Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

WRFLfan said:
Thats GOLD:thumbsu: mate gtreat effort, you were pretty drunk on Saturday night mate.
Great rp up maybe Cold Pies could do something similar seeing he is the holder of the yellow leaders gersey, maybe even list who his rivals will be.
Where does the name Sharpy come from and any chance giving the blokes names in the edit so we all know who they are, are you in there? again GOLD:thumbsu:

Yes the GF was a large day for both Sunshine and Colts boys at CQ. I don't think any of us were in the best of shape but me all managed to battle on to near stumps.

Sharpy comes from about 10 years ago on the trip where Wayne Sharp brought back about 10 Qantas Air Hostest and let the boys have their way with them. Apparently he also managed to go the whole trip with no sleep and just plenty of piss.

Look back up for the blokes names. A few might ring a bell. Couldn't make the trip this season myself as I pre booked a holiday thinking the trip was going to be on a different weekend.

cantbuyaflag said:
Yeah get him good, he loves it...

Oh sorry mate, blond moment, na keep the name it reminds me of some team....:confused:

Yeah for sure havent seen him for a while....

Next year, little Boofa keeps twisting my arm to get my arse down there...;)

he told me that robbie fella wanted to play with the colts and said he went well also, also mentioned that you were a chance too flav so time will tell on that eh...?

the herb pascarl medalist also told me that his name is hollywood now, boofa has been sacked never to be used again

i

Great work the Bombers, i liked the effort that went into giving the rest of big footy a run down of the field. My tips for this years Sharpy are:
1- Tim Croft $12- an outsider who has looked strong all year and ready to take the next step into group 1 class.
2- Macauley Goring $1.28- odds on favourite but not much money in it for a gambler.
3- Jon Baird $31- i've heard the urban legends of this guy in the past while overseas and let me tell you has the hottest girlfriend at the club by a mile.

good site this said:
Great work the Bombers, i liked the effort that went into giving the rest of big footy a run down of the field. My tips for this years Sharpy are:
1- Tim Croft $12- an outsider who has looked strong all year and ready to take the next step into group 1 class.
2- Macauley Goring $1.28- odds on favourite but not much money in it for a gambler.
3- Jon Baird $31- i've heard the urban legends of this guy in the past while overseas and let me tell you has the hottest girlfriend at the club by a mile.

Big call to say best girlfreind in the club by a mile. Rusty Douglas girlfriend is a bit harshly done by as well as your own goes alright and loves getting amongst it buddy. hahaha

wizza14 said:
aka Kane Cooper

wrong again detective wizza and as for kanes mate toc from what im told the boy is in lebanon where he will be staying for a while so keep guessing goose and to you WRFL FAN I might of played for the colts or i might not have but i was around you boys alot either way

willie beamen said:
wrong again detective wizza and as for kanes mate toc from what im told the boy is in lebanon where he will be staying for a while so keep guessing goose and to you WRFL FAN I might of played for the colts or i might not have but i was around you boys alot either way

You wouldn't be from West Footscray would you??

Gobombers55 said:

Big call to say best girlfreind in the club by a mile. Rusty Douglas girlfriend is a bit harshly done by as well as your own goes alright and loves getting amongst it buddy. hahaha

santas girl is a hotty....and he will win the sharpy..he is in great form

chopsewie said:
I reakon his cover has been blown . You should have made your alias Granny Smith
I reckon you blokes have crack autally put it on one person and he dropped McCauly Culkins name

cold pies said:
who is this fella bronco send me a pm if you don't want to post it, i'm keen for back to back titles but i don't think blokes can go as hard as last year it just about got out of control, wrfl fan do you agree i thought i was gonna die when i got home, i was immobile for 3 days, we need to get the right balance so we're not too stuffed for fisherman's on sunday, but at the same time still having a massive crack
Yeah your spot on Cold Pies last year we went a little silly you told me it was the last time you would have a crack and you lied but l stay true to the promise.
Marathon Man he is a serious stayer and very funny man related to the turk can drink the boy, is making a footy come next year also.

Im over waiting for this trip be happy to get on the drink right now

high_flier said:
Saints do you think omaid is the best player at the districts?
I havent seen him play, heard he is hard at it but i know he did no pre season and played about the first five games in the twos.

Can you name the players at districts who you think would play colts 1s and be fairdinkum keels

I've seen a couple of games and in my opinion not one player would slot in....Some handy fringe players for sure but 1's I think so there are more deserving blokes at Colts already...

