Western Region Football League Team (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give us your opinion on each individuals ability and why it is not up to senior footy.From what i am told Tedesco had an interupted season through injury and suspension among other things but on ability would be in a toss up between Nathan Dumbleton and Corey Lawson as the best players in the U18 comp in 2008.One of the other 2 players in question was apparently training at Doutta Stars where he was offered folding to play there so obviously John Barnes thought he was going to play Senior footy in a comp arguably better than he will be playing in at the Colts.The 3rd player is not over endowed with natural ability and some times thought he was Hercules playing 18s and he will find out quickly in senior ranks that they are all big and all strong but he is very strong overhead for his height,works his arse off to lock the ball in when necessary and will fit into the Colts hard working physical brand of footy.Your opinion of course but it just seems now you know their names you are dismissing them completly.I wouldnt have thought young Jye Orchard would be a senior footballer last year let alone a premiership player and look what happened there.2 of the 3 players are streets ahead of him on ability so my opinion is you cant say their ability is not up to it.

yeh fair response,
good luck to the boys,

Give us your opinion on each individuals ability and why it is not up to senior footy.From what i am told Tedesco had an interupted season through injury and suspension among other things but on ability would be in a toss up between Nathan Dumbleton and Corey Lawson as the best players in the U18 comp in 2008.One of the other 2 players in question was apparently training at Doutta Stars where he was offered folding to play there so obviously John Barnes thought he was going to play Senior footy in a comp arguably better than he will be playing in at the Colts.The 3rd player is not over endowed with natural ability and some times thought he was Hercules playing 18s and he will find out quickly in senior ranks that they are all big and all strong but he is very strong overhead for his height,works his arse off to lock the ball in when necessary and will fit into the Colts hard working physical brand of footy.Your opinion of course but it just seems now you know their names you are dismissing them completly.I wouldnt have thought young Jye
Orchard would be a senior footballer last year let alone a premiership player and look what happened there.2 of the 3 players are streets ahead of him on ability so my opinion is you cant say their ability is not up to it.

who john and josh streets ahead, mate you need to get of the fairy dust

Walking the dog around the Anglers last night, and noticed the Sunshine boys doing some work. Travvy, if your new ruckman was the guy on the bike. He is a monster.

thats good, dont get me wrong hope the boys do well, but have you actually seen them play a game?

Have you seen them play????
Also what makes you the expert to say they are not up to it???

To the poster that asked why i pump up other teams saying there the team to beat, then say i think we will finish top 3, i believe theses teams will be all hard to beat from our perspective, if we can sign one more player on friday i think we will be better than last year, in saying that we mite get a horror run with injuries and may not be up there at all, however with a bit of luck we should be top 3 again.
As i have said before it should be a great year with the likes of sunshine, albion and hoppers picking up very well, spotty back to the field a bit, along with glenorden and altona raising the bar, could be the most competitive year of wrfl footy in a long time.

So who do people think will be the top new players to the comp????
Don't hold back, especially you travvy.

Have you seen them play????
Also what makes you the expert to say they are not up to it???

gee this is gettin big
yeh have seen them play have been watching them for years.
i dont rate myself as an expert, at all dont get me wrong these boys will play a lot of senior footy especially john, but i think they may struggle to get into YOUR side this year, would get agame in many other sides.

Interesting to see some of the pending clearances put up from today, there has been a little more movement from the top 6 sides:

Spotty:
In: Montebello, Theodore
Out:Ergunen, Beasley, Harris, Keenan, Isbister, Sablich, McGhie, Patak, Simpson

Colts:
In: Carvalho, Gattellaro, Tedesco, Winters
Out: Bracken, Taylor, Millen, Brannan

St. Albans:
In: Jenkins(full year)
Out: Bakoulas, Hollow, Scott(Is that the ruckman or a junior player?), McKerrecher

Albion:
In: Bonnici, Micklethwait, Munro, Bloomfield, Philpot
Out: Zerafa, Vimpany

Hoppers:
In: Chamberlain, Beasley, Mitchell, West
Out: Becker, Burke, Leatch

Sunshine:
In: Douglas, Murphy, Powell, Almond, Rose(Won't Play),
Out: Frost, Bright, Linton, Hill, Harrison

These are just some of the comings and goings that have been talked about, feel free to edit this post. Obviously some might not get cleared. I think Albion will be the team to beat especially with the quality some of the top sides have lost.

who john and josh streets ahead, mate you need to get of the fairy dust

Orchard was very lucky like Richard Hadley was for Brisbane Lions, i thought the bloke that got dropped was stiff was it Knight also thought the other young forward went well all year played in the prelim forget his name think its Pope.
Guess well find out about Orchard this year will youth get pushed thru the middle to replace Harris or is there senior blokes that will fill his spot

Interesting to see some of the pending clearances put up from today, there has been a little more movement from the top 6 sides:

Colts:

Millen and taylor could both still play
Brannan only major loss
Other quality inclusions DAVEY(port melb vfl) key position
Pitchford, former senior returning from overseas, will play Key Position
Cooper and winters former premiership players
As i said earlier confident or signing a CHF by the end of this week.

So why is ROSE getting a clearence anyway if he will noy play???

Also why is Mckerracher leaving the saints

Walking the dog around the Anglers last night, and noticed the Sunshine boys doing some work. Travvy, if your new ruckman was the guy on the bike. He is a monster.

Yeah, monster is a good description....

Looking forward to the practice matches to see how Almond goes hunting down the leather. It would be great see him put his size to good use and steamroll a bit of a path through some packs. He must have some talent to be rookie listed to the lions during one of their three pet years. I think he is 27 or 28 now.

So who do people think will be the top new players to the comp????
Don't hold back, especially you travvy.

