What a disgrace AFL & Channel 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussie_Roo

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2000
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Last night in Sydney, the WC v Carlton game was not shown on FTA TV. It was advertised as starting at 7.30 on the AFL website, and at 8.30 in the Daily Telegraph.

What an absolute disgrace.

Oh yeah, and I live in Western Sydney.

Channel 10 ran it on One last night in Sydney instead of the main channel, sorry you missed it.
Would be interested to know if they advertised that it would on 1HD they have not had any football on there since they lost the rights,I think the original poster is right they could,nt give a stuff.

Would be interested to know if they advertised that it would on 1HD they have not had any football on there since they lost the rights,I think the original poster is right they could,nt give a stuff.
I must admit I'm not sure if they did advertise it that way or not, I knew they had said they'd be showing it and when it wasn't on Ten I just flicked over to One to see if it was on there.

Did the same thing for the Geelong/Hawthorn final on the fri night.

All season (if you search the second pages where Foxtel like to hide things they dont want to rate, or might compete with NRL) you could watch the Fri night game...then finals come around and you cant watch it at all. I believe it finally came on at 11-11.30pm.

Did the same thing for the Geelong/Hawthorn final on the fri night.

All season (if you search the second pages where Foxtel like to hide things they dont want to rate, or might compete with NRL) you could watch the Fri night game...then finals come around and you cant watch it at all. I believe it finally came on at 11-11.30pm.

It was on 7Mate.

I must admit I'm not sure if they did advertise it that way or not, I knew they had said they'd be showing it and when it wasn't on Ten I just flicked over to One to see if it was on there.

It was advertised in the paper, and on the AFL website on FTA TV. I don't tend to watch Channel 10 that much, so I'm not sure if it was advertised there.

It was on OneHD but sadly they didn't promote that fact or put it in all the TV Guides in time. Should have made the decision earlier and promoted it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy spent the whole evening barracking for Carlton and telling the viewers what a superstar Chris Judd was, even though Juddy was one of the worst players on the ground.

This!!!! OP you didn't miss much I nearly punched the wall listening to Darcy and then Quarters squeal whenever Carlton kicked a goal. Ruined a really good game.

You can not blame channel 10 for not showing it on FTA. They would of taken a massive ratings hit upgainst the rugby league finals and then the rugby world cup (Wallabies vs Ireland).

TV stations are not charities. They need to make money via good tv ratings.

It was advertised in the paper, and on the AFL website on FTA TV. I don't tend to watch Channel 10 that much, so I'm not sure if it was advertised there.
I saw an ad for the live 1 HD coverage on 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

What a disgrace AFL & Channel 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back