Remove this Banner Ad

Sekaj

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 18, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
After finishing 5th in 2009, anything less than top 4 IMO would be a failure. And if you're in the top 4, you want to challenge for the premiership. I want a flag in 2010. Is that too much to expect?

can you wait untill the draw is out

with our luck we may have Geelong, St Kilda, Bulldogs, Collingwood and Hawthorn twice each. Would you expect top 4 with that draw?

FWIW, injuries this year - top 4
normal injury list - bottom 4 of top 8
injury list Geelong/Hawthorn had this year - bottom 8

anything less then a prelim appearance will be a failure.

I guess if we lose a home prelim the media will say thats a failure as well.

can you wait untill the draw is out

with our luck we may have Geelong, St Kilda, Bulldogs, Collingwood and Hawthorn twice each. Would you expect top 4 with that draw?

FWIW, injuries this year - top 4
normal injury list - bottom 4 of top 8
injury list Geelong/Hawthorn had this year - bottom 8

I doubt people are expecting to fluke a top 4 spot. If we are in the 4 best teams then we will finish there no matter who we play.

I doubt people are expecting to fluke a top 4 spot. If we are in the 4 best teams then we will finish there no matter who we play.

correct, not sure our draw could get any more harder then it was this year anyway.

Cats, Saints, Reigning premiers twice each.
Celler dwellers Freo, Melbourne and North once each.

correct, not sure our draw could get any more harder then it was this year anyway.

Cats, Saints, Reigning premiers twice each.
Celler dwellers Freo, Melbourne and North once each.

We could feasibly get Geelong, St Kilda, Collingwood, Bulldogs, Port, Hawthorn and say a rapidly improving West Coast as our 7 double up teams next year.

Best we can hope for is Essendon, Carlton, Brisbane, Bulldogs, Port, Melbourne and Richmond or something

I believe we have the cattle to push for a top 2 spot next year, I think Geelong might drop off, and unless the Bullies get a key foward, they'll always be around the 3-6 mark.

I'm expecting to push for a Top 4 spot, and to make it depending on our fixture and injury list.
Expecting a full season from Bocky, 50+ goals from Tippett, a bigger 'engine' for Dangerfield and hoping for a ferocious Walker.
Also expecting our older guys to start to really drop away next year, and for Shirley (if he's still on our list) to be pushed out by Sloane.
I'm thinking Mackay could follow in Bernard's footsteps this year and really start to breakout.

Bring it on! :thumbsu:

Top 4 with the expectation to play and win the GF ( i reckon this will also be the clubs expectation)

I don't think the hardness of the draw will be a problem to our club.
The more challenges these guys face the more they have to strive for.
A tougher draw will only make our team stronger and better prepared for finals.
(insert your own cliche here_______________)

And then there is Collingwood and their draw! go figure.

I feel the Pies were definitely favoured by their draw. It gave them that extra victory or 2 to put them in the 4. Maybe our outcome might have been different if we had their draw and ended up top 4. (of course we would also have to make the most of the opportunity)
Maybe I am a little cynical but the VFL will ensure our draw is made up fairly and just.

(fairly tough and just typical)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopes for 2010?.................To have all the young guys who got a taste this year really get stuck in next year...........plus we don't get a garbage draw.....and that means NO playing west coast/dockers last round..............TexArse.....finally declare his man- love for CMNDSTAB...when he kicks his 100'th..........Rucci streaks across AMMI......with BIGFOOTY.COM across his back in advertizing.......Tippett bags 10 in a game.......we make finals and win against the pies.....coming back from 3rd quarter -33 points down.....Eddie explodes....We end up winning flag.....Mike Rann chokes on his power Scarf

It won't surprise me to see a really tough draw again.

Injuries permitting, I see us finishing around about 4-6th again. Our youngsters improvement will be matched by the decline of our older players. Injuries permitting, we'll be in with a slim chance at the flag again, but won't be one of the favorites.
I'll be thoroughly disappointed if we finish lower than 6th, and pleasantly surprised if we crack the top 4.
Hopefully we can make it to a prelim, but we'll need everything to go right to make it any further.
I expect Tippett to finish top 5 in the Coleman race.

Hard to make many predictions at this stage though.

I believe we have the cattle to push for a top 2 spot next year, I think Geelong might drop off, and unless the Bullies get a key foward, they'll always be around the 3-6 mark.

Without doubt a good run with injuries given the young talent we have just about the best young talent in the comp top 2 for sure and flag

i dont want this feeling for a long time if ever

Can't see why they can't make the top 4, even better top 2 to secure at least 2 home finals. Then take it from there.

And on the side, Tippett signs before round 1. If he doesn't the media will go to town on it all year.

Can't see why they can't make the top 4, even better top 2 to secure at least 2 home finals. Then take it from there.

And on the side, Tippett signs before round 1. If he doesn't the media will go to town on it all year.

He'll sign over summer. If he hasn't signed by round 1, see ya later Tip... :(

But i am starting to hear a lot of murmurs of a 3 year deal being signed and that it will be announced in the next few weeks

Hope so

For 2010, a GF appearance would be nice. After finishing top 4 and winning our QF and PF, not losing a QF, then winning a SF and a PF.

Im expecting to consolidate on this years performance.
Walker to play a full season, Davis/Sloane to get quality game time. Moran to fly and take our number 1 ruck slot :thumbsu:

Anything less then this year could be a step backwards. Hopefully continual improvement and pushing top 4 if not higher.

The handover of responsibility to the younger brigade. This means playing players who are in form rather than players Craig trusts eg Burton selection. I expect Davis to take Stevens' spot, Sloane to take Shirley' if hes still around etc. Or alternatively, Mckernan could become our swing man and play wherever is neccessary.

Walker to get a full 22 and be allowed to play the game to how it suits him rather than completely sacrificing his offensive game to lay a couple of tackles.

Our rucks to develop, this means Maric and Moran to form bit of a combination. Moran to get around the ground as much as possible due to his athleticism.

Scott Thompson to kick a few more goals. He can sneak up forward if not doing so well and tear a game apart, i would like to see this more often. See richmond game 2008. Trouble is he usually does pretty well as that inside midfielder so its hard to move him.

Pressure on the older players spots, so Doughty, Shirley, Stevens (in particular). No gold passes.

I'm not talking about next year. What happens next year happens.

Such a bad loss will affect this team in two ways. We will be hungier in 2010 and be top 4, but we can also finish 7th or 8th if there is a repeat of the disaster season of 2007.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are your expectations for 2010?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back