Wfl 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s just one week then everyone will just get on with it but if it’s ongoing then I’m sorry to say that Wimmera League and VCFL rules dictate that all clubs in the Wimmera Football League must fields a reserves side.
If you didn’t have 12 players on Thursday night tell us why then you president has been lying through the local media saying that you did? You can’t blame others for forming opinion on what the president says is fact. If you calling him a liar then so be it.
Are you saying Bligh’s retirement has nothing to do at all with the current support at the club?
I never said anything about the number of players they had. I agree if its an ongoing issue then it has to be dealt with no question about it.
Bligh's retirement is for exactly what he has said its about his ongoing battle with injuries. He was told sometime ago that he wouldnt play again after his persistant thumb issues. If you play the game and continually have injuries or play with injuries then you also lose you passion for the game. Dale has indicated he wants to still be involved in the club. His wife Kate continues to play netball and he always has his young family down there. If he didn't feel supported then he would leave all together wouldn't he. I congratulate Dale on an awesome career he has been very good player for a long time which has netted him a toohey medal and a premiership medal. Good on ya Dale all the best mate for the future, shame that your career has ended prematurally. Top bloke and a top player and will be missed on the field.

Is anyone driving through from Adelaide to Melbourne this week? Found Dale Bligh's heart in the Nhill changerooms and am looking for someone to run it back.

Thought i'd give a bit of a credit to Horsham United rather than banging on about how pathetic Ararat's hierachy are.

For a team who most picked to be fighting for the spoon with dimmy have really stuck to it to a few teams, young side who must be being well guided deserve a few pats on the back. Big game this weekend against Nhill will show both sides where there at. Tigers played poorly on the weekend from all reports against the no'heart Rats.

Dee's still looking Gold plated in '09.

12 players? We didn't have that many. And the number we had (significantly lower than 12) included 3 guys who ahven't played this year, one who hasn't played for 10 years and one who hasn't played for roughly 20. Hopefully, its just a short-term problem we can fix, but our juniors moving away for work and uni commitments are causing players shortages. Heard a rumour the Eagles didn't field a U/17 on the weekend-anyone know if their is any truth?

And Stawell merging-where did they get the Warriors moniker from?

Spot on there Tex about Eagles i think they have pulled the pin for the season?someone might quote me on that, also heard that a team west of Ararat have plenty of juniors on their list(Moyston)hope they hav'nt got kids missing out on a game and other teams are fofeiting can anyone confirm if this is true:thumbsu:

Is anyone driving through from Adelaide to Melbourne this week? Found Dale Bligh's heart in the Nhill changerooms and am looking for someone to run it back.

Thought i'd give a bit of a credit to Horsham United rather than banging on about how pathetic Ararat's hierachy are.

For a team who most picked to be fighting for the spoon with dimmy have really stuck to it to a few teams, young side who must be being well guided deserve a few pats on the back. Big game this weekend against Nhill will show both sides where there at. Tigers played poorly on the weekend from all reports against the no'heart Rats.

Dee's still looking Gold plated in '09.

What a disgusting comment you made on Dale Bligh.We all know who is pathetic do us all a favour and stand in front of a semi on the Western Highway.You have got the right name:thumbsdown:and by the way stay off this site if you are going to write that sort of rubbish:thumbsdown:

It has been a well known fact for decades that the Rodents dont like to travel beyond Horsham (and even struggle with that distance) hence the fact they are playing in the wrong league. On top of the fact the rats nest is not strong enough to have players committed (most will only play at the home nest or for money) hence no loyalty or strong sence of pride and history. They need to be in a leage that is geographically favourable to them like the Lexton Plains or Mininera (but they will still whinge about a drive to Rokewood, or Hawkesdale. Maybe the Ballarat or Maryborough Castlemaine Leagues where they can go head to head with Nth Ballarat City or Sebas or Trentham and Campbells Creek for their wooden spoons.

Or best of all they can form their own leage with the Ararat Eagles and just play each other each week, take turns in forfiets and have no one rock up to training. Should suit them both and all other clubs and leagues will be much better off.

Young blokes leaving town for work & uni is crap and not an excuse. It happens all over the state and has been for years. The club obvoiusly is not strong enough to retain or draw back players. Horsham is futher away from Melb & Ballarat than the rats nest yet is able to field three major league teams and basically fill 80% of the district teams and that is because it is enjoyable to play footy in the Wimmera and all clubs strive to have a great club to make it happen each week win or no win.

