What does our best forward 6 look like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not many posters putting Astbury in there. I know he's been played as a back mostly, but with Rance, Grimes, Post, Moore (hopefully), Thursfield and maybe 1 more via a trade or the draft all vying for the KPD spots next year I reckon we should try Astbury up forward. Beautiful foot skills, tall, agile and smart, plus remember he kicked 3 goals on debut.

Martin/Deledio Astbury Nahas/Cotchin

Vickery Riewoldt King

When Griff is ready slot him in there and hopefully by then Vickery will be able to handle himself in the ruck.

Next year i hope......

HF Nahas Griffiths Resting Mid
FF King Riewoldt Vickery

Mouthwatering when you consider who we can rest in the forward line

Title says best six not future best six cause if that were the case I would have dangerfield in there ;)

But big griff hasn't shown why we got him yet so wouldn't have him in there but I bet he will be there in 2 years

HF : Delidio Vickery Riewoldt

FF: Nahas Griffiths King

Rotations: Martin , Morton , Clarke

Delidio is the x-factor here that can either go down to the wing with 3 bounces kick a 50 mtr goal on the run
Or
Sprint Down to foward pocket to crumb a goal of the pack
Or
Lead out from the foward pocket with his spead to mark & Kick a goal

3 Very Big Strong Mobile Fowards
1 Super fast Super agile Super Talented Mid size Foward
2 Crumbing Fast Smalls
Mate. Clarke aint coming to us. He's already re-signed.

Griffiths didn’t play the last two weeks as he hasn’t shown that he is capable of playing anymore than a handful of senior games each year. Contrary to those talking him up as the next best thing, I err on the side of caution ad suggest this kid’s performances have been over-hyped and until he proves he can get the body right, he ain’t even worth speculating on.
For mine, at this point ….
HF Martin Miller Morton
F Vickery Riewoldt Nahas

Griffiths has played a massive 8 or so games :cool:
You can tell he'll be good. He would have looked good the last 2 weeks because our midfield has lifted

Griffiths has played a massive 8 or so games :cool:
You can tell he'll be good. He would have looked good the last 2 weeks because our midfield has lifted

The way i see it...as soon as Griffiths starts kicking bagfulls of goals in the magoos...he ready to play...

Griffiths IS the great white hope, there is no question of that. Expecting anything more that what we have seen is unrealistic given the way he has been managed with his shoulder.

I'm more than comfortable that we are managing him over a period of time where he slowly builds both confidence and fitness.

We all gave up on Rance until this year and the big unit has heaps more upside than Rance in your pants

At the moment I'd have our forward 6 as:

hf: houli griffiths king
ff: nahas reiwoldt vickery

But if Nahas can't learn to use his left soon he'll be quickly on the outer. King will be 28 next year too. Our forward 6 and full team might look like:

fb: batchelor rance newman
hb: grimes post deledio
c: conca cotchin morton
hf: houli griffiths webberley
ff: helbig reiwoldt vickery
foll: hampson? martin foley
int: dea pick 10? edwards sub:astbury

If we lose tomorrow we'll probably get pick 10

At the moment I'd have our forward 6 as:

hf: houli griffiths king
ff: nahas reiwoldt vickery

But if Nahas can't learn to use his left soon he'll be quickly on the outer. King will be 28 next year too. Our forward 6 and full team might look like:

fb: batchelor rance newman
hb: grimes post deledio
c: conca cotchin morton
hf: houli griffiths webberley
ff: helbig reiwoldt vickery
foll: hampson? martin foley
int: dea pick 10? edwards sub:astbury

If we lose tomorrow we'll probably get pick 10

Your dreaming...

Griffiths has done nothing...

Hampson is ordinary...

And we are a chance to win tomorrow...

Griff is ordinary thus far. Has shown glimpses but that is all. If he does make it, great - but I can't see him being in our best 22 round 1 next year.

He only has to touch it a dozen times to have done his job. He easily makes our 22 for 2012. You say he's done nothing, but who did anything when we lost 6 games in a row? Only played about 8 games and looks like he'll be a pretty good player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Griff is ordinary thus far. Has shown glimpses but that is all. If he does make it, great - but I can't see him being in our best 22 round 1 next year.

I would argue that Cotch showed glimpes in his 1st couple of years but we game him plenty of slack due to his fitness base being compromised due to lack of pre season.

To me, Griff is no different - has shown he can take contested marks, has great closing speed when chasing, fantastic long kick and good agility.

He is a great kid with the right attitude. He gets 1 or 2 decent pre seasons under his belt and then lets judge him.

I'm also a fan of the Big G. My guess is that he will make the grade provided his shoulders can take the bash and crash of AFL. Usually takes 3 to 4 years for the big boys to become men.

Be interesting also to get some feedback on his mental toughness. Having suspect shoulders could mess with your head if you were slotted to play a KP.

Remove this Banner Ad

What does our best forward 6 look like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back