What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

The poison decks are easiest to set up, IMO. The problem is taking down the stage 2 bosses with them; if you can get them, stage 3 is frequently a breeze.

I keep getting ****ed on stage 3 bosses with the silent. I get shivs, I get the snail priest. I go power heavy, I get awakened one. I go poison, I get donut bros; that's the easiest one, but it's still a close thing. It's ****ed.
act three has always been a nightmare, the boss you get usually tries to counter your deck

Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Loving it a lot. I never knew much about it before or thought that I’d like it, but then I found out more and more about it and I started to warm to it, so I got it while it was like $6.

It holds up pretty well for a 2014 game and I love the story and atmosphere. It reminds me of the classic PS2 era and is just a really good FPS.

I’m surprised and disappointed this series isn’t more popular than it is.

Finished a bunch of games so freed up heaps of space on the Series X and saw Evil West was on Gamepass. I said I wasn't to interested in the BF dedicated thread for it but 5 levels in and I am surprisingly enjoying it. This is a leave your brains at the door game. If you've had a rough day, not up to any sort of strategy thinking and just need to go ultra violent in destroying monsters in multiple gory kills then this is the game for it.

Story has taken ideas from Blade, John Carpenters Vampires and a bit of Dusk till Dawn and mashed them altogether in an old west Red Dead type setting. Lots of swearing, reasonable characters and I'm guessing some high level government conspiracy.

It's a linear game not much to explore (though do look around for $$ chests, they come in handy) environments/landscape looks fantastic (though only 6 levels in) but the combat whilst simple is really addictive, there are many ways to brutalize a vampire and it doesn't hold back on the gore.

I wouldn't pay full price for the game, replay wise it will get repetitive but if you cant get cheap or on gamepass its a fun little time burner

Phantom Liberty
BG3, until I get frustrated with it and go off it for a week or two.
Slay the Spire, until I uninstall it for like the 10th time because I got ****ed on card draw on Ascension 16 on the last turn against the heart.

Waiting very impatiently for Shadow of the Erdtree, contemplating getting Dragon's Dogma 2, Diablo 4 or the Diablo 2 remake. Any old school Diablo fans out there for a person who's only played maybe two hours of Diablo 3 who'd like to sell me on either?
I found Diablo 4 super tedious and repetitive. It is just doing the same thing over, and over, and over again with slightly shinier objects every 5 mins. All the enemies just blend together, same spells over and over again. Story was ok. Its pick up to drop off rate was really high.

It's like 3 days till SOTE.... Almost their :clapping:. I'm going through tidying up things from my NG+ run in preperation.

Tetris '99

I've been using my Nintendo Switch a lot more in recent weeks (replaying titles like Dark Souls Remastered, Super Mario 3D All-Stars, Super Smash Bros). It led me to buying some Nintendo currency to re-subscribe to the Nintendo Switch Online.... and what have I been playing ever since ? Tetris 99 lol. Took a bit to get back into the habit and recapture my old form.. but I'm doing fairly well (and once again handling the situation of being 1-2 lines from game over, with effortless skill!).

Top Spin 2K25

More money than brains, but I felt like checking it out.... probably should have done the demo weekend the other week ? I like it, but the learning curve will probably see me shelving it. I can do serves with the power meter easily, but moving around for the shot, then doing the shot meter accurately.... doesn't compute very well with me. I nail some shots, bomb out with others. Ahh I wish I could just use an arcade mode control scheme lol.

The graphics aren't top notch, but I don't feel as though they are as bad as people have been saying.

GTA V Online

Recently made it to the $12 million mark. Been going a bit crazy (down to $7.5 million now) buying some cars, including some cars I already own... just in a different colour haha. A new scrapyard business. Still mucking around doing Agency missions, and getting stock for my warehouses (in preparation for any 2x/3x warehouse mission weeks).

WWE 2K23

While I haven't been playing it much recently, still been doing AI simulation matches (lots of Royal Rumbles). But this week I've gone back to playing it from time to time, updated my roster of champions (eg: today I made Brock Lesnar Hardcore Champion dethroning Cactus Jack).

Smashing the shit out of Balatro mopping up some achievements and doing runs with new decks and trying to unlock everything. Game is littered with unlockables. So addictive.

MK 11

Old habits die hard, I have started to play the towers of time mode on xbox, playstation and pc at the same time :p

Gta v online

So after my 12 million dollar haul, I managed to spend 7 million of it... but I'm almost back up to 8 million.

FC 24

Running Melbourne Victory vs Sydney FC AI v AI battles. Results have varied wildly - sometimes close, sometimes thrashings, sometimes it's a red card-athon.

Played a bit of Still wakes the deep, anyone else given it a go? Its on gamepass, and I’ve quite enjoyed it so far, if anyone likes horror games like amnesia or alien isolation I say give it a go.

revisiting evil within having played evil within 2 recently.

1st one is more creepier and the bosses are iconic. there's a couple of nice buddy-play moments with the npc's. unfortunately some turret moments. 2nd is a much more even game but fumbles a few of the boss characters. they knew the bosses were iconic in the original game so rehashed them, badly. crafting also more rounded.
either way would do unpleasant things to play a 3rd instalment.

