Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bought this off the Lions a last week. Ripped Matt Maguire Guernsey v Adelaide r.21 last year. Ripped it in a scuffle with Tippett or Walker

goose%20ripped%20guernsey.jpg

Do the replicas of the jumpers worn in the official 'heritage round' matches all have the 'heritage round' shield logo on them? Or were they ever sold with just the standard AFL logo on them?

Bought the 2012 Melbourne Demons guernsey at the Melbourne-Carlton game. Considered buying the GWS inaugural guernsey considering it'd probably fetch a large amount in years to come and it was so cheap.

I've been looking at signed guernseys and have noticed that quite a few sellers have taken to adding accolades under the signature such as XXXX Brownlow Medallist, XXXX Coleman etc etc. I don't particularly like. Does this sort of practice detract from the value of the piece?

I've been looking at signed guernseys and have noticed that quite a few sellers have taken to adding accolades under the signature such as XXXX Brownlow Medallist, XXXX Coleman etc etc. I don't particularly like. Does this sort of practice detract from the value of the piece?

IMO yes. Nothing tackier than brownlow medallist written by the player under the signature. I dont know whether it is asked for by memorabilia dealers or just done by the player.

Personally, i'm a big fan of inscriptions under signatures. As long as it applies to the item, I think its great.

It is a huge thing in the US, with NBA, NFL etc. Game worn items being dated, stat's and inscriptions.

I don't think it would de-value an item, as long as it is neat and applies to the era'.

(Eg, an Eagles jumper with Judd signing 2010 brownlow would be a de-value in my book, has to apply to the item)

Why write in black texta the persons acheivements when you can just write these things on a plaque at the bottom of the frame if you choose to frame it.

Most the jumpers that get signed like that are the memrobelia places who expect every single jumper to sell for 250+

Yeah, I've noticed that there are a lot of 'brand new' signed jumpers asking for that. But I agree with WCE, I much prefer it without.

For example, a 2009 jumper being inscribed with 2008 achievement...

I picked up a player issued sponsors patch at the footy today. Off number 4 in the Sandringham VFL firsts, who plays full back. Pics will come.

Wait, no one probably cares..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, i'm a big fan of inscriptions under signatures. As long as it applies to the item, I think its great.

It is a huge thing in the US, with NBA, NFL etc. Game worn items being dated, stat's and inscriptions.

I don't think it would de-value an item, as long as it is neat and applies to the era'.

(Eg, an Eagles jumper with Judd signing 2010 brownlow would be a de-value in my book, has to apply to the item)

Rumour that Gary Ablett Senior has been known to accidently (on purpose) stuff up his career goals kicked sometimes when he signs his merchandise. Not a bad ploy on the player's behalf, to stop people trying to make a profit off you.

Rumour that Gary Ablett Senior has been known to accidently (on purpose) stuff up his career goals kicked sometimes when he signs his merchandise. Not a bad ploy on the player's behalf, to stop people trying to make a profit off you.
Haha, brilliant.

I'll get around to individual photos later this week, but my personal favourites among my collection include:

Finally got around to uploading these ones:

- 1961-72 Match Worn (#23 Doug Wade) VFL Home Guernsey (something completely rare, even if I can't nail down the particular match it was from)

k1e8ea.jpg
2qtzpu8.jpg

- 2004 Signed and Washed Match Worn (#44 Corey Enright) VFL Guernsey & Shorts (obviously assuming he doesn't get dropped back down there, but to date this was from Enright's last ever game in the VFL side - 2004 VFL Season, Round 16 vs. North Ballarat - unique little fact)

2hsak9i.jpg
344y5w5.jpg
dvo94x.jpg

- 2005 Signed Match Worn (#39 Darren Milburn) Heritage Round Guernsey (I think I've only seen a couple of other 2005 Geelong Heritage Round guernsey's online - Johnson and Rooke)

3509kdd.jpg
50mk1u.jpg

- 2006 Signed Match Worn (#44 Corey Enright) Heritage Round Guernsey (I've yet to see a 2006 Geelong Heritage Round guernsey anywhere else online)

2zxnn1e.jpg
2gv4faa.jpg

- 2008 Signed Player Issued (#21 Cameron Mooney) Grand Final Match Guernsey (Mooney's spare guernsey from the 2008 AFL Grand Final)

zkn807.jpg
abjyix.jpg

- 2011 Signed Match Worn (#44 Corey Enright) Grand Final Match Guernsey

2ytnzev.jpg
2hyifiw.jpg

- 2012 Signed Match Worn (#30 Matthew Scarlett) Gold Logo Home Guernsey (Scarlett's final ever AFL game in the Elimination Final loss against Fremantle last year)

33tqu7o.jpg
2uzusm8.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got around to uploading these ones:

- 1961-72 Match Worn (#23 Doug Wade) VFL Home Guernsey (something completely rare, even if I can't nail down the particular match it was from)

- 2004 Signed and Washed Match Worn (#44 Corey Enright) VFL Guernsey & Shorts (obviously assuming he doesn't get dropped back down there, but to date this was from Enright's last ever game in the VFL side - 2004 VFL Season, Round 16 vs. North Ballarat - unique little fact)

- 2005 Signed Match Worn (#39 Darren Milburn) Heritage Round Guernsey (I think I've only seen a couple of other 2005 Geelong Heritage Round guernsey's online - Johnson and Rooke)

- 2006 Signed Match Worn (#44 Corey Enright) Heritage Round Guernsey (I've yet to see a 2006 Geelong Heritage Round guernsey anywhere else online)

- 2008 Signed Player Issued (#21 Cameron Mooney) Grand Final Match Guernsey (Mooney's spare guernsey from the 2008 AFL Grand Final)

- 2011 Signed Player Issued (#44 Corey Enright) Grand Final Match Guernsey (Enright's spare guernsey from the 2011 AFL Grand Final)

- 2012 Signed Match Worn (#30 Matthew Scarlett) Gold Logo Home Guernsey (Scarlett's final ever AFL game in the Elimination Final loss against Fremantle last year)

The Enrights are sensational.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back