What is it about Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20489393%5E19742,00.html

So Matthew Moody wants to play for Freo now too.

He follows the following players in recent seasons who have asked to be traded to Freo:

Josh Carr
Heath Black
Luke McPharlin
Jeff Farmer
Des Headland
Peter Bell
Matthew Carr

So serious question... what is it about Freo that makes so many players want to 'return home' and play for them? Correct me if I am wrong but this is far more than and any other club... and they aren't duds trying to get a game, they are all name players including 3 premiership players and another grand finalist.

No disrespect to Freo, but they would probably earn less money and find it harder to get a game at West Coast?

Coke, b1tches and beaches.

Kenny_01 said:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20489393%255E19742,00.html

He follows the following players in recent seasons who have asked to be traded to Freo:

Josh Carr
Heath Black
Luke McPharlin
Jeff Farmer
Des Headland
Peter Bell
Matthew Carr

So serious question... what is it about Freo that makes so many players want to 'return home' and play for them? Correct me if I am wrong but this is far more than and any other club... and they aren't duds trying to get a game, they are all name players including 3 premiership players and another grand finalist.

I'm pretty sure it's not their onfield success

Josh Carr - Wanted to play with his brother
Heath Black - Was originally drafted by the club
Luke McPharlin - Would have played for either WA club. Freo offered more IE the #1 pick
Jeff Farmer - Eagles had Phil Matera so didn't need him
Des Headland - Who cares? The Eagles traded for Daniel Chick instead
Peter Bell - Another former Docker
Matthew Carr - Who cares?

Kenny_01 said:
So serious question... what is it about Freo that makes so many players want to 'return home' and play for them?.
I can honestly say it was one of the nicest places i have ever been (and i have been to about 10 countries!). Very picturesque, easy going, friendly people, nice architecture and great beaches. If you grew up there, i could imagine that the opportunity to return would outweigh earning capacity in a cr@pholes like Melbourne or Sydney for example! Saying that, Moody is from Brissie isn't he? Not a bad place to live either!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS a couple of them are geniuses, take Bell get sent away, get premierships come back get a load of cash, yet no great expectations to worry about.

Black another, they are like boomerangs, but only come back for much bigger payments.

rick James said:
ffs mate I just want to know who tese guys are, who do they play for, are they any good etc?

Michael may seek a trade deal, but Brisbane will be reluctant as it is already set to lose a handful of experienced players, including West Australian young gun Matthew Moody.

Moody's management has told the Lions it only wants a one-year deal that would free the 21-year-old up for a return to Fremantle in 2008.

Drafted at No. 23 in 2003 by the Lions, Moody rose to prominence this season and has played a total of 25 games.

Lach72 said:
Ricky, cmon mate. :eek:

Not joking mate, I honestly have never heard of these guys, I do recall hearinghte last name moody occasionally but have never specifically heard of them - Freo get bugger all coverage over here mate.

Kenny_01 said:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20489393%5E19742,00.html

Josh Carr
Heath Black
Luke McPharlin
Jeff Farmer
Des Headland
Peter Bell
Matthew Carr

J Carr, McPharlin, Farmer, Bell, M Carr, Moody are all East or South Freo. Headland went to the national draft wearing Freo colours. Black played for Freo and in a premiership with South Freo.

It all makes sense to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

What is it about Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back