Gobombers55 said:
C'mon Colts boys lift your game. You want some predictions for the footy trip well have a look at this.

This years footy trip has 15 well credentialed competitors all vying to see who will take home "Sharpy" in 2006. You could make a case for any number of contenders in this years field, which contains 5 previous "Sharpy" award winners. Although it isn't a large contingent, it has class written all over it.

Will one of these previous champions become the first person to win 2 Sharpy's, or will it be an up and coming young buck to take home the prized trophy.

I will attempt to give an assessment on each of the runners, and give my views on how far I think they can go in Adelaide 2006.

CAMO (Cam Magnusson), $21- This impressive stud has recently separated from his filly. Looked as if the distance of the trip wouldn't be a concern until a set back after the last race.

On his previous form, he must rate at least a rough chance. Jockey will also need to draw his whip more vigorously to be a hope. Each way appeal.

WELLSY (Craig Wells), $2.40- Last years "Sharpy" winner. Mr Consistency and the distance looks perfect for a repeat effort. Will of course be tougher with the extra weight of being last years victor. With even luck, must be amongst the leading chances. The drawback is he has been linked to a filly which may have taken some of the zest from this stallion. Huge chance.

ABO (Darren Green), $75- Past winner of this event, but must be nearing the end of a successful career. Grand Galloper who we know will run the trip, but is a bit one paced. Capable of stretching a few of the younger runners, but hard to see figuring in the finish. Place best.

SANTA (David DeSanta-ana), $4- Another past winner of the Sharpy, on the comeback trail. Courageous effort last year when even after a career threatening injury, he still managed to valiantly finish amongst the lead group. After plenty of rehab, trainer thinks he is back to his best and is a huge chance of causing a boilover. Is as honest as they come and will be in the finish. Danger.

SNAKE (Jake Savage), $7.50- A tireless performer who gives his all in every race. Ran in the placings last year on debut and with that experience behind him is certainly a major contender this year. His only blemish of late is when he broke down in a fit of emotion last run and anyone who has won the Sharpy knows there is no room for sentiment. Definite threat.

BAIRDY (John Baird), $31- Debutant who has international experience. A solid stallion who has the pick of the fillies back in the stable. Track watchers have noticed that he fluctuates between good runs and bad runs, so a lot will depend on what Bairdy turns up to the racetrack. In saying that, from stories across the globe, he seems to have exceptional talent when on song. I would like to see him have a run before saying that he could match it with the favourites. Take on trust.

FROSTY (Jon Frost), $25- The perennial under achiever. Trainer always has him set to the minute, but goes star gazing and cant fulfil his limitless promise. Looks as good as any in the mounting yard, although he is prone to sweating up in the yard. If he can live up to his hype, must rate a show, but likely to find these much to fast over this journey. One for the multiples.

MACCA (Macually Goring HARD TO BEAT), $1.28- Winner of the award 2 years ago. Was a short priced favourite last year when only beaten by a great finishing burst from Wellsy. The massive stallion has hit form at the right time and will deservedly run the top pick again. Hard to see him getting beaten, but if there are any chinks in his armour, then this high quality field will find it. The one they have to catch.

GRECHY (Mark Grech), $101- The fifth of the past winners lining up this year. A few years past his best, but it is hard to discount any previous winner. Can't stomach as much as he used to, and has become temperamental, which the trainer will have to rectify if he is to run a strong race. Looks to be running in this for old times sake and will need to be at his best just to finish midfield. Doubtful

RICKY (Ricky Martin), $301- Has only battled at his previous Sharpy starts, and has always been a sprinter rather than the stayer required for this gruelling race. His last start supports this when he failed to run the distance after setting a handy pace. Up a mile in class and trainer has to be admired for taking up this massive challenge. Not likely.

CHUCKY (Robert Gill), $15- Interesting runner. Chucky made his debut last year and ran an honest race. Trainer always thought he would be better this time around and is as dour as they come, so the journey poses no problems. No doubt will be coming home hard, but may be giving a few too big a start. Knock out chance.

SHEDDA (Sam Hedditch), $21- The Shed looks to have the potential to be a force for years to come. Unfortunately, so far, he has yet to turn this potential into reality. Has had excuses in the past but seems to be injury free this year. Look for an improved run, but I still believe he is a few years from seeing out the trip. Prefer to see.

