What are your plans for Grand Final Day ?

Remove this Banner Ad

The usual BBQ and beers with mates.

Go for a kick at half time and usually don't get back for an hour.

Lucky to watch 20 mins of footy for the day.

Good times!

At the game if we make it. Otherwise BBQ and the rest at mates place. Its always a very pissy day - especially in WA - most parties don't have the bbq before the game coz its a bit too early. So by the time the game is over everyone is well on the way to being smashed on an empty stomach :D

Well the Eagles have surprised me all season, so hopefully they can do it again and beat the Cats. If we make it I'll be in the coaches box working.

If not I'll be at a mates house doing the standard; beer, BBQ and watching the game.

Having our housewarming party on that day/night.

BBQ, few cartons of beer on ice and our new 60 Inch LED to back it up.
Absolutely can't wait. Highly unlikely.. but may also watching the eagles dominate too :)

I don't know.

Watch the game with my mate in Ballarat. We are both Collingwood supporters. That will be the plan if the Pies are in it since my girlfriend will want me away because she hates being around when Collingwood plays - especially in a grand final.

If it's not Collingwood then I don't think I'll care that much this season so I might not even watch the game.

BBQ, lots of mates, lots of beers while the game is going, and after it head down to the local and see where the night takes us. Unfortunately I'll be backing it up with a 15 hour work day the Sunday after GF day, hungover as balls. God bless penalty rates.

It is genuinely my favourite day of the year, closely followed by Australia Day (hottest 100 party) and Christmas eve.

Roll out of bed just before the first bounce and watch it on ESPN. I used to go to a walkabout when I first moved to London but the general level of filth is a bit hard to bear at that time on a saturday morning (about 5:30am start). Hard to get too fired up if my team aint in it. Usually expect a drunken call from my brother about halfway through which is generally the highlight.

GF day is one thing I do miss about oz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is genuinely my favourite day of the year, closely followed by Australia Day (hottest 100 party) and Christmas eve.

Good call.

I'll just be doing what I've done most years since 2005. BBQ at my parents place back in Albury, catch up with mates, pretty much an annual reunion of sorts.

If its a good day, spend half-time and most of the third quarter playing kick-to-kick, then jump in the pool. Last year's replay saw us in the pool by 3 quarter time.

Hoping for a repeat of 2008. Gorgeous weather, great game, upset over the heavy favourite.

If North ever make it I'll be at the G but pretty happy to keep chugging along with this tradition for now.

When I moved to Sydney I was shocked at how different it is up here for the NRL GF. I had expected the same as the AFL in Melbourne - you know - the place is a ghost town during the game. But up here it was just like any other day (this was before they moved it to Sunday night).

There's so much tradition surrounding GF day in Melbourne I hope they never do the play it at night thing.

My plans=

DMbeer%26stout00154.jpg

:thumbsu:

I was once invited to a wedding on grand final day, I didnt go.

gf day and christmas day are the only 2 days of the year where it is acceptable to be shitfaced by lunchtime

It'll be 9:00 pm Sept. 30th here...and the hubby and I will be watching on ESPN.

If the Hawks and/or the Eagles are there in any fashion that would be awesome.

Hoping for an amazing game.

If Carlton is in I'm at the MCG, otherwise stay at home with a slab and enjoy the best day of the year. It really is Christmas for football fans.

Prefer to stay in as I've been to pubs/BBQ's in the past and I end up smashed and miss the actual game.

Plenty of time to celebrate a Colliwobble with mates afterwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are your plans for Grand Final Day ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back