagging him but you need to pay someone to puck this area up.

TT hasn’t Laverton improved as a club on field & off field over recent seasons and heading in the right direction? I guess it comes down to smart footy people off field, sponsorship and volunteers. Please keep in mind the area of Laverton can’t compare to Altona or even Point Cook. Unfortunately Laverton are improving but at a very slow rate and they moved to slow. But good on them as they continue to stay alive and put 2 teams on the park every Sat arvo plus women’s teans. They need to invest in a decent football manage. But I have no idea who is doing it now so I’m not bagging him but you need to pay someone to puck this area up.

If they have improved then why is it the same questions and conversation each year?

The senior Coach has a history of a lengthy ban from threatening to bash an umpire.

Family members were on WRFL board and slandering clubs on social media.

I understand that finding a coach is probably really difficult for them, but settling for mediocrity only brings one thing.

If they have improved then why is it the same questions and conversation each year?

The senior Coach has a history of a lengthy ban from threatening to bash an umpire.

Family members were on WRFL board and slandering clubs on social media.

I understand that finding a coach is probably really difficult for them, but settling for mediocrity only brings one thing.

One would think if they had any idea they would be poaching under 18/19 whatever it is players, not all kids are good enough to play div 1 footy, surely they could scrape a few fringe players from Altona/pointcook/ CentrLs aswell and offer them some 💰💰💰 to come and play seniors.
Unfortunately it seems like they need some help off field to try to salvage something!

Anyways, Altona’s to lose again this year.
Spotty I think will be runners up!
How many games Will yarraville win?
Have Point Cook picked up enough to sneak into top 4,
Sunshine to be the big disappointment this year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyways, Altona’s to lose again this year.
Spotty I think will be runners up!
How many games Will yarraville win?
Have Point Cook picked up enough to sneak into top 4,
Sunshine to be the big disappointment this year!
Looking at the clearances, Point Cook have certainly picked up a few players but can't say I know many of the names and they're coming from a fair way back.
Deer Park have lost plenty which will be hard to replace and Werribee are in a similar boat but may have picked up a couple.
Don't forget last season the top 5 had 4 clubs all finish on same points with Altona 3 wins clear which should be the case again for Altona this year.
We could possibly see 1-2 changes to the top 5 this season which would be great for the competition.

Altona spotty hoppers Werribee have always been very strong can’t see it changing this year . Werribee lost 2 from what I’ve seen but gained one and their reserves are strong so can’t see them slipping ! Deer park will slip , about time with 7 years at the top the others will say thank you. PC have about 10 straight in the seniors will make them more competitive , maybe mid pack with St. Albans ?
Yarraville will need a few more ins !

Looking at the clearances, Point Cook have certainly picked up a few players but can't say I know many of the names and they're coming from a fair way back.
Deer Park have lost plenty which will be hard to replace and Werribee are in a similar boat but may have picked up a couple.
Don't forget last season the top 5 had 4 clubs all finish on same points with Altona 3 wins clear which should be the case again for Altona this year.
We could possibly see 1-2 changes to the top 5 this season which would be great for the competition.
Having looked at them myself what’s the go at Altona Van Den Berg and Cavilaro both purring in transfers after signing. What’s the go there?

Altona spotty hoppers Werribee have always been very strong can’t see it changing this year . Werribee lost 2 from what I’ve seen but gained one and their reserves are strong so can’t see them slipping ! Deer park will slip , about time with 7 years at the top the others will say thank you. PC have about 10 straight in the seniors will make them more competitive , maybe mid pack with St. Albans ?
Yarraville will need a few more ins !
Altona should be clear favourites and win like Deer Park did a few years ago by 150+ Hoppers have picked up nicely and will be their biggest threat along with Spotty and Werribee who are more dependant on injuries and VFL players again this year. Deer Park and St Albans will be the two most likely fighting for the last spot in the finals with Caroline Springs Point Cook and Sunshine making up the numbers and then yarraville to go straight back down without a win. Their list is far to young and inexperienced and will be in for a shock when they come up against some of the bigger quicker bodies of Div 1

Don't think Yarraville will be as bad as you think. Got some good players, plus I am assuming Salvador will be back.

Take them lightly at your own peril
I don’t think you understand the size of the jump from Div 2 to Div 1 they lost two years ago with a (better coach) to point cook who then only won 2 games (against Albion) and were non competitive most weeks. Most of their list hasn’t played Div 1 seniors and the level is a lot faster physically and mentally then they will be ready for. They may win the old game but will struggle as point cook have recruited well and Sunshine and Caroline were already better

Having looked at them myself what’s the go at Altona Van Den Berg and Cavilaro both purring in transfers after signing. What’s the go there?
Altona have denied Vandenberg's transfer to Tassie. Unusual for a club to do that when it involves a player moving states

I don’t think you understand the size of the jump from Div 2 to Div 1 they lost two years ago with a (better coach) to point cook who then only won 2 games (against Albion) and were non competitive most weeks. Most of their list hasn’t played Div 1 seniors and the level is a lot faster physically and mentally then they will be ready for. They may win the old game but will struggle as point cook have recruited well and Sunshine and Caroline were already better
It's a massive step up. 2018 Wyndhamvale finished last in Div 1 with only one win. Last season in Div 2 they finished on top of the ladder losing only one match.

As I am from Point Cook and we are the most recent to make that jump, I reckon I have a pretty good idea.

Yarraville also belted point cook twice in the year they lost the grand final to them.

So a lot would argue maybe they were more ready to come up than Point Cook were. They then added Everitt to the list as well as some handy pick ups this year.

All I am saying is take them lightly at your peril, will they win the flag, no, but I doubt they will go winless as you suggest

As I am from Point Cook and we are the most recent to make that jump, I reckon I have a pretty good idea.

Yarraville also belted point cook twice in the year they lost the grand final to them.

So a lot would argue maybe they were more ready to come up than Point Cook were. They then added Everitt to the list as well as some handy pick ups this year.

All I am saying is take them lightly at your peril, will they win the flag, no, but I doubt they will go winless as you suggest
I said they might win the odd game but that will only be against a Caroline or Sunshine as I think you at point cook have picked up a number of players to take you ahead of those two however they’ll be lucky to win more than two games and will get Belted by the top 6 teams

I said they might win the odd game but that will only be against a Caroline or Sunshine as I think you at point cook have picked up a number of players to take you ahead of those two however they’ll be lucky to win more than two games and will get Belted by the top 6 teams
PC may end up at the end of the season without a win which would be a shame and a set back for the club. Bottom 4 sides could go either way but a long way off competing with the 5 top sides.
Dont have Albion as the whipping boys this year. If TT thinks YSE may be better position then PC hard to see where PC wins are going to come from.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Region FL - Divy 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back