News Farewell, and thank you for your service thread

Who will we miss the most?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

to be fair, why not hold off and try to use some in trades not just for the club but also for the person to find them a home

gollant is a good example he is excess to needs but belongs on a list somewhere

Any posters need farewelling and thanking for their services? Or would that just be mean?
I'd give Wayne the Poochie treatment.

giphy.gif

Any bets on how the Crows PR team/executive look to manage/play out this next month?

Bunker down and wait for any last lingering post-season anger to totally dissipate then get the social media people to post a few photos of Crows players in suits at awards nights?

How about over or unders of how many announcements actually will be made before Justin Reid is ‘door-stopped’ on the 1st day of trade period & leaves his usual sound bite on trade radio of “We’re just seeing where things are at” before he walks into a room at Docklands.

Any bets on how the Crows PR team/executive look to manage/play out this next month?

Bunker down and wait for any last lingering post-season anger to totally dissipate then get the social media people to post a few photos of Crows players in suits at awards nights?

How about over or unders of how many announcements actually will be made before Justin Reid is ‘door-stopped’ on the 1st day of trade period & leaves his usual sound bite on trade radio of “We’re just seeing where things are at” before he walks into a room at Docklands.
A full season of Thilthorpe and Murray will be the centrepiece of our 2025 promo

some of our strength and conditioning staff have already left. Maybe we could put their names in here now - Dodge and Wallace for example.

Together with Burgo we were a club that had few soft tissue injuries compared with teams like Carlton, Essendon, WCE etc.

We were also fit.

Our issues were more to do with structural and collision injuries and a year where we lost our dare and where our midfield and lack of quality and leadership from experienced players was exposed.

some of our strength and conditioning staff have already left. Maybe we could put their names in here now - Dodge and Wallace for example.

Together with Burgo we were a club that had few soft tissue injuries compared with teams like Carlton, Essendon, WCE etc.

We were also fit.

Our issues were more to do with structural and collision injuries and a year where we lost our dare and where our midfield and lack of quality and leadership from experienced players was exposed.
Did they chose to go?

I think they went for further opportunities but I cannot be 100% sure

Dodge I think may be going back to he old dart for work in rugby

Wallace maybe for work associated with olympics but once again could be wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton got eliminated 6 days ago and have already delisted 5 players.

Carlton got eliminated 6 days ago and have already delisted 5 players.
I think we operated this way because we dont know how many trades and free agents we are going to be able to get done - Luko, Cumming, Neal Bullen, Rosas, ruck????

If we dont get many some may survive eg Hamill, Berg, Gollant

If we get Cumming maybe Hamill goes etc.

It may also be partly that we dont want to get rid of anyone officially till after Best and Fairest.

I am sure that most of these have been told that they can explore their options.

Its a pity we have not much draft capital as this is a very deep draft.

we've never traditionally done them early have we?

Afl draft guru tracks this

Last year, our first round was on the 19th of September
2022: 15th of October
2021: 22nd of October
2020: 23rd of September (then 4th of November)

So, no, we tend to let it get buried in the lull period of the off season. I assume it's either when we've settled on whatever is happening trade/contract wise, or it is one of those things where it isn't particularly urgent to announce.

I mean, right now, I think we know who is getting delisted.

to be fair, why not hold off and try to use some in trades not just for the club but also for the person to find them a home

gollant is a good example he is excess to needs but belongs on a list somewhere

I agree that there’s zero to be gained by delisting early, but there’s also zero chance we get anything for these guys. Every other club knows the maths of our list and that even if we valued the player, we can’t actually keep them. The only value in not announcing the delisting is if expected inward trades don’t eventuate and we end up extending them instead of taking a late punt in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Farewell, and thank you for your service thread

Back