Western Region FL - Divy 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

PC may end up at the end of the season without a win which would be a shame and a set back for the club. Bottom 4 sides could go either way but a long way off competing with the 5 top sides.
Dont have Albion as the whipping boys this year. If TT thinks YSE may be better position then PC hard to see where PC wins are going to come from.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are all just speculating! Bring on the season so we can actually find out!

Darley Football Netball Club are looking for new players for their under 19 boys team. Membership will be half price, socks and shorts provided. Training will be Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:15pm. If you are thinking of playing and want to be guaranteed a game please call club president Mark Shelly 0418 518 862

Darley Football Netball Club are looking for new players for their under 19 boys team. Membership will be half price, socks and shorts provided. Training will be Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:15pm. If you are thinking of playing and want to be guaranteed a game please call club president Mark Shelly 0418 518 862

Your club is one of many clubs having issues fielding an u18 side. Three maybe four WRFL clubs have pulled, or about to pull sides out of the u18 comp.

Cool story.

What league was this?

Very average to see so many teams have enough for a thirds and yet those in the lower divisions are struggling for numbers.

Why is it disappointing?
Surely a club that has heaps of juniors coming through should be able to keep them.

I remember 5 or so years ago Altona asked to put a 3rds team in Div 3 because they were losing so many kids after finishing juniors.
They league said no because they wanted the talent to spread to lower division clubs in the area.
That’s not the case anymore with Pt Cook and YSE in div one now.

Why is it disappointing?
Surely a club that has heaps of juniors coming through should be able to keep them.

I remember 5 or so years ago Altona asked to put a 3rds team in Div 3 because they were losing so many kids after finishing juniors.
They league said no because they wanted the talent to spread to lower division clubs in the area.
That’s not the case anymore with Pt Cook and YSE in div one now.

Same with other current Div 1 clubs who've asked the same recently, the League response was "we don't want to create super clubs".

Can't see how it is disappointing, the League is simply facilitating what some clubs want, that is to field a 3rd senior team. Only problem I see is it places more pressure on certain grounds already near capacity with the rise of Girl's and Women's footy. Having more people around a footy club can only be a good thing?

Not as if it's a new idea, there was a 3rds Comp back in the 90s.

As I am from Point Cook and we are the most recent to make that jump, I reckon I have a pretty good idea.

Yarraville also belted point cook twice in the year they lost the grand final to them.

So a lot would argue maybe they were more ready to come up than Point Cook were. They then added Everitt to the list as well as some handy pick ups this year.

All I am saying is take them lightly at your peril, will they win the flag, no, but I doubt they will go winless as you suggest
Ping pong how has super coach boothey going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personal attacks will not be tolerated on the board. Don't do it, or you lose your a ability to post.

Paid him a sign on $5k now want money back president under pump under salary cap pressure paying overs to keep the cats that let them down in gf happy
Was always going to happen none of them had any idea what they’r doing and I’m going to assume Tighe still hasn’t been sighted for a while will be interesting mid season when they’re broke or over the cap

Let’s see how many loyal supporters they have as the inevitable slide occurs TT.
I think you’ll find most of them will stay the supporters were loyal the players and officials are the ones that will be handing in clearance requests before the deadline when they realise the goose is cooked

The story is he has left Pratty Holding the baby and gone up the road to help the old enemy!

Shame if true

Albanvale is a great little club full of great people and that will change if it goes down that path but it seems they are. I guess you have to do what you have to do when the writing is on the wall.

It may improve them onfield but they will lose the “soul” they have and that’s what makes them great imo.

Was always going to happen none of them had any idea what they’r doing and I’m going to assume Tighe still hasn’t been sighted for a while will be interesting mid season when they’re broke or over the cap
Shouldn’t assume boss and stop talking about stuff you have no idea about. considering he played in the intra club today

Shouldn’t assume boss and stop talking about stuff you have no idea about. considering he played in the intra club today
You better hope he’s in better shape then last year or he’ll be in the 2s like last year and with Van den berg leaving only 1 ruck

Shame if true

Albanvale is a great little club full of great people and that will change if it goes down that path but it seems they are. I guess you have to do what you have to do when the writing is on the wall.

It may improve them onfield but they will lose the “soul” they have and that’s what makes them great imo.

DEER PARK COBRAS. Could be merger..

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Region FL - Divy 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back