Western Region FL - Divy 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Trucka I highly doubt Deer Park do not have anything in the bank, in fact I would think the opposite is true. Financially they have been an extremely well run club and have not just been dependant on one source of income and have not paid out more than they could afford.

Their issue will be, as it will be for a few other clubs, players do not want to play for nothing, nor should they if it could impact on their ability to earn a living outside of football.

I know there are those that possibly with valid reason hope that this club falls in a big heap. I do understand this given some of their behavior over the past 7 years, but that was not addressed then and no point laboring it now.

Personally I hope it doesn't fold and they just move towards becoming a successful club maximizing a level playing field. By this I mean re build the list under the current rules.

The alternative could be no clubs without juniors are competetive on division 1 which cannot be good for the code or competition. Too low of points could hasten this. No club should be below 45 points but this is a debate for another day.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If they had money in the bank, surely they could afford to pay players something.Their are players out their that would be happy to play for minimal or nothing this year, but they are mpre than likely players that have come up through the ranks at the club, unlike DP

When the major revenue source is the Deer Park club and they have had doors closed for 3 months, and when they reopen to restrictions, I don't know how sustainable a revenue source you can claim.

If there are a large number of teams across the leagues who decide they don’t want to play, wonder if the EDFL and WRFL would merge for a year to get a 10 side premier division... could make things interesting, think WRFL clubs would just be making up the numbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprising. They have hardly any players.
Not true lets clarify the reasons, health and safety of the players,committee and the protocols that recently released on trainers ,volunteers will be hard to implement. The other factor is stress being put on everyone involved in club,particularly coaching and players that have been advised to not attend training by their employers ,anyway that's the decision taken by our football club watch the sheep follow and that's why we are number 1 for last 7 years always one step ahead

Not true lets clarify the reasons, health and safety of the players,committee and the protocols that recently released on trainers ,volunteers will be hard to implement. The other factor is stress being put on everyone involved in club,particularly coaching and players that have been advised to not attend training by their employers ,anyway that's the decision taken by our football club watch the sheep follow and that's why we are number 1 for last 7 years always one step ahead
If that was the issue wouldn’t you be pulling out your juniors as well? 100s of juniors and parents running around is going to be far harder to handle.
Just be honest your players don’t want to play for nothing. You won’t have a team

we didn’t come down in the last shower

No 1 for weakness now. Pathetic.

Are you kidding me ???
The last 7 years all I’ve heard is DP this, DP that, DP are cheats, don’t play against DP, forfeit against DP, the clubs need to make a stand against DP......Well here’s your chance for all the sooky clubs out there. You got your wish, there is no more DP.
Stand up and have a crack !

What's so pathetic ? Health of people is number 1 who takes responsibility if a player gets Covid , didn't hoppers coach come out last month and say season not worth it ? Anyway sides in edfl are now pulling the pin
Jerry, it’s weak as P1SS that Money Park have pulled the seniors out.
No money to be paid to players so there’s no one there to play, prior to what should have been the start of the season MP were telling the league that they won’t be fielding a reserves side as there isn’t enough players.
You don’t want the coach or players of the seniors to get Covid, but it’s fine for the juniors coaches, parents and support staff like trainers who will still have the same protocols to adhere too.
Just face the facts that everyone else knows.
Zero salary cap = no players
No players = pull team out
However, MP knows how to still pay players, so the real reason is, you got no players and 2021 you will have the same issue.
The demise of this club is now real.

Hopefully this is a wake up call for the WRFL Board, all junior only clubs and those out there considering establishing new clubs. Prior to the virus hitting many WRFL clubs where barely surviving whether that be financially or due to player numbers. The gap between Div 1 and Div 2 should not be as significant as it is. For the WRFL to maintain a healthy competition where clubs can build playing lists of 50-60, field U/18 teams and have money in the bank they need to cull the competition to 20 or 22 clubs. Have two divisions of 10 or Div1 10 teams & Div 2 12 teams. Allow St Albans to make their move over to the EDFL & look at clubs such as Nth Sunshine, Laverton, Wyndham Suns & Tarneit fielding only junior teams until a senior competition is healthy.

The big test for clubs will be next season, Jerry. 2021 will tell us who was one step ahead this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Region FL - Divy 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back