See you later Rats!!

Don’t get too excited about the rats falling over Nardoo as they may take the rest of us with them. If the Wimmera League loses a team it will only have eight which is not enough for major league status. It’s then at the discretion of the VCFL as to weather the league can keep it’s status. This happened in the North Central League because of it’s remoteness but would probably not happen for the WFL. If it did lose it’s status how much harder would it be for teams to recruit when they are not in the premier league?
Careful what you wish for Nardoo, you just might get it.

Spot on Fancy, Nardoo stop writing dribble its showing your true character. Spot on earlier Tex with ya comment on the warriors formerly known as the redlegs. In general its sad to see any club struggle but like they always do they will pull through they have to much promise elsewhere in the club than the reserves. Wasn't there gonna be some big review made (maybe fancy pants you might know) in regards to the viabilty of the leagues in regards to wimmera, mallee and horsham and district by the VCFL or did i imagine that?? I heard that rumour about 2 years ago i reckon

Warrack Eagles v Bye View
Ararat v Dimboola Alexandra Oval, Ar...
Stawell v Horsham Saints Central Park
Nhill & District Sporting v Horsham United Davis Park
Horsham v Minyip Murtoa Horsham City Oval

I’m going for Warrack to get up over the bys and claim the four points. The Rodents will get up over Dimboola and with a bit of luck field all teams. The Saints will smash Stawell by at least 10 goals but perhaps many more. Nhill to good for United and in the upset of the season the Kookoos will win a low scoring game over the Evil Empire
Nhill vs. United should be played at City Oval i think...

Warrack Eagles v Bye View
Ararat v Dimboola Alexandra Oval, Ar...
Stawell v Horsham Saints Central Park
Nhill & District Sporting v Horsham United Davis Park
Horsham v Minyip Murtoa Horsham City Oval

I’m going for Warrack to get up over the bys and claim the four points. The Rodents will get up over Dimboola and with a bit of luck field all teams. The Saints will smash Stawell by at least 10 goals but perhaps many more. Nhill to good for United and in the upset of the season the Kookoos will win a low scoring game over the Evil Empire

Are you seriously tipping MM to beat Horsham or is this your one roughy for the round? For me I'm not prepared to tip against the Evil Empire just yet. Ararat and Saints to win. Hope the Nhill V United match is as good as their last encounter, but agree with you I do, Nhill to win this time round.

If it’s just one week then everyone will just get on with it but if it’s ongoing then I’m sorry to say that Wimmera League and VCFL rules dictate that all clubs in the Wimmera Football League must fields a reserves side.
If you didn’t have 12 players on Thursday night tell us why then you president has been lying through the local media saying that you did? You can’t blame others for forming opinion on what the president says is fact. If you calling him a liar then so be it.
Are you saying Bligh’s retirement has nothing to do at all with the current support at the club?
Murray Jensen came out on tv last night and said that he wanted reserves scraped alltogether!!!!!!!! What does wimmera people think? Dont think it would get much support in most other leagues would it?

Murray Jensen came out on tv last night and said that he wanted reserves scraped alltogether!!!!!!!! What does wimmera people think? Dont think it would get much support in most other leagues would it?
I saw that too-was an 'interesting' comment. Don't like the idea at all. Can't see how any district clubs would like it either-I'd sus[pect the Eagles would be quietly fuming behind closed doors at the insinuation that their firsts are no better than WFL reserves.

Ooohhh Murray Murray Murray best to keep ya mouth shut old son, comes out with some funny things sometimes

I saw that too-was an 'interesting' comment. Don't like the idea at all. Can't see how any district clubs would like it either-I'd sus[pect the Eagles would be quietly fuming behind closed doors at the insinuation that their firsts are no better than WFL reserves.

Was that the Ararat Eagles or Warrak Eagles you are talking about?if it was the Ararat Eagles please quote me someone if i am wrong but i dont think A.Eagles have forfeited a sen. or res. game this year.If so Mr.Jenson i think if i was in your shoes i would be very worried what you fella's are doing and stop blaming every one else.P.S.Thats if he said that because i did not see the news:thumbsu:

It has been a well known fact for decades that the Rodents dont like to travel beyond Horsham (and even struggle with that distance) hence the fact they are playing in the wrong league. On top of the fact the rats nest is not strong enough to have players committed (most will only play at the home nest or for money) hence no loyalty or strong sence of pride and history. They need to be in a leage that is geographically favourable to them like the Lexton Plains or Mininera (but they will still whinge about a drive to Rokewood, or Hawkesdale. Maybe the Ballarat or Maryborough Castlemaine Leagues where they can go head to head with Nth Ballarat City or Sebas or Trentham and Campbells Creek for their wooden spoons.

