We Need to Talk about Over-Celebrating

Remove this Banner Ad

Why though? Sports is much more entertaining when players are allowed to show some personality and character, would you rather they all be boring individuals who just go "Yeah nah team did it's job, was good to see the boys get around it" in every post game interview?
My personal preference would be for players to celebrate goals theatrically and exuberantly, and on the other hand for broadcasters to completely get rid of interviewing players straight after a game. Boy, how to shatter the mystique! (I know, I know - “mystique” in the age of social media - LOL what am I - 200 years old?)

Honestly don’t think I’ve ever heard a sweating, puffing player say one remotely interesting thing when they have a mic stuck in their face.

Hey! Players of today (I'm looking at you Jake Stringer), did you see Dustin Martin today?

The dude is in his 300th, in a shit team, and 93000 people rock up to watch him. He dobs one from 50, and what does he do? Goes straight to his teammates.

Thanks. Close thread.

Hey! Players of today (I'm looking at you Jake Stringer), did you see Dustin Martin today?

The dude is in his 300th, in a shit team, and 93000 people rock up to watch him. He dobs one from 50, and what does he do? Goes straight to his teammates.

Thanks. Close thread.
Asking for the thread to be closed is like hanging up on yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

We Need to Talk about Over-Celebrating

Remove this Banner Ad

Back