Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Western Region Football League team

easily in the top 2 or 3 defenders in the comp........if not the best

He did a job on Caddy during the finals, couldn't stop the ball when placed 10 metres out in front of Caddy, but no one in this comp can anyway.
Have to agree with colbol, top 2 for me considering he was playing on one of the best forwards in the comp.

I have been catching up on the posts of recent times and have noticed a hell of a lot of chat about Yarra. Jesus are you peoples lifes so sad that you need to constantly talk about a side that finished second last in 07?? Dean Chandler is a very good player and is considering an offer from Glenorden. As for Corey and Clint they have spoken to other clubs but none of the 3 mentioned have signed anywhere. Chinese whispers are everywhere. North Footscray did have a few on the track but there were mostly very young or very old!!

As for Rob, he is a passionate guy and should be given a chance to show his wares. For all of the clowns that post on here from Yarra, get your arses off big footy and get to training and give the bloke a shot. You may be surprised.

Internal workings of any footy club should not be aired in a public forum like this. It's easy to pot from the sidelines but unless you have a crack don't spruik. It's any wonder Yarra have struggled in the past with these types of people associated with it. Don't throw off and pot your own club, show some courage and get on the track. The club will move forward without the internal bitching. Talk is cheap. Want a clearance? Front up and ask for one face to face, like men!! One last thing 28 players are still contracted from last year so movements from Yarra WILL BE MINIMAL!!
One of the best posts on here, well said.

Big call saying he's the best, theres some decent backman in the comp. Like your captain Jensen

yeah there a a couple of good ones, but mangin and bonnett are the two standouts.... i would hate to play against mangin, gun defender and lets you know bout it too.

yeah there a a couple of good ones, but mangin and bonnett are the two standouts.... i would hate to play against mangin, gun defender and lets you know bout it too.

Mango one of the best?? good work

Dean Chandlers Diary - Played Juniors at Altona then went over to Spotswood to play under 18's. Got offered a job at Clough Electrical as an apprenctice on one condition that he play with Seddon FC.

Dean failed to attend School for his apprenticeship and got the lemon sarse from Cloughy's business plus setting a record for the number of sick days

Played with Seddon FC and spent most of the time in the trees down at Seddon sooking to the coach as to why players wouldn't kick the ball to him.

Dean left Seddon because he got offered up an advance match payments of 1,000 to go to the Vicking's.

Dean spent one year there and though well Seddon & Yarraville have merged I'll negotiate with them to get a full time job plus casual work and match payments. The club accomodated for all this and his still in this job today I believe. To Deans credit he won the Best & Fairest sitting in the stands at Yarraville Seddon Oval

Dean apparently has signed at Glenorden for an electrical apprenticship for Prompt Electrical well done Creamy Davis. Deano lives in Richmond so Avalon Airport will get good patronage

From an outsiders view point Dean Chan;der will continue to burn people so good luck and take plenty of panadole

yeah i worked at the same job site as mango top bloke good size can tell i would be a great footballer Good luck Spotswood!

The same Mangin that struggled to get a game at one of the bottoms EDFL clubs being Abers?? he must have improved and/or the level of football in the WRFL is not in the same planet as the EDFL... no bias to the EDFL either as I am having a kick in the WRFL for the first time this season :thumbsu:

I must admit that game we played against you blokes at your ground he was one of the worst offenders for ducking his head in marking contest. But the other three times we played you he didnt seem to do it, but its hard to see everything at the other end of the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The same Mangin that struggled to get a game at one of the bottoms EDFL clubs being Abers?? he must have improved and/or the level of football in the WRFL is not in the same planet as the EDFL... no bias to the EDFL either as I am having a kick in the WRFL for the first time this season :thumbsu:

well i guess you will find out how the standard of this comp is then who u playing for?? and you will see first hand why i rate mango one of the best defenders in the comp......

would be interesting to get the top 22 from each comp to play each other? who would come out on top?

I must admit that game we played against you blokes at your ground he was one of the worst offenders for ducking his head in marking contest. But the other three times we played you he didnt seem to do it, but its hard to see everything at the other end of the ground.

saw a fair bit of head ducking in the other three games we played too, we wont get into names, but no of it was from mango.

how old are u geek. when someone hasnt done anything wrong by me, his alright always up for a beer , decent footy player. why whats he done to you.....didnt sllep with you???/ hahah clown

saw a fair bit of head ducking in the other three games we played too, we wont get into names, but no of it was from mango.
please crackers say some names.....you have a flag fair enough and you personally have a crack everyone has had moments on the footy field that their not proud of and mango knows he had a bad one that day and one ordinary effort of ducking his head.....but hardness is lacking in a few of your teammates be honest,hardness is our strong point....
enough of that news at spotty is that ben kelly will coach next year with ben harris his assistant i believe this was announced yesterday...ben kelly was the logical choice in my opinion and will do a great job,leads well on the ground and one of spotty's harder players and very well respected in the league..i wish him luck.

sorry buddy mangan was top 5 in abers best n fairest last year and was a very big loss for them, was watching the grand final and did a great job on caddy, u have my vote mangan, well done on the flag too..

sorry buddy mangan was top 5 in abers best n fairest last year and was a very big loss for them, was watching the grand final and did a great job on caddy, u have my vote mangan, well done on the flag too..

Totally agree - is missed around the footy club.

Played all his juniors as a key forward and then got tried out across half back and a proven success.

However, if i was having a punt on a WRFL v EDFL game - i'd have to take the EDFL over 39 and a half points.

could only be bothered working my way through the last four pages so if this has already been posted i apologies but hoppers have signed doug thomas, brad murphy and chris barry. they also have another few good prospects in the pipeline who have yet to put pen to paper. Adam taylor will also combine the roll of reserves coach and senior player with the view of him taking over the reins of senior coach when frost calls it a day.

If you read l said he didnt in the other games brains. Throw some names up, l bet i could throw a few as well in the mix

please crackers say some names.....you have a flag fair enough and you personally have a crack everyone has had moments on the footy field that their not proud of and mango knows he had a bad one that day and one ordinary effort of ducking his head.....but hardness is lacking in a few of your teammates be honest,hardness is our strong point....
enough of that news at spotty is that ben kelly will coach next year with ben harris his assistant i believe this was announced yesterday...ben kelly was the logical choice in my opinion and will do a great job,leads well on the ground and one of spotty's harder players and very well respected in the league..i wish him luck.

nar wont name names, cause as u said everyone has done it, except beazer of course. just stirring it up a bit really bout the head ducking and sticking up for mango, i would also say our hardness last year was our strong point aloong with port colts, as will be the same this year, dont think there is a any of my teammates lacking in hardness rock.

yeah i agree ben is an good choice as coach he is well respected at the club has a good footy brain. looking forward to 08'

nar wont name names, cause as u said everyone has done it, except beazer of course. just stirring it up a bit really bout the head ducking and sticking up for mango, i would also say our hardness last year was our strong point aloong with port colts, as will be the same this year, dont think there is a any of my teammates lacking in hardness rock.

yeah i agree ben is an good choice as coach he is well respected at the club has a good footy brain. looking forward to 08'

On the topic of the "hardest teams".....

Just my opinion from someone who has seen a fair bit of footy in this comp.

1. Port Colts
2. Parkside (until last year)
3. Spotswood
4. Sunshine / Glenorden
5. Albion
6. St Albans
7. Yarraville
8. Altona
10. Hoppers

No offence to Hoppers but they lost games against good sides last year because they shirked the hard ball. Similarly Port Colts won games due to the fact they were hard at it. Makes a BIG difference in the WRFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back