Currently obsessed with International Cricket Captain 2024. Ive been simming most games and just managing the roster. Coaching, contracts, youth development etc. Great time waster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played a bit of Still wakes the deep, anyone else given it a go? Its on gamepass, and I’ve quite enjoyed it so far, if anyone likes horror games like amnesia or alien isolation I say give it a go.
Saw a clip of it and want to play it. From what I've seen I'm glad they actually got some Scots to do the voice work instead of Americans trying to put an accent on. So I'll definitely grab this at some point.

Wasn't sure the best thread for this, so thought I'd post it here.

A couple of weeks ago some Meta Quest sports games videos popped up on my Youtube. I thought they looked loads of fun so bought a Quest 2 on a whim. I haven't done VR before so thought the Quest 2 at $360 seemed a safer purchase than a more expensive Quest 3 that might collect dust if I didn't get into it.

I could not have been happier with my purchase. The only two games I've played are Eleven Table Tennis and IB Cricket. They are so immersive and are literally what I've always dreamed gaming could be. Even if they're fairly limited featured as far as games go, the gameplay itself seems like it will have so much longevity for me.

Eleven Table Tennis's ball physics feel just about as right as you could get in a video game. Online is great fun, it has really well implemented system to deal with ping.

IB Cricket is so satisfying to play. Even if I'm not very good, its rewarding to play nice shots in a way that I've never experienced in a cricket game before.

I've been playing at least 1.5 hours a day, with no sign of stopping anytime soon. Other games on my wishlist are Golf+, The Racket Club and Walkabout Minigolf. Not sure if I'll get into any non-sport games at all on it. The graphics are fairly poor on the Quest 2, so I think its only super immersive sports games that I'm interested in using it for.

Wasn't sure the best thread for this, so thought I'd post it here.

A couple of weeks ago some Meta Quest sports games videos popped up on my Youtube. I thought they looked loads of fun so bought a Quest 2 on a whim. I haven't done VR before so thought the Quest 2 at $360 seemed a safer purchase than a more expensive Quest 3 that might collect dust if I didn't get into it.

I could not have been happier with my purchase. The only two games I've played are Eleven Table Tennis and IB Cricket. They are so immersive and are literally what I've always dreamed gaming could be. Even if they're fairly limited featured as far as games go, the gameplay itself seems like it will have so much longevity for me.

Eleven Table Tennis's ball physics feel just about as right as you could get in a video game. Online is great fun, it has really well implemented system to deal with ping.

IB Cricket is so satisfying to play. Even if I'm not very good, its rewarding to play nice shots in a way that I've never experienced in a cricket game before.

I've been playing at least 1.5 hours a day, with no sign of stopping anytime soon. Other games on my wishlist are Golf+, The Racket Club and Walkabout Minigolf. Not sure if I'll get into any non-sport games at all on it. The graphics are fairly poor on the Quest 2, so I think its only super immersive sports games that I'm interested in using it for.
VR is great isn't it? My brother owns a Quest 2 as well and I've borrowed it 2 or 3 times to give it a shot and it's great how immersive it is. My PC can't handle the best of games, let alone running one in VR, but I did play 'House of the Dying Sun' and I loved how it really felt like you were in the cockpit of a fighter jet. I'll have to look up some of those sports one's you've mentioned for the next time I'm able to borrow it (or just buy one for myself)

Have had some time in the last week to play a bit which has been good, Football FC on game pass. Graphically it is stunning, enjoy the hypermotion ,sounds and the general look is great. Playing the Euro's at present with France. For me its just cut and paste FIFA it feels the same as the last one I played I think around 21 but it just looks a lot more visually stunning.

WWE2K24 - I still think this is a fantastic game, couple of minor glitches here and there but its rock solid for mine. The 30 man guantlet elimination matches are a go to, all hell breaks loose and get to use multiple wrestlers throughout and weapons galore which is fun. Universe mode still sucks, repeat matches and feuds. Have zero interest in the card game style mode.

Purchased myself a pandora box arcade plug and play via Ebay, was only around $130 bucks and cheaper alternative to buying a arcade machine. Have set it up out the shed just with a desktop screen and some bar stools. Feels good, the lights on the board are great and the sound through the board gives you that traditional arcade feel. Had a few games of MK, NBA Jam, Street Fighter, WWF Wrestlemania and GTA 2 which I forgot existed but so many memories flooded back from the top down view! Clearly with those arcade set ups it has a ton of repeat and hack games which can be annoying but the main reason why I got it in the first place was to have a few beers when people are over and have a go at NBA Jam, Street Fighter and MK. Interested to give the old Teenage Ninja Turtles and X-Men games a run as they were a childhood favourited of mine.

NHL 24.

As someone who's only ever had a passing interest in ice hockey, finding this one very challenging.

Started a season with Edmonton - got walloped in the first game against the Canucks, managed to eek out a 2-1 win in the second game though.

Scoring is bloody difficult (like in real life). Got to say, it seems a very polished game.

NHL 24.

As someone who's only ever had a passing interest in ice hockey, finding this one very challenging.

Started a season with Edmonton - got walloped in the first game against the Canucks, managed to eek out a 2-1 win in the second game though.

Scoring is bloody difficult (like in real life). Got to say, it seems a very polished game.
NHL 95 would be up there with one of favourite games of all time... Still comes up in discussions with old mates about the battles we had.

Haven't had much time lately but when I do I've been playing a bit of Selaco Early Access and Boltgun.

As someone who grew up with and considers Doom and Quake two of the greatest games of all time, I'm loving the boomer shooter revival. The fact Selaco runs on a (heavily modified) Doom engine just blows my my mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back