Wfl 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that Jackson Oneil punched the ball forward (away from the goals) and a United player then punched/kicked the ball back through for a behind. If you read the rules this was to United's advantage and should be called a no score. Wills was the umpire who made the call. Was icing on the cake for a terrible display of umpiring.

law 12.5.2 Football touched in Transit
A Behind shall still be recorded under Law 12.5.1 if
the football is touched in transit by another Player,
provided the field Umpire is satisfied that the
scoring of the Behind was not assisted by a Player
from the same Team.

Look for an apology from O'Meara in the MT tomorrow after Minyip Murtoa decided to take no action over the so called Kelm-Frost incident.
O'Meara put both Kelm and umpire Cox in the gun in Wednesdays rag despite not being present at game on Saturday. Pretty shoddy journalism.

The problem with this article is that there is no incident. M/M have no problem, the umpires have no problem, Frost has no problem and Kelm's name has been dragged thorugh the mud.

Yes there was a nasty incident in the reserves a few weeks ago and the Saints have dealt with that but lets remember that football is a contact sports and during every game there are little scuffles. Do you want an investigation everytime someone gets a blood nose??

My understanding is that Jackson Oneil punched the ball forward (away from the goals) and a United player then punched/kicked the ball back through for a behind. If you read the rules this was to United's advantage and should be called a no score. Wills was the umpire who made the call. Was icing on the cake for a terrible display of umpiring.

Absolutely 100% wrong there mate, obviously u had ur eyes shut. Wills paid the free kick at the 50, Drake paid the point.

Cox has finally said something in the paper, could have been sorted earlier had he done it earlier.

The problem with this article is that there is no incident. M/M have no problem, the umpires have no problem, Frost has no problem and Kelm's name has been dragged thorugh the mud.

Yes there was a nasty incident in the reserves a few weeks ago and the Saints have dealt with that but lets remember that football is a contact sports and during every game there are little scuffles. Do you want an investigation everytime someone gets a blood nose??

"Kelms name dragged through the mud", after Kelm lied several years back to try and get Luke Carr suspended on eve of finals I would not think it was such a clean name.

I did not say Kelmy was a clean skin. He has been a WFL 'gun' player for 10 years and has attracted plenty of attention, good and bad but the facts are there was no incident.

"Kelms name dragged through the mud", after Kelm lied several years back to try and get Luke Carr suspended on eve of finals I would not think it was such a clean name.
Come on Slenko, Carr smashed Jason Weir with a King Hit and got off.
Weir had a fair bit of damage to his mouth and was knocked out cold. He then had to miss a couple of weeks off work. Fair call for any team mate to try and seak justice. It's a big call to lable Kelmy a liar when he was only meters from the incident.
And just remember that Carr's name wasn't mentioned on the back of the paper, until after an investigation was called.

Come on Slenko, Carr smashed Jason Weir with a King Hit and got off.
Weir had a fair bit of damage to his mouth and was knocked out cold. He then had to miss a couple of weeks off work. Fair call for any team mate to try and seak justice. It's a big call to lable Kelmy a liar when he was only meters from the incident.
And just remember that Carr's name wasn't mentioned on the back of the paper, until after an investigation was called.

Kelm was no where near the incident and did not see a thing. Regardless of what happened in the incident Kelm lied that he saw the incident and Horsham had video evidence to back this up but it never saw the light of day as the case was thrown out.

Don't forget Carr never denied hitting Weir it was why he hit him that was at question.

That’s the real question though Slenko. Did Weiry grab him by the goolies or not?
That incident has been investigated and has got nothing to do with this year, get over it. I'm sure Kelm and Carr are over it and only want to concentrate on this season. My tip is Horsham Saints and Horsham in G.F. and Horsham to go all the way undefeated!

Grand final will be a Stawell this year although the ‘official decision’ will not be made until finals start and there has been a chance for clubs to comment and for there to be a bit of media speculation. Looks like the district league will use the City Oval more then the WFL.
If there are 2 Horsham side in the GF - Saint & Demons, surely they wont make everyone drive up the highway like last year. Conspirecy theorist would be suggesting this might be due to fuel company's being sponsors of the league:eek:.
If both Saints & Demons get through, play the bloody game at City oval, where the GF should be played every year.:mad:

Last i checked it was the Wimmera FL not Horsham FL. Why not play at Coghlan Park? The City Oval is over used and normally buggered by the end of the season. The GF should be rotated through the league as is happening now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t say it doesn’t matter. Weiry is a school teacher of young children. What he was accused of doing is something that has changed the way people view him in his own community. If the Horsham players were in any way lying then even after all this time there still may be ramifications. A mans name has been slandered and a premiership has been won that would seem tainted.
If Weiry is the one who is lying then it would amaze me if anybody would want him playing with them.

FP

Hard to prove either side. Only 2 persons know the answer and their stories differ. One can only judge based on what they know of the two guys. Is one an antagonist? Is one a thug? Make your own mind up.

