Moved Thread What I hate about BigFooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to rant on about how long I've been here or some ego rubbish, but BigFooty pre 2004 was fantastic. Loved every minute.

Yep, the good 'ol days. I still enjoy the banter here though, regardless.

However, the quality of posts here have dropped off so dramatically over the years that its sad. Its not even worth proving a point because no one really cares.

Unfortunately, the bigger the board, the bigger drop in quality... or at least the higher chance of. If you see the biggest boards in the internet, they are far worse in terms of trolling/stupid comments because there are just so many teenagers/dumbarses in general. It's like for every 10 people you get, 3 of them will be mature and valuable contributors, 5 of them will be idiots and 2 of them will be lurkers. Just a guess of ratio, but from what I've seen it is universally like that.

Carlton mods: :thumbsdown: Just gutless.

Lucky me, I don't have to incur your criticism. :p

I also hate it how people get articles from the Age or Herald Sun Websites and they post a whole page's worth of article and start a thread with it, they're soo F8cking Pointless.

Actually that's one of the things I come to BF for. Not all of us have access to those papers (or are too lazy to search the net for them - that's what I rely on this site for.)

I refuse to buy the papers over here (if you think you've got bad journos over east you should see the sickening eagles fanbois posing as journos over here) so BF is my only source of footy stories.

But since this thread is about hate:

I hate the colour scheme. I mean, of all colours why blue n yella Chief? A nice dose of purple would double your traffic overnight methinks.

I'm sure if you were winning it would be enjoyable to post :thumbsu:

Hey, I've only experienced one year here of finals action regarding my club, and I still think it's enjoyable to post. ;)

Oh how we copped it in 02/03, and there were very few of us to fly the flag too. Our team board was like, 3rd or fourth last in terms of overall posts and activity. And there was no such thing as Bay13 either.

The butchering of the english language, the over-the-top bias, and pointless hostility.

That would be the main thing for me.

Plus posters who bag their own team's players unfairly.

Theres more advertising than on a channel seven footy game.

5 ads a page is a lot, but the only real annoying one is the ad under the 1st post of every page.

Theres more advertising than on a channel seven footy game.

5 ads a page is a lot, but the only real annoying one is the ad under the 1st post of every page.

There's an ad under the 1st post? :confused:

I don't even use ad block either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not even seeing most of the interesting topics because they get moved off to some unnecessarily created sub-board that you don't have the time or inclination to regularly check (even if you knew it existed).

Not even seeing most of the interesting topics because they get moved off to some unnecessarily created sub-board that you don't have the time or inclination to regularly check (even if you knew it existed).

Agreed. Was far more interesting before Bay 13. That's just really a joke forum now.

Also hate merged threads. I understand the need for them, but I still don't like them. Let the people decide which thread gets used and which disappears into oblivion.

Bay 13 wasn't such a bad move, got rid of a lot of crap that was only ever intended to cause trouble.

But now threads get moved off the main board if they mention umpires, journalists, the draft, trades, new teams, things that happen during a game, polls... No wonder the main board (and by extension the site) doesn't even seem worth checking most of the time any more.

Some of the posters that make statements, but wont go into details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back