What is a fair trade for Kurt Tippett?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's like saying "if you have decent recruiters, pick 94 has currency".

It doesn't. We will need one player in your top ten and one junior. You need to find us the equivalent of a top five pick, or it won't happen.
Or you could just get nothing for him!

Sydney... joke of a club. i love how people complement sydney on their 'culture', their ability to recycle players and never bottom out. How can they do this? It's childsplay when your salary cap is 10% higher than everyone elses. Just pay your players more. It's absurd that tippet wanted to go home but now he's going to sydney, the reigning premiers, because thanks to the AFL they can afford to pay him more than any other club. Mind you I doubt they would be the reiging premiers were it not for the AFL re-arranging the finals to give hawthorn the short break.

Its funny how the melbourne storm were stripped of premierships after cheating the salary cap to help break into afl heartland but when the swans do the same thing its all above board. just about the only time in human history you could say rugby league has the moral highground. The AFL is a joke.

Sydney... joke of a club. i love how people complement sydney on their 'culture', their ability to recycle players and never bottom out. How can they do this? It's childsplay when your salary cap is 10% higher than everyone elses. Just pay your players more. It's absurd that tippet wanted to go home but now he's going to sydney, the reigning premiers, because thanks to the AFL they can afford to pay him more than any other club. Mind you I doubt they would be the reiging premiers were it not for the AFL re-arranging the finals to give hawthorn the short break.

Its funny how the melbourne storm were stripped of premierships after cheating the salary cap to help break into afl heartland but when the swans do the same thing its all above board. just about the only time in human history you could say rugby league has the moral highground. The AFL is a joke.
Ha joke of a club lol the only joke was you guys choking last weekend

Yeah i'm sick of hearing how Sydney players are just a bunch of humble, hard working guys when they get paid 10% more than everyone else.

There is no way in the world sydney would consider trading jetta would you if you had him ???, But you could ask for him and they would flatly refuse

Well that's one way to start posting on this site.

So here's the question that everyone bar Sydney Swans supporters should be asking. How can they afford him under their salary cap?

Oh that's right, unlike everyone else in the AFL, (except GWS and GC which is understandable), the Swans have an extra $400-600K+ for the supposed "Cost of Living" exemption, even though both West Coast and Freo put it to the AFL in July that per teh Australian Bureau of Statistics, (and anyone that's been to Perth lately), it's actually more expensive to live in Perth than Sydney, but they dont get anything. And it's more expensive to live in Melbourne than it is in Brisbane or Adelaide, but Melbourne clubs dont get cap relief over those city's clubs, (not should they).

Sydney have played in 3 Grand Finals in 7 years and won 2 with a player list that wouldnt fit under any other clubs Salary cap. When Brisbane played in 4 GF's in a row, the AFL cut off their salary cap quick smart.

They talk about players wanting to go there for the 'culture'. Crap. Do you think Tippett wants to go there for the culture? The Culture at AFC, with a young list, great young(ish) coach, passionate fans, what's wrong with that culture? No, it's $$$.

Only the Melbourne Storm can claim to do what Sydney reckons they are about, because the Storm actually have exactly the same cap as the rest of the NRL even though they are in 'non-league' territory (and I include the years they cheated the cap as every club did it and some still do, but they dont get audited).

So who cares who Sydney trade for Tippett? The AFL will make it happen for the marketing $$$ in the Sydney market, no matter what. The AFL do the opposite for the Swans that the NRL do for the Storm.

And before Swans fans barrage with abuse, 2 points

1) Yes it is fact before you claim it doesnt exist (the exemption) or the level of it
2) I'm not having a go at the Swans believe it or not. All the AFL clubs signed off on it, (though 'pushed' by the AFL who threatned to cut off the balance funds to clubs like North and Bulldogs if they didnt agree to it). So all they are doing is what they are allowed to do. So who can blame them?

That's like saying "if you have decent recruiters, pick 94 has currency".

It doesn't. We will need one player in your top ten and one junior. You need to find us the equivalent of a top five pick, or it won't happen.

Then it won't happen. Overs by a bit is one thing that is huge overs.

This will bloody last all three weeks.

Get lost flog...

Keep having a cry about last week you muppet !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way in the world sydney would consider trading jetta would you if you had him ???, But you could ask for him and they would flatly refuse

Jetta will return to WA once Goodes retires, just you wait and see. Given Goodes just damaged his good knee and has played 300+ games he'd have 1 yr maybe 2 at most left.

Power forwards are worth more than skinny wingmen and the swans need to get some form of trade currency to land Tippett.

Jetta will return to WA once Goodes retires, just you wait and see. Given Goodes just damaged his good knee and has played 300+ games he'd have 1 yr maybe 2 at most left.

Power forwards are worth more than skinny wingmen and the swans need to get some form of trade currency to land Tippett.
We have a good culture that keeps people here unlike yours!

Actually reason why we get COL is because all the other clubs including yours voted for it. If you have an issue contact your football board and lobby to vote against it.

And how long ago did the clubs agree to it? Not recently I'm guessing.

3 grand finals and 2 flags in 7 years is well ahead of half if not 3/4 of the rest of the competition. Swans have been gifted plenty in representing the AFL the mean old rough tough Sydney market

As mentioned Perth is more expensive than Sydney to live in but those clubs get nothing.

Time to cut of the welfare payments and make it a level playing field.:thumbsu:

Adelaide side should get something because so many interstate players don't want to live there.

And how long ago did the clubs agree to it? Not recently I'm guessing.

3 grand finals and 2 flags in 7 years is well ahead of half if not 3/4 of the rest of the competition. Swans have been gifted plenty in representing the AFL the mean old rough tough Sydney market

As mentioned Perth is more expensive than Sydney to live in but those clubs get nothing.

Time to cut of the welfare payments and make it a level playing field.:thumbsu:

Adelaide side should get something because so many interstate players don't want to live there.

It's voted on every year....

Jetta will return to WA once Goodes retires, just you wait and see.

The amount of times I've seen you proclaim that a Western Australian player is a monty to return home only for it not to occur...

I can't see the premiership side wanting to remove too many of its players by trade. And given Sydney's renowned culture, none of the players want to walk out. Have they got the picks to get the deal done?

Jesse White and pick 21 doesn't sound like it would be enough, does it? What other players are up for grabs?

Is Sydney a red herring being thrown out there by Tippett's management so a trade can not be reached and the Gold Coast can steal him via PSD, without coming across as the bad guys?

How about a Swans ruck and 1st rounder to Collingwood, then Collingwood's first rounder and Dawes to Adelaide? (still feel bad for Adelaide)

Remove this Banner Ad

What is a fair trade for Kurt Tippett?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back