Food, Drink & Dining Out What did you cook for dinner last night?

Remove this Banner Ad

I quite enjoy cooking, however I'm a bit clueless.

buy random vegatables, rice and chicken fillets
boil rice
cut everything else up
throw all in wok, add soy sauce, cook chicken separately first
lunch and dinner done for the day.

I should take the time to learn online or something or off some foxtel show. I'd put my Italian heritage to shame if I tried Pasta, filled capsicum, breschole (spelling?), I'd even suck at cotolette.

Chicken Kiev with rice

Steak and Chips

Chicken marinated in garlic soy and BBQ sauce with vegies and chips

last few nights.

I've found with chicken everyone is so hysterical abnout raw chicken they overcook it till its rubberised. Still want it nice and juicy. Just when it is browning up take it out. Simialrly chips are better nice and browned and soft in the middle. Take at least 1/2 hour. Nothing is worse then under cooked potato.

Haven't done a spag bol in a while that may be next up.

I quite enjoy cooking, however I'm a bit clueless.

buy random vegatables, rice and chicken fillets
boil rice
cut everything else up
throw all in wok, add soy sauce, cook chicken separately first
lunch and dinner done for the day.

I should take the time to learn online or something or off some foxtel show. I'd put my Italian heritage to shame if I tried Pasta, filled capsicum, breschole (spelling?), I'd even suck at cotolette.

Vegies, rice, pasta and chicken sound good to me. Thing I reckon is to use recipies and instructions when doing something really complicated where measures and times are important or the dish is stuffed.

Otherwise just experiment with what flavours work and what tastes good.

Stir fires I've never been much good at. Tend to prefer just basic meals for myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mince burgers mixed in with garlic, bbq sauce and cinamon. Get the combination right and cinnamon can really add to the flavour. Also chips and vegies.

Also threw a rack of lamb in the oven the other night. Wasn't bad they are far easier to cook and hold the texture better then lamb chops. Bout 40 mins in an oven bag for a small one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Food, Drink & Dining Out What did you cook for dinner last night?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back