What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

With all the white line stuff going on thought I'd take a look at Snowfall. If you like plenty of dealing, sniffing, nudity and sex, well it's for you.

Is it a documentary about Jack Watts?

A Discovery of Witches Season 1 ends with 8 episodes and no climax. Apparently based on The All Souls Trilogy. Season 2 due next January but some suggestion it will be delayed due to Palmer's pregnancy.

All for 8-episode seasons, but would have preferred some part of the storyline completing. Good show, though, that got better as the season progressed.

Overall Bodyguard was very good though the ending was a bit hmmmmm...

Started watching Babylon Berlin. German show set in the 1920's. Only a couple of episodes in but pretty good so far.

Overall Bodyguard was very good though the ending was a bit hmmmmm...

Started watching Babylon Berlin. German show set in the 1920's. Only a couple of episodes in but pretty good so far.

Yeah, I enjoyed BB. I think it was like the most expensive European TV show ever made. The city scenes of Weimar Berlin are amazing.

Not much about at the moment. Most shows have gone into hibernation.

Came across a couple of Netflix shows.
The Protector is a Turkish language show (subtitled in English) about a magical t-shirt that protects some dude against the Immortals who are apparently bad guys. Wasn't too bad and worth a look.
Nightflyers is a re-hash of GRR Martins series of the same name and is bloody awful.
No Easy Days is a poorly directed and poorly acted White House disaster series but could have been good.
Cobra Kai could have been good but degenerated into the same us vs them shit. Ralph Macchio is still a shit actor. Really painful to watch.

The next month will be a very lean time for TV. Time to pull out the Grand Finals collection and the Three-peat box sets.

Looking forward to Aquaman. Hope it does not disappoint.

The next month will be a very lean time for TV. Time to pull out the Grand Finals collection and the Three-peat box sets.

Looking forward to Aquaman. Hope it does not disappoint.

If I'm not directly watching a match, it's on in the background for background noise while I'm cleaning up or reading :D

I do deviate from Hawthorn regular season games/finals/grand finals and have a fair few neutral team games in my collection as well (grand finals or otherwise!). It's a rare day that I don't watch football in some form (be it complete match from start to finish or a highlights video on youtube).

I may check out Aquaman when the dvd/blu-ray comes out. I'm a DC fan more than Marvel, yet the DCEU has really turned me off. And Jason Momoa doesn't entice me (think his acting is ugh inducing much like how people probably vomit at my posts :p) - aside from the scripting issues, he was one of the things I really hated about Justice League.

Finally finished rewatching season one and two of Into the Badlands so that I could watch Season three with some recollection of what had gone before

Almost completed another rewatch of Scrubs

Started the docuseries Christiane Amanpour: Sex and Love Around the World on Netflix, and finally getting into season 2 of How to Make a Murderer on Netflix as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As each day passes I get closer to 100 but more importantly as each day passes it gets closer to April. Winter is almost here.

HBO's Succession is fun. Kind of like a remake of King Lear but using a media family dynasty instead. Really enjoying it.

Perfume on Netflix is also good. A German remake/retake/revision of the Patrick Suskind book and movie into a tv series and now set in contemporary times...

If you haven't watched Roma (movie) on Netflix it's freakin' great. Loved it.

There's a few other TV series of note that have lobbed on Netflix in the last few weeks too. I'll give them a spin and post.

HBO's Succession is fun. Kind of like a remake of King Lear but using a media family dynasty instead. Really enjoying it.

Perfume on Netflix is also good. A German remake/retake/revision of the Patrick Suskind book and movie into a tv series and now set in contemporary times...

There's a few other TV series of note that have lobbed on Netflix in the last few weeks too. I'll give them a spin and post.
I might give Roma a look. It has some rave reviews but if I simply looked at the description - A story that chronicles a year in the life of a middle-class family's maid in Mexico City in the early 1970s - I could not think of anything more boring.
Good to get a positive review.

Second season of Sinner on Netflix is good. Good cast and well acted. Loses a bit of steam and becomes a little predictable towards the end but worth watching.

I see Afonso Cuaron won Best Director at Golden Globes for Roma.

For true crime lovers I can recommend the following (all available on Netflix):

Narcos - Mexico
Murder Mountain
The Innocent Man - based on a John Grisham book, his only foray into non-fiction, the American injustice system at its finest

'You' on Netflix is a lot of fun, story of a romantic psychopath, suspend belief and enjoy the ride.
'Bird Box' - I don't get the hype surrounding this film, average at best.
Sinner S2 and Sharp Objects are both very good.

True Detective Season 3 airs this Sunday.

After a brilliant first season, a beautifully shot but empty second season, I'm hoping this is a return to form.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back