From a Sunshine perspective, Douglas would have to be our top pick up. Proven WRFL player having two great years with Sunshine in 2006 and 2007. Won the league medal in 07 however 06 was probably the better of his two years. Had a year up bush last year and has been a regular attendee to our pre season so far (including pre christmas!!).

Rose- As quinn said, probably wont play with us this year, but i guess you can never say never (??!!??).

Almond- massive potential here. None of us have seen him play a match so as said above, time will tell.

Powell & Murphy- both have hardly missed a beat so far this pre season. Great additions.

I hope that helps Mr Clarke.

From a Sunshine perspective, Douglas would have to be our top pick up. Proven WRFL player having two great years with Sunshine in 2006 and 2007. Won the league medal in 07 however 06 was probably the better of his two years. Had a year up bush last year and has been a regular attendee to our pre season so far (including pre christmas!!).

Rose- As quinn said, probably wont play with us this year, but i guess you can never say never (??!!??).

Almond- massive potential here. None of us have seen him play a match so as said above, time will tell.

Powell & Murphy- both have hardly missed a beat so far this pre season. Great additions.

I hope that helps Mr Clarke.

Sounds wonderful, if only the rest of your blokes had some heart:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last wednesday we had a handball match in a small area about the lenght of our centre square with 15 a side in a very physical contest and very contigested game Young Johnny Tedesco was one of the best players he was hard at the contest and good in traffic and Josh put his body on the line also. Clarkey's not saying they'll set the comp on fire but they will play seniors during the year in a good Colts side and be up to the standard.

i wonder where coach ellis got that drill from..........????..copyright maybe........

josh is hard at it and will be a good pick up.........

good to see josh and johnny go to a strong wrfl club once the season proper starts will tell the picture of where they are at......

Orchard was very lucky like Richard Hadley was for Brisbane Lions, i thought the bloke that got dropped was stiff was it Knight also thought the other young forward went well all year played in the prelim forget his name think its Pope.
Guess well find out about Orchard this year will youth get pushed thru the middle to replace Harris or is there senior blokes that will fill his spot

Nah, Knight played right through and Pope was dropped earlier. I thought Orchard justified his selection in the final against St Albans. He ignited a bit of a charge from Spotty at one stage. Basically kicked a goal from a 'nothing' play and then kicked another. Two goals from a small forward is the return you would expect. He was also handy with his leading that opened up the forward line. Was quiet in the big one but showed maturity in the dying moments not to panic with the pill. A bit of luck may have got him there but he did well not to be overawed by the whole thing.

Who gets pushed through the guts will depend on the recruits. Not sure what's happening on that front but hear that they have scored a couple who'll be alright for them. That aside, perhaps Pope can be given a run in the guts, fitness permitting.

yeh very lucky he got fit and found form at the right time think he kicked 6 last round then another 6 against port in second semi then promoted to seniors kicked 2 in prelim, probably hard not to play him;

yeh will find out bit more about him and alot of others this year
but id be happy 2 games and a premiership medal

Any thoughts on the article by Steven Milne that the two leagues (WRFL and EDFL) are considering getting a bushfire fundraiser interleague game going?

Reckon the players would be keen to play in it?

Spotty:
In: Montebello, Theodore
Out:Ergunen, Beasley, Harris, Keenan, Isbister, Sablich, McGhie, Patak, Simpson

Colts:

St. Albans:
In: Jenkins(full year)
Out: Bakoulas, Hollow, Scott(Is that the ruckman or a junior player?), McKerrecher

Albion:
In: Bonnici, Micklethwait, Munro, Bloomfield, Philpot
Out: Zerafa, Vimpany

Hoppers:
In: Chamberlain, Beasley, Mitchell, West
Out: Becker, Burke, Leatch

Sunshine:
In: Douglas, Murphy, Powell, Almond, Rose(Won't Play),
Out: Frost, Bright, Linton, Hill, Harrison

These are just some of the comings and goings that have been talked about, feel free to edit this post. Obviously some might not get cleared. I think Albion will be the team to beat especially with the quality some of the top sides have lost.

Is the Bloomfield at Albion from Greenvale? If so, probably the pick of their recruits. About 6"5, can play ruck or forward and played a few games for Port Melb. a couple of years back.

ive been told that its shaydon bloomfield, played werribee 2s last year, pretty classy player from all reports. Your right about the other bloomfield from greenvale, was a quality ruckman for port melb vfl 2s a couple of years ago.

yeh very lucky he got fit and found form at the right time think he kicked 6 last round then another 6 against port in second semi then promoted to seniors kicked 2 in prelim, probably hard not to play him;

yeh will find out bit more about him and alot of others this year
but id be happy 2 games and a premiership medal
id retire on that note,geez i retired without getting a kick.the kid can play, im sure we will all see the best of him soon,those 12 in two rounds was no fluke take it from me look out wrfl(ROCK BE NICE TO HIM PLZ HIS STILL A KID..LOL)

Yeah, monster is a good description....

Looking forward to the practice matches to see how Almond goes hunting down the leather. It would be great see him put his size to good use and steamroll a bit of a path through some packs. He must have some talent to be rookie listed to the lions during one of their three pet years. I think he is 27 or 28 now.

What year was he supposedly on the lions rookie list? Its just that there is no record of an almond being on any brisbane list ever.... You guys say you've never seen him play, wouldnt be the first person to pull the wool over an interstate team would it.

What year was he supposedly on the lions rookie list? Its just that there is no record of an almond being on any brisbane list ever.... You guys say you've never seen him play, wouldnt be the first person to pull the wool over an interstate team would it.

I'm yet to be able to find anything on him either being on brisbane's rookie list, but surely someone involved at the kangas have seen him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back