Western Region FL - Divy 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Who Deer Park loyalty 😂😂😂😂😂😂

If you bothered to read the post and not just the words Deer Park you would have seen I was speaking of Albanvales loyalty.

Think you need to build a bridge and move on mate, most agree with you but now you just repeating yourself over and over and no one even bothers

If you bothered to read the post and not just the words Deer Park you would have seen I was speaking of Albanvales loyalty.

Think you need to build a bridge and move on mate, most agree with you but now you just repeating yourself over and over and no one even bothers
You’d think with their immediate downfall coming people wouldn’t care so much

You’d think with their immediate downfall coming people wouldn’t care so much

As much as we all might Loathe or like them a healthy competitive Deer Park is good for the comp, the more teams challenging for Finals the better.
If all are fair and above board!

Unsure of what you mean by this statement. IGA has always been a privately owned franchise and remains so. There was a change of ownership at the local IGA and the new owners are not sponsors, whereas the prior owners of IGA were. Therefore, this is a sponsor who paid last year that needs to be replaced to be in the same financial position as last year. How, is this a bad example by the poster?

Player wise Altona is very strong, and in regards to numbers have been for quite a few years now. They should be clear favourites given the weakening of the list at Deer Park. They did finish 3 games clear on top last season.

Their big challenge is raising the revenue via sponsors and functions to fund not only the wages of the players but the costs of operating the club. Like all clubs there are a few sponsors that will not be renewing, it is about replacing those and adding additional sponsors on top of those not there as well as generating revenue from other sources. If they can achieve this they will be fine

Altona IGA has not always been an independently owned store, from the time it opened until a year or two ago it was always a corporate store which means it was owned by IGA itself who employed a manager to run it.
Obviously the new independent owner didn’t renew their sponsorship

Altona IGA has not always been an independently owned store, from the time it opened until a year or two ago it was always a corporate store which means it was owned by IGA itself who employed a manager to run it.
Obviously the new independent owner didn’t renew their sponsorship
Given that IGA is owned by Metcash and all stores are owned independently, no IGA did not own the Altona store.

Metcash did fund the buy out the original owner after issues with the original owner

However, this does not change the facts the poster was pointing out. IGA still has their boards up. They were a sponsor last season, the major one, and need to be replaced. There are other advertising boards up for last years sponsorships.

They need to be replaced to get income back to last years levels like all clubs have to do

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Given that IGA is owned by Metcash and all stores are owned independently, no IGA did not own the Altona store.

Metcash did fund the buy out the original owner after issues with the original owner

However, this does not change the facts the poster was pointing out. IGA still has their boards up. They were a sponsor last season, the major one, and need to be replaced. There are other advertising boards up for last years sponsorships.

They need to be replaced to get income back to last years levels like all clubs have to do

How will they cover all the others that have departed too? Have only seen 3 sponsors promoted recently... Looks like you’ll have to go down and help out take down several boards in addition to what you’ve mentioned, you obviously spend a bit of time down there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ve been hearing some rumours Chris Stewart leaving Deer Park returning home to one of his old clubs is there any truth to this ?

I’ve been hearing some rumours Chris Stewart leaving Deer Park returning home to one of his old clubs is there any truth to this ?
I’m sure it’ll happen looks like the better players are seeing who stays and how competitive they are and depending on that will leave

You seem to have the inside scoop there Lachy! Tell me more champ....what other lost sponsors do Altona need to cover?

You seem to have the inside scoop there Lachy! Tell me more champ....what other lost sponsors do Altona need to cover?
Well for starters Saadi and all your other former coaching staffs investments one would think you seem to get very angry over people pointing out small details about the financials at the club almost as if you’re worried about something clearly just pointing out that they’re a private company and that you have lost sponsors and need to replace them, if this is untrue and all sponsors are the same from last year please let us know otherwise stop throwing a hissy fit every time someone points a FACT out

You are very wrong about IGA/Metcash, do some research

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats correct, Metcash took it over after that guy stuffed it
Yes and funded a new operator who was the sponsor. Btw the club did absolutely nothing wrong, not their fault they did not renew

You seem to be very defensive here WRFL Identity. You have a crack at the Boss78 for having an opinion.

He or she is entitled to that opinion on a public forum, whether people agree with them is up to them. One thing is for sure if the club wins the premiership and has a good year financially those opinions will be shown to be incorrect. Only the fullness of time will show that.

I am not going to name names in a public forum, I know of a couple but will leave that to others, but Altona have not lost sponsors, there are sponsors that have not renewed for differing reasons. This is common for every club. It is also a challenge for every club to replace the funds from sponsors not renewing whatever the circumstances.