What is a fact is that Kelm lied and there is proof to such.

Last i checked it was the Wimmera FL not Horsham FL. Why not play at Coghlan Park? The City Oval is over used and normally buggered by the end of the season. The GF should be rotated through the league as is happening now.

Dodgey

It is called marketing. Take your product to the people not make the people come to your product.

It makes sense to play in Horsham but is Coughlin Park really up to the punters expectations? No grand stand, dirt floor all the way around, low lying areas that fill with water.

Video proof that Kelm was located to the diagonal of where he stated he was in his evidence. There was also audio evidence that placed him in front of the Saints coaches box with his attention in that direction.
isnt the Carr, Kelm, Weir thing a little bit old news. Happened 2 years ago i think.

isnt the Carr, Kelm, Weir thing a little bit old news. Happened 2 years ago i think.

Agree totally with with you there Mrs Mac. But with Horsham dominating by over 10 goals each & every week and should go on to win the GF undefeated, the whingers need something to pull em up on!

Agree totally with with you there Mrs Mac. But with Horsham dominating by over 10 goals each & every week and should go on to win the GF undefeated, the whingers need something to pull em up on!

Is it possible that stawell and the burras will push the very expensive tigers unit out of the finals???

Heard that hargreaves hurt his left hamstring on saturday? Looks like it could be all unravelling in tigerland

I agree, Coughlin Park is the worst spectator ground in the League.
I agree. Carp Park is no good for finals footy.... It's a real shame that it is the most used facility in the town for footy..WFL / HDFL / Junior carnivals, Interschool Footy, Rebels and interleague training.
Just a shame that we get back to the old conversation about funding for these facilities. Especially when there is big talk of a massive complex to host table tennis.:thumbsdown:

I'll have a go at the Toohey. Being a Nhill supporter my biased opinion leans towards Chris Ladhams. He's played great games in the games the Tigers have one, and stands out to everyone. Kicks goals as well, which is a big bonus. Only thing that will hinder his chance is that the umpires and supporters still get him and his brother Andy confused. As far as league wide i'd say it'll come from one of the following:

Horsham Saints - Pat Knott or Phil Butsch - Both been in the top 3 for their side 8 and 7 times respectively, all in games the saints have won. Butsch with three best ons and Knott 2. Maybe throw in Harry Denson, who has been in the best 2 6 times.

But my tip has to go to the burras John Delahunty, with 7 times in the top three, where he may poll votes, and 4 best ons, he has to ba a chance. Only thing that will stop him is if they have been beaten convincingly in the games he has played well.

law 12.5.2 Football touched in Transit
A Behind shall still be recorded under Law 12.5.1 if
the football is touched in transit by another Player,
provided the field Umpire is satisfied that the
scoring of the Behind was not assisted by a Player
from the same Team.

Sorry to rehatch old news guys but i only get on this site sporadically and wanted to voice my opinion/concern regarding this incident.

The problem with this situation (and it's not only this incident or wimmera football, its a lot of rules and at all levels) is that there is so much grey area in regard to rules these days. So much is up to the intrpretation of umpires that one umpires interpretation can be totally different to another umpires. Traditional rules left little room for interpretation, it was either a push in the back or it wasn't, too high or not. So many rules are so fickle and unclear that it would be a really tough job remembering them all as an umpire. I acknowledge that umpires are having too big an impact these days, but thats the direction they get.

As a Nhill supported, the best two umpired games we have had this year have been when NCFL and KNTFL umpires have come over. They let the game go more and let it be played like it was meant to be, LIKE MEN!!!

I don't think anyone from Saints will win as too many of them take the votes. Kelm is sure to get a few. Al McKinnon must be in the mix, might not get many 3's but will poll in every game.
Wasn't it you FP that said Hotker only got a few votes the year he kicked 150? That counts Kelm out. Knott is a smart ass, so that could go against him. Butsch is the guy that came into the league with the big profile, which obviously the umpire knew of. He has played some rippers early on but being played more on the flanks rather than in the middle over last month or so, which may hurt his chances.
If Dimmy were able to win more games, I think McKinnon would be a top 3, just dont reckon they win enough.
I'm going with Muddy Anson to tie with Shrek Arnell.

Wasn't it you FP that said Hotker only got a few votes the year he kicked 150? That counts Kelm out. Knott is a smart ass, so that could go against him. Butsch is the guy that came into the league with the big profile, which obviously the umpire knew of. He has played some rippers early on but being played more on the flanks rather than in the middle over last month or so, which may hurt his chances.
If Dimmy were able to win more games, I think McKinnon would be a top 3, just dont reckon they win enough.
I'm going with Muddy Anson to tie with Shrek Arnell.

Have not seen a lot of WFL games this year, but the games I have seen Horsham, Shrek would have to be a big chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back