Or best of all they can form their own leage with the Ararat Eagles and just play each other each week, take turns in forfiets and have no one rock up to training. Should suit them both and all other clubs and leagues will be much better off.

Young blokes leaving town for work & uni is crap and not an excuse. It happens all over the state and has been for years. The club obvoiusly is not strong enough to retain or draw back players. Horsham is futher away from Melb & Ballarat than the rats nest yet is able to field three major league teams and basically fill 80% of the district teams and that is because it is enjoyable to play footy in the Wimmera and all clubs strive to have a great club to make it happen each week win or no win.

See you later Rats!!

You mention the word decades,last decade 4 senior grand final 2 flags,reserves 4 flags,U/17s flag after flag.to me that sound like pretty good success.
Apart from horsham demons ararat would be the next successful club in the league.
4 toohey medalists,....the list goes on....
You clowns that have a dig at a bloke thats given his heart and sole to the club for the past 10 years ,oh and won a toohey, oh and won a flag off his own boot..
Nardoo and Animal you are both pathetic,jealous,and have no idea about the game .
keep hiding behind your computer you pair of nuff nuffs..
Beton5-paul dalziel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mention the word decades,last decade 4 senior grand final 2 flags,reserves 4 flags,U/17s flag after flag.to me that sound like pretty good success.
Apart from horsham demons ararat would be the next successful club in the league.
4 toohey medalists,....the list goes on....
You clowns that have a dig at a bloke thats given his heart and sole to the club for the past 10 years ,oh and won a toohey, oh and won a flag off his own boot..
Nardoo and Animal you are both pathetic,jealous,and have no idea about the game .
keep hiding behind your computer you pair of nuff nuffs..
Beton5-paul dalziel
Good one budgy forgot to mention the all conquering netballers as well how many grand finals have they played in the last 20 years. Deebs has also represented the Big W as well as his long list of achievements

Hey Paul. Do you think there will be a call to arms at Ararat after last week and all the stick Jensen has taken? Would be great to see the club come and really have a crack. Obviously the Stawell guys are taking great delight in putting the boot in but what are the chances of them getting some curry back on the field come Rd 12 on the 4th of July?
I think we're playing on the 5th unfortunately-Sunday footy is shithouse. Hopefully we can put up a good fight in th two's and the ones can knock Stawell off.

Did you have your window down? You can smell it from the road.
Might want to clean that car out FP. Honestly, the worst ground for mud I've played on in the WFL was Anzac Park-but that was the cricket pitches, so thats expected. Also City Oval was rubbish last year-I missed our game there the other week. Luckily, none of the grounds are as bad as Smythesdale-played in snow and knee-deep mud there. Bluestone gravel all through the ground too. :(

In the mud, even better.
Would not have thought it was a mud pit. City oval and Central park were both mud pits after the rain which is expected. I dont think you can smell it either as I gopast it everyday no funky smells are coming through the window

Ooohhh Murray Murray Murray best to keep ya mouth shut old son, comes out with some funny things sometimes
Murray, what the hell have you been smoking!!!
I thought i told you about making stupid statements. I would think that you are not going to be the best received president when you attend away games from now on. You are self serving and detremental to the development of the league. Surely Ararat committee and players could not be happy with his statements. I think it might be time for you to have a spell. Dale Bligh for Rats President

http://www.mailtimes.com.au/news/local/sport/afl/david-jones-chosen/1551894.aspx

Good on David JONES, well done.

Patty O'Meara, give it up son.

Great work johnsy,should bring some good publicity for the league and horsham,by memory johnsy did the same thing in darwin in 98/99 2 flags at the tahs since early 80,s ive never been so drunk in my life, one of the most respected blokes up there.
i must admit hes a desent bloke outside footy,good SOCIAL lifealways looks after the younger boys in the side.,anyone that bags him really must only be jealous of whAT he has achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back