Autopsy What did you like, hate and learn from Rd2?

Remove this Banner Ad

The injury gods have cursed Collingwood. Buckley's game plan produces ample opportunities for us to kick a winning score but too many players squander those opportunities with their butchering of the ball.

Liked: Beating Geelong by a pt, Carlton getting towelled up, Essendon getting towelled up.

Disliked: The media strokefest over a Ducker, an ageing seagull and a bloke you can tackle but not get reward for doing so.

Learned: Troy Pannell hates Hawthorn more than Darren Goldspink ever did.

Liked: Adelaide being ignored by the media after winning the hyped "Replay" with injuries before the game - in the game - and bunch of newbies, hilarious. The Suns look like they have a coach who will make the most of all the talent sitting idle in that club.

Disliked: Umpiring of the Geelong vs Hawks AND Power vs Sydney games. What Sicily did with his knees was ordinary.

Learned: AFL media like shiny new things, and have the collective memory of a gnat.

Liked:
The Crows Win.
Gold Coast’s Play.
Any Player Kicking 5 or More Goals.

Disliked:
Broken Legs and Ankles.
Port’s Win.
Cats Diving and Ducking For Free’s.

Learned:
Tigers are really a Dustin Martin Injury Away From A Cellar Dwellar.
Still Think 11 Teams Vying For 8 Finals Spots.
Tom Doedee Is Going To Be A Star.

Liked: Watching football for five days

Hated: The quality of the first half of North v Saints, Broomhead's and Scully's broken bones, Only getting four tips right, Sicily kneeing a player in the head when he was on his back and defenceless.

Learnt: This is going to be a very even competition this year, Some fans will defend inexcusable and gutless actions (Sicily).

Liked - Melbourne scrounging a win that they wouldn’t have several years ago.

Gold Coast winning and Lynch kicking 8.

Ben Brown continuing to assert himself a star without the obvious fanfare.

Learnt - Melbourne aren’t a top 8 side yet. If we continue to have excessive lapses of concentration in games it won’t be long until a good side really punishes us.

If we don’t beat North this week then no finals.

Goodwin should be on notice if we lose 3 of the next 4.

Hawthorn are a possible top 4 side.
Adelaide bat deep.
Port have depth and look good.

Hated - The standard Selwood hate from Hawthorn and Richmond fans. Hawthorn have produced plenty of players who have ducked over the years in Rioli and Puopolo. Luke Hodge and Sam Mitchell also rank highly for free kicks.

For all the hate Selwood gets he isn’t a dog like Sicily.

Summery - good players get their first and get the ball.

St Kilda & The WB will fight out the bottom 2 at this rate.

Liked:

Our endeavor against the Saints.

We got the 4 points and our first win in R2 not R6.

We are currently the best defensive side in the league based on having not yet conceded 100 points lol.

Hated:

The fact we coulda won by a lot more if we converted those early shots for goal in the first half.

Learnt:

We are not as bad as we thought.

Saints didn't show up taking credit away from our performance.

Mixed:

Melbourne this week. Could be interesting.
North Melbourne a smoky for top 8

Learnt-Umpires are only human and will make decisions on emotions,can’t wait for what they throw at us this week,more shades of grey I bet,a 50 metre penalty or 5.

Hated-Richmond were very underdone,Crows deserved the win especially with Sloaney sore on the bench for a period of the game.

Liked-Not many exciting games this week,the ole Cats,Hawks clash restored things.

Early days,good crowds and so far ,any team can make finals,Pies only lost by 16 points to the firm flag favourites,the Giants.

Doggies,really the only concern, but early days.

Blues fans also would be disappointed after the great showing round one,the Suns seemed to have found a coach that fits like a glove in Stewie Dew.

Anyones premiership.

Australian Communist Football League. :)

Player of the week,big Tom Lynch for the Suns although Dusty nearly got Richmond back into the game on his own.

Last edited:
Liked - Finlayson and the kid Fogarty form Adelaide. Brilliant ruck performances from Grundy and McEvoy.
Hated - The Broomhead injury was just sickening and rotten bad luck for Scully as well. Billy Brainless commentating on Geelong games is grating.
Learned - Dogs are a bottom 4 team and Clarko is at it again.

Liked:

- Freo
- Suns
- Hogan
- Charlie Cameron
- Liam Ryan
- Wines

Hated:

- Saints horrible lack of effort, they really look like they aren't playing for Richo
- Melbourne refusing to play Lever in his correct position, and Jayden Hunts terrible form
- Umpiring in Easter Monday game

Learnt:

- Brisbane remind me a lot of Melbourne 2015-2016, they'll beat a few good sides this year
- Hawthorn unfortunately look to be heading towards the top 8 and beyond again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked : Hawks winning, Port v Syds, Gold coasts good form.

Learnt: Port will be hard to beat, umps love affair with certain geelong players isnt going away.

