What is Johncock worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Channel 9 here in Adelaide said that Johncock wants to be traded to Port.

Crows fans want pick #4, and Thomson.
Port fans would give up Thomson and a swap of 2nd rounders with the Crows to get Johncock.

so obviously those 2 values are waaaaaaay off....

so realistically with some opinions of some non-port and non-crows fans, what is he worth?

I think Johncock is a good example of a player who is worth more to the team he is at than he would be on the open market. If the rumour that he wants to leave is true I'd be surprised if Port ended up paying any more than Thomson and/or a second round pick, and that's only if Adelaide have no say in him leaving.

Is around the age of 26 i believe and therefore should be in the prime of his football playing, i believe he was disapointing this year at probably a second round pick and player might be abit high seeing port will have pick 21-22 i think.

Port fans would give up Thomson and a swap of 2nd rounders with the Crows to get Johncock.

so realistically with some opinions of some non-port and non-crows fans, what is he worth?
We know you wouldnt give up your 1st rounder unless you think of a deal like this..
Port gain: Johncock, Crows 1st rounder
Port lose: Thomson, 1st rounder

Adelaide gain: Thomson, Ports 1st rounder
Adelaide lose: Johncock, 1st rounder

Seems fair too me

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24320855-5006301,00.html

ADELAIDE Football Club tonight issued the most emphatic rebuff ever heard from West Lakes to dismiss a television report of Graham Johncock crossing the great divide to Port Adelaide.
The Crows described the report of Johncock – who is on contract to Adelaide next season – seeking a trade to the Power as "fabricated nonsense with no substance".

"Graham's part of our fabric, we're keen to keep him and any thought of him not being here next year is absolute rubbish – can I make that any clearer?" said Crows football operations chief John Reid tonight.

Johncock, 25, had a difficult season at Adelaide this year when he had to be stood down by the leadership group to refocus after a difficult series of off-field events.

A television report in Adelaide flagged Johncock being traded to the Power in a mix of a second-round draft pick and to-be-cut Port midfielder Adam Thomson.

Can't be screwed quoting.

'Crows fans want pick #4, and Thomson.'

I hope that's a joke. Pick 4 for a 26 year old meh back pocket player, plus a good young midfielder? Although he did win us this year's Showdown off of his own boot, so maybe he could win us a few more games in the Port guernsey.

I am not going to talk about Thomson because i dont know enough about him to make an accurate judgement.

From an outsiders point of view on the value of Johncock who is a 26 year old that is a quality player however he cant perform conistintly enough to be considered an elite player.

I think from trades that have happened in the past couple of years Johncock is worth a second round draft pick. With the GC team coming into the comp and a strong draft this year, i dont think Adelaide will be able to get anything better then a second rounder, or a third rounder and a player.

Saying that if i was adelaide i wouldn't accept justt a third rounder for Johncock.

Can't be screwed quoting.

'Crows fans want pick #4, and Thomson.'

I hope that's a joke. Pick 4 for a 26 year old meh back pocket player, plus a good young midfielder? Although he did win us this year's Showdown off of his own boot, so maybe he could win us a few more games in the Port guernsey.

He turns 26 in October.

Z0MG!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Stiffy is worth a 1st rounder on the open market as some have said. I think the best we could do is gaining Thomson and a second rounder for Stiffy.

Pick 9-13. Not worth Pick 4, but is a very good player.

Three way deal

Port- Johncock
Crows- Pick 16 & Thomson
Hawks- Chaplin

;)

Why don't you just give us Pick 16 (or 17 ;)) for Chaplin and forget the Crows entirely?

Are you kidding me??? Thomson is going to be a very good AFL midfielder, thats more than Johncock could ever dream of being.

Have you actually seen Thomson play? He is going to be a star. That is more than you can say about the chubby drunk that is Johncock.

no way is he worth a first round pick in this draft, second round at best

I disagree. Johncock is a proven AFL calibre defender who can contribute immediately. Surely that is worth a late first-round pick?

Outside the top 3 picks, it drops off a bit this year. Johncock could command a pick from 4 on-wards, although between 4 and 10 Adelaide probably exchange later picks with the club in question...

As a player he is probably worth a 2nd round.

As a player with drinking issues and an apparent lack of appropriate dedication - perhaps a 3rd pick or swap of 2nd round picks at best

id like to think he's worth between picks 12-20 in this years draft.. he is only 25 still, and had half a bad season in his whole career

Remove this Banner Ad

What is Johncock worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back