What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a lot of slow and chunky lately

the pernicious enigma. my dog walking album, also in my top 10.
the first few minutes has a weird almost neo-noir, smoky detective office feel, and a towering ending that takes nearly 10 minutes.

and some miscellaneous paradise lost in the car

I recently nominated Esoteric in the song contest. Wasnt everyones cup o tea

That verse is very reminiscent of Wicked Game. Didn't know they were playing decent music on JJJ occasionally?

Love this tone and solo:

That lick at the beginning is definitely Wicked Game. Get "Cold Little Heart" overtones as well.

I do bore BF with my AJ fanboi stuff but as an 11 yo she did do a cool rendition of Wicked Game.
If you want to have a listen:

That Club Kuru effort has a very cool but somewhat plaintive vibe to it.
Was in NYC last year and necked a few in a bar near Canal Street and that song sounds very, very similar
to what they were playing in the background.

That Club Kuru effort has a very cool but somewhat plaintive vibe to it.
Was in NYC last year and necked a few in a bar near Canal Street and that song sounds very, very similar
to what they were playing in the background.

I am definitely guilty of wallowing in some moody stuff occasionally.

Listening to this is making me sad about the death of their singer Dallas Good a couple of years ago.

Doug Ingle the last surviving original member of Iron Butterfly passed away on May 24th. Ingle was the lead singer on Iron Butterfly's great 17 minute song “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida”. I remember buying it, taking it home and playing it for the first time with my little brother when my dad came in and said "What the hell is that", it took a few attempts before the got the name “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida”. He simply looked up towards the ceiling, shook his head and walked out of the room closing the door behind him. It was probably a very early incarnation of hard rock and heavy metal music. It was a platinum record and remains a great seller even today. Stereo with bass and guitar in one ear and drums in the other made it easy to learn the song and I heard many versions from start up bands in community and scout halls around the time. Watch for what passed as special effects at the time in the video.

They had a couple of lean albums IMO, but the New Abnormal is absolute top shelf. Not the Same Anymore may be my fav Strokes song.
Oh yeah, FIoE, Angles and CM are average as. Guess I was saying three banger albums and three forgettable ones is not a bad hit rate

Love Not the Same Anymore too, kinda reminds me of their older stuff slowed right down

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Back