What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Battle of Hastings where the Normans lost.

The tearing up of Magna Carta.

The Normandy invasion using row boats as landing barges.

William Tell without the apple.

Also Known as

Robin Hood

Starring an elderly Russell Crowe

I don't know if many of you blokes would be into it, but Tangle. Just watched the two seasons in 4 days, great Australian series

Anyone seen "The Big C" with Laura Linney?

A guys at work has started watching and reckons it's pretty good. He described it as Breaking Bad for nice people.

Watched 2001:A Space Odyssey last night.

COMPLETELY BLEW MY MIND.

That was before I was told it was made in 1968.

Honestly - the movie was a little boring while I was watching it, but since it finished I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. Goddamn black monoliths popping up everywhere in my dreams. The monkeys, the computer that's more human than the humans, the scene at the end after the acid trip sequence.

Sure was a better option than watching Jurassic Park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COMPLETELY BLEW MY MIND.

Honestly - the movie was a little boring while I was watching it, but since it finished I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. Goddamn black monoliths popping up everywhere in my dreams. The monkeys, the computer that's more human than the humans, the scene at the end after the acid trip sequence.

Oh Stanley Kubrick. Still remember the days when they played Clockwork Orange at Carlton moviehouse at midnight.

Right now I am watching the 'scientology' episode of South Park absolutely hilarious.

:D

COMPLETELY BLEW MY MIND.

Magnificent movie. If you get the chance, catch it at the Astor where they use the wide, wide screen.

I read a biography on Kubrick earlier this year. Strange cat. He got more and more meticulous the older he got and literally planned movies for years. He spent close to ten years researching and developing a movie on the Holocaust - I think it even entered pre-production - when Spielberg's Schindler's List came out. He simply discontinued the movie, packed everything into file boxes and stored them. His comment was along the lines that, 'he made the movie that I was going to make'. Surely no higher compliment could be paid to a fellow director.

Been working from home and therefore clearing the IQ before I head overseas.

I think it was grizz who mentioned the Lost Room, took alot of concentration.

Watched a scottish movie called 'Red Road', very intriguing.

On Saturday I will be out on the town in New York City, in preparation I just watched 'Gravesend' and now watching 'The Wackness'.

Up next is the Larry Clarke Classic 'Kids'.

Comments are appreciated

Kids has the best soundtrack of all time.

Coincidence I was listening to the soundtrack while making dinner! Might need to start a thread with best soundtacks!

Have you listened to the 'bully' soundtrack? Awesome!

Also natural born killers is another favourite.

Just had a huge movie night.

Finished the evening with:

'Johnny Mad Dog'

Absolutely haunting and disturbing. About the war in Liberia, with the use of 'child soldiers' in war. Extreme movie, brilliant acting. Reccomended.

I'm watching Sheryl Crowe crap on about life on some ABC show. Oh no, Sting is doing a duet with her. The world is a cruel, cruel place sometimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back