SPITSY (Simon Spits), $501- Trainer has him set for another first up attempt at this years Sharpy. Jockey always seems to jag him back behind the field and this year I would like to see him set the pace early on, to see what type of motor he has. Wishful thinking to say he could win this, but you have to be in it to win it. Outsider.

T.C (Tim Croft), $12- This exciting colt looks to have come back in good order this year. He has shown that he has taken the next step, but the query remains if he can last the trip. Looks suited over the shorter course at this stage of his career. If he can get away with an easy lead, which is unlikely in this field, he may be able to place. Has the task ahead.

XAV (Xavier Hayes), $21- Experienced runner of this event. Has always been around the mark, and will give a strong account of himself. Late entry after getting passed fit to run by the filly. Only time will tell if he can topple the main fancies, but on best form is right up there. Don't treat lightly.

My selections for the Sharpy are
1.Macca
2.Wellsy
3.Santa
Great run down of who might win the award your better than Kenny Calendar.

Still not much word on the new coaches/ potential new coaches for clubs still seeking.

Shanks to Albion and this theodore to Spotty both seem to be confirmed.

St Albans and Yarravill/ Seddon still are both still looking at their options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heard from a few of the Colts today - have been kicked out of their hotel on the Gold Coast after one night....Have to be a record!

Kozzis Dizzy said:
heard from a few of the Colts today - have been kicked out of their hotel on the Gold Coast after one night....Have to be a record!

Can confirm that this is 100% true. Had until midday to get their things and get out. Could not get another hotel together as a group so they are spread all over the Gold Coast / South Port / Broadbeach. Watch out QLD.

Travvy43 said:
Still not much word on the new coaches/ potential new coaches for clubs still seeking.

Shanks to Albion and this theodore to Spotty both seem to be confirmed.

St Albans and Yarravill/ Seddon still are both still looking at their options.

Kolyinuk to the saints...signed two days ago.knocked back the B-Marsh job for 30k...one wonders what the saints are paying?????

Seddon/Yarraville have re-advertised.....lost a chance with Keogh and there current short list is just that ...very short.....zero

motty where do you get your info from there has never been a st albans south side

obe1 said:
Kolyinuk to the saints...signed two days ago.knocked back the B-Marsh job for 30k...one wonders what the saints are paying?????

Seddon/Yarraville have re-advertised.....lost a chance with Keogh and there current short list is just that ...very short.....zero

they are not paying him over 30k... i know that he did not want much to coach at st albans..

westernbulldog said:
motty where do you get your info from there has never been a st albans south side

St Albans south played out of an oval down near Ginifer railway station,there wore Essendon Jumpers and were affiliated with the old West Suburban league in the late eighties.

tiger_12 said:
they are not paying him over 30k... i know that he did not want much to coach at st albans..

Your Kidding arn't you?? , He was in the mix at B-Marsh,Heidelburg and the Saints. Ezard was on 15k plus,who knows what Pagan stole, so to suggest that there is not good coin on the table is a little nieve.

obe1 said:
St Albans south played out of an oval down near Ginifer railway station,there wore Essendon Jumpers and were affiliated with the old West Suburban league in the late eighties.

obe1 not correct i was in wsfl 1970-87 when it folded never a saint albans south in that time

Any playing assistants coach roles going in WRFL...... and if not which club would be a plum club to play for.... one with a youngish list on the way up...

SWANNEES said:
obe1 not correct i was in wsfl 1970-87 when it folded never a saint albans south in that time

Home ground was Errington reserve in St Albans, not too sure of the exact year, the side was Coached by a mate of mine Jamie Bigham ex albanvale, as was most of the team at the time. ( Albanvale were outed from the FDFL at the time )They played in the comp for two years and them went onto the VAFA back as Albanvale. Having spoken to a number of past players they have confirmed the above.

Have just returned from a weekend of relaxation on the gold coast. Port Colts footy trip definately one pack full of events. Met most of the boys for the first time and would have to be one of the best bunch of blokes involved in local footy.

Furious Styles said:
Have just returned from a weekend of relaxation on the gold coast. Port Colts footy trip definately one pack full of events. Met most of the boys for the first time and would have to be one of the best bunch of blokes involved in local footy.

Port Colts may be a great "football team" but if anyone can name a more feral buch of hardcore bogans that love nothing more than to punch on when out on the piss, I will go he. If they don't punch on with each other during games of footy, with each other in their own clubrooms after a game of footy, then it is some poor individual that gets in their way....

Name me a more in bred team of bogans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back