Hated : Umpiring standard in the last 10 mins on monday.

Liked - Finlayson and the kid Fogarty form Adelaide. Brilliant ruck performances from Grundy and McEvoy.
Hated - The Broomhead injury was just sickening and rotten bad luck for Scully as well. Billy Brainless commentating on Geelong games is grating.
Learned - Dogs are a bottom 4 team and Clarko is at it again.
Scully actually looks a like a pretty simple clean break from the club update, and hopefully will heal well. 10 weeks of no running will turn his life around though.I think he sleeps on a treadmill .
It cant be good news but hopefully Broomhead is similar. Fractures can be complex and Fyfe seemed to suffer for a long time.

Like:
The improvement in Qld.
The playing surface in Perth.
A quality game on Monday to watch.

Learned:
Victorians may be disappointed later in the year.
A good midfield needs targets.
I didn't mind Jim Brayshaw commmentating.

Hated:
Seeing players hurt, as has been said, but...
The first half of the Saints v North game. Hard to watch. But it is round 2.

What did I learn this weekend... I learned that EDDIE BETTS should get decent elastic. I didn't buy a high def TV just to get a clear picture of his ass crack.

What did I hate this week... I hated ALEX RANCE pulling out earwax and inspecting it. Does he do the same thing when he picks his nose? Don't look at it Alex, just flick it away.

I hated 'cometh' being used in commentary again. Where is the 'cometh' backlash? Do I have to do everything? Here's the proper use of the word 'cometh':
'Cometh the footy commentator, cometh the mute button'. I know why Hudson used it all those years ago. He figured it was the only way to make his commentary sound interesting, and he was right. The CARLTON game this weekend was so boring, they should have called the whole game in iambic pentameter.

What did I learn this week.... I learned that if you don't want to 'go the blub' in a presser, don't use the word 'family'. It's a trigger word, like 'remember' at a funeral. It's a recipe for disaster. Steve Smith learned this the hard way. And by the way, if Mr. Hird showed the same contrition, the whole footy world would have moved on INSTANTLY. Instead the EFC launched into 4 years of PR bullshit, lies and spin.

What else did I learn this week... I learned that I was nearly part of a threeway, but I wasn't up to it. These two girls started hitting on me, Alexa and Siri. When they said I needed a safety word, I got real nervous. I asked what their word was, and they said CIA. So I got the hell out of there.

Liked: The hawks getting up in a close one for a change. Always brilliant to beat the campaigners.

Port aggression, and the win the ball at all cost attitude is what Footy is all about.

Tommy Mitchell and Big boy in the ruck were outstanding.

Gold Coast win and Melbourne bouncing back.

Learnt: Dogs in trouble, Danger can do no wrong and the rule holding ball doesn’t apply to him.
Joel is still a head ducking campaigner and deserves everything he cops.

Hated: injuries to all, never good, especially so early on.
St.kilda v North: worst first half of football I’ve ever seen.. like ever.

What did I learn this weekend... I learned that EDDIE BETTS should get decent elastic. I didn't buy a high def TV just to get a clear picture of his ass crack.

What did I hate this week... I hated ALEX RANCE pulling out earwax and inspecting it. Does he do the same thing when he picks his nose? Don't look at it Alex, just flick it away.

I hated 'cometh' being used in commentary again. Where is the 'cometh' backlash? Do I have to do everything? Here's the proper use of the word 'cometh':
'Cometh the footy commentator, cometh the mute button'. I know why Hudson used it all those years ago. He figured it was the only way to make his commentary sound interesting, and he was right. The CARLTON game this weekend was so boring, they should have called the whole game in iambic pentameter.

What did I learn this week.... I learned that if you don't want to 'go the blub' in a presser, don't use the word 'family'. It's a trigger word, like 'remember' at a funeral. It's a recipe for disaster. Steve Smith learned this the hard way. And by the way, if Mr. Hird showed the same contrition, the whole footy world would have moved on INSTANTLY. Instead the EFC launched into 4 years of PR bullshit, lies and spin.

What else did I learn this week... I learned that I was nearly part of a threeway, but I wasn't up to it. These two girls started hitting on me, Alexa and Siri. When they said I needed a safety word, I got real nervous. I asked what their word was, and they said CIA. So I got the hell out of there.
Post of the Week.

Liked: Freo (of course)
Suns
North
Easter Monday game

Hated: injuries

Learnt: Saints & Dogs look shocking
Adelaide have good depth
Tigers are a middling team, but good on them for last year.
L. Ryan looks a star, but his first name is Luke. (The other one also looked good)
5 days of footy in a row is a Godsend.
Upsets will keep happening at a rate greater than in the past, due to an even competition
Impey looks a great get by the Hawks.
Kelly looks made for AFL. Congrats Cats, but you were 1 key defender short on Monday
My fantasy & Supercoach teams aren’t any good

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy What did you like, hate and learn from Rd2?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back