News Farewell, and thank you for your service thread

Who will we miss the most?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

some of our strength and conditioning staff have already left. Maybe we could put their names in here now - Dodge and Wallace for example.

Together with Burgo we were a club that had few soft tissue injuries compared with teams like Carlton, Essendon, WCE etc.

We were also fit.

Our issues were more to do with structural and collision injuries and a year where we lost our dare and where our midfield and lack of quality and leadership from experienced players was exposed.

Great, so you’re saying the only changes so far is in the dept that was doing a fairly decent job.

Last edited:

to be fair, why not hold off and try to use some in trades not just for the club but also for the person to find them a home

gollant is a good example he is excess to needs but belongs on a list somewhere
I think Gollant would be a good fit for either WA team.

He is the type of player both SA club brings home for depth or better opportunities.

I think we operated this way because we dont know how many trades and free agents we are going to be able to get done - Luko, Cumming, Neal Bullen, Rosas, ruck????

If we dont get many some may survive eg Hamill, Berg, Gollant

If we get Cumming maybe Hamill goes etc.

It may also be partly that we dont want to get rid of anyone officially till after Best and Fairest.

I am sure that most of these have been told that they can explore their options.

Its a pity we have not much draft capital as this is a very deep draft.

We have a first, second and third. To get more capital we’d need to trade out players with some value or have list spots to trade next year picks into this year. We have/did neither.

I think Gollant would be a good fit for either WA team.

He is the type of player both SA club brings home for depth or better opportunities.
Think it would be in his & club's best interest that he have a change of scenery.

I agree that there’s zero to be gained by delisting early, but there’s also zero chance we get anything for these guys. Every other club knows the maths of our list and that even if we valued the player, we can’t actually keep them. The only value in not announcing the delisting is if expected inward trades don’t eventuate and we end up extending them instead of taking a late punt in the draft.
probably not but you're trying for them its not just about us

So by my count we have 38 autographs for next season (including Burgess, going on FW contract info). Borlase, Keane and Toby Murray are Cat A rookies, and Gallagher is a Cat B.

There would be options to renew EH, Gollant, McHenry, Parnell and Hamill.

Personally, I would not be upset if we said thank you and farewell to all of those five. (That said, I have a soft spot for McHenry, but only because he wears the same #25 on his jumper that I have. My jumper, of course, was purchased prior to McHenry - on the day of Ben Rutten's last game. I was really hoping he would do the #25 proud, but happy to give someone else that opportunity.)

Any bets on how the Crows PR team/executive look to manage/play out this next month?

Its a safe bet they wont communicate with the coaches thats for damn sure. All signs point to our club not being great about coordinating messaging from the football department to the PR team.

Bunker down and wait for any last lingering post-season anger to totally dissipate then get the social media people to post a few photos of Crows players in suits at awards nights?

Lots of fluff pieces....

How about over or unders of how many announcements actually will be made before Justin Reid is ‘door-stopped’ on the 1st day of trade period & leaves his usual sound bite on trade radio of “We’re just seeing where things are at” before he walks into a room at Docklands.

Nailed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Farewell, and thank you for your service thread

Back