In case you missed it I have supported the intiative to get the players involved in obtaining sponsors as unless a club has access to pokies or club money it is hard work to raise the funds available to operate a division one club. It requires a lot of people working hard togther to get it done, for which no one should have a crack at those putting in the time and effort to do.

Also unlike others I have never said the club is in financial trouble, I have said it should be ok as I would be confident the hard work is being done by many

Also I have been very positive about the upcoming year from a playing point of view.

You seem to be very defensive here WRFL Identity. You have a crack at the Boss78 for having an opinion.

He or she is entitled to that opinion on a public forum, whether people agree with them is up to them. One thing is for sure if the club wins the premiership and has a good year financially those opinions will be shown to be incorrect. Only the fullness of time will show that.

I am not going to name names in a public forum, I know of a couple but will leave that to others, but Altona have not lost sponsors, there are sponsors that have not renewed for differing reasons. This is common for every club. It is also a challenge for every club to replace the funds from sponsors not renewing whatever the circumstances.

In case you missed it I have supported the intiative to get the players involved in obtaining sponsors as unless a club has access to pokies or club money it is hard work to raise the funds available to operate a division one club. It requires a lot of people working hard togther to get it done, for which no one should have a crack at those putting in the time and effort to do.

Also unlike others I have never said the club is in financial trouble, I have said it should be ok as I would be confident the hard work is being done by many

Also I have been very positive about the upcoming year from a playing point of view.

With the exception of my issue with the posting of Boss78 (I don't believe potting a club for making decisions you don't agree with is ok), I've got nothing mate. Well said.

With the exception of my issue with the posting of Boss78 (I don't believe potting a club for making decisions you don't agree with is ok), I've got nothing mate. Well said.
haven’t had a pot at anyone in particular mate if you can’t cop a bit of healthy criticism about how things were and are managed with people expressing their opinions you need to jog on

haven’t had a pot at anyone in particular mate if you can’t cop a bit of healthy criticism about how things were and are managed with people expressing their opinions you need to jog on

Literally EVERY chance you get, you pot the club. Nothing you have said could be considered 'healthy criticism'.

Literally EVERY chance you get, you pot the club. Nothing you have said could be considered 'healthy criticism'.
When the club makes rash decisions after a narrow defeat at more player fault then coaching which could cripple it in years to come pointing that out isn’t taking pot shots it’s saying quite clearly if you’re wrong here the club is in serious danger

When the club makes rash decisions after a narrow defeat at more player fault then coaching which could cripple it in years to come pointing that out isn’t taking pot shots it’s saying quite clearly if you’re wrong here the club is in serious danger

Selective memory TheBoss78. You've had far more to say than the above.

The decision wasn't rash. Not by a long way.

Selective memory TheBoss78. You've had far more to say than the above.

The decision wasn't rash. Not by a long way.
Outside of Tighe who has disappeared a lot so once again fact haven’t pot shot at anyone. Asking the coach to reapply for his job that took you from bottom end finals to your players choking in the second half because they blame him instead of themselves is a rash decision you’ve got a bloke now that if he doesn’t win this year will be labeled a fraud because you have the best list which Saadi built

Outside of Tighe who has disappeared a lot so once again fact haven’t pot shot at anyone. Asking the coach to reapply for his job that took you from bottom end finals to your players choking in the second half because they blame him instead of themselves is a rash decision you’ve got a bloke now that if he doesn’t win this year will be labeled a fraud because you have the best list which Saadi built

Ghazi built 0. Rose aside, did not recruit a single player of note.

Blame should be levelled at the players. 100% agree with you and anyone else who thinks that.....but, Ghazi's short comings as a coach were many and varied and a massive contributor to the pathetic capitulation on grand final day. Equal parts out-muscled, out-played and out-coached.

If grand final day was the sole contributing factor to his not getting a 5th year, even then, it would not have been a rash decision. He was responsible for a straight sets exit the previous year with arguably a better list. If anything, the decision to give him another year in 2019 was a rash decision. For all intents and purposes, he had already lost the bulk of the playing group and many influential people within the club. But yeah, he was asked to reapply for his job based on a split second decision. Mind you, Altona is constitutional bound to advertise and accept applications for ALL roles, EVERY year. Incumbents included.

I could care less about Tighe and your FACTS too. Still doesn't detract from the fact you continually pot the club at every opportunity presented to you.

When the club makes rash decisions after a narrow defeat at more player fault then coaching which could cripple it in years to come pointing that out isn’t taking pot shots it’s saying quite cleaarly if you’re wrong here the club is in serious danger
You are clearly an assistant coach to saade eg rod . Give it a break mate ..leave sean alone . Doubt the club will miss you .. pop down friday night and we can discuss further

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Region FL - Divy 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back