What is the worst action you've seen or heard that was committed by AFL footy fans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers, but the credit belongs to Captain Blood. He was a marvellous storyteller which was all part of the legend.

There's a thread on the PuntRoadEnd website containing a number of Dyer anecdotes on Laurie Nash, Ted Whitten and others which is great reading if you can tolerate the strong black and yellow décor (it's not my thread!).

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=26086.msg537396#msg537396

Great read! You dont have to be a Richmond supporter to enjoy a few great stories from a true legend of the game!
Ta mate :thumbsu:

i plead guilty here.my all time favourite umpire matthew head was slaughtering both sides in a tiges hawks game at the g a few years ago and i let out a head you're a c.. of an umpire just as a cop wandered down the aisle.amazingly he didn't hear me,he was no more than a few feet away but had headphones on.
would have gladly left if he asked was a terrible game but got to stay.
haven't been to a footy game since!!!!

Haven't attended enough AFL games as such to have really seen anything untoward go on, but one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen was at a TFL match, probably late 70's-early 80's down at Queenborough, the home of the old Sandy Bay.
The old Hobart Tigers got up over the 'Gulls in a thriller, and after the game this 70+ year old, hideously drunken Sandy Bay supporter stood at the top of the umpires race in front of the Mackey Stand and gave the umpires the biggest gobful of abuse, but then proceeded to take a piss on them while he was at it!
And while he was doing that and they were trying to avoid being soaked he continued roaring every f-bomb and c-bomb he could let rip, he power-chucked all over the mesh on top of the race and down onto the umpires :thumbsdown:
I remember someone punching his lights out for it.

Years ago at Princes Park in front of the old scoreboard when a few other teams had to play home games there we were giving the Tigers a touch up when we were pelted by VB cans. We had a bit of a laugh when we noticed they were completely full. At least we would have drunk ours before we threw them!
Also any game when Doutta Stars are losing when they start eating their own!

HAHAHAA!!! &*^%$%^ hell Kingpin!!! And yeah, **** those twats at Optus too, if only the current day version of Mooney was there to 'help' him out through the carpark.:p "Hey Barb!! What??? SMASH!!!!)

Probably at an SANFL game, seeing some 6 foot 4 bloke wrestle an old man (60-70 years old) to the ground, take a few steps back and kick him as hard as he could in the head.

Got pretty shaken up by that actually.

St Kilda fans cheering Corey McKernan's shoulder injury at the start of the 1997 preliminary final.

Yep - they must be related to the Bears cheer squad members who got out of their seats and clapped and cheered when Mckernan split the webbing between the two bones in his leg.

Their young St Kilda relos were the charming two 12 year olds with their dad out at Waverley at the '98 pre-season final who sat in front of us who spent most of the night mouthing off four letter words and for referesher licked the back of the seats in front of them. Nearly pewked.

and one of the worst things that can happen is the swine who stole my cans of beer at Lakeside Oval one Sat arvo. Swine:mad: A person buys a few cans to tied them over, put them on the ground between feet, turns around to talk to freind and bingo - beer gorn.

Young children and intellectually challenged people explore the world with their hands, just like a puppy explores the world with its mouth. Can't blame them for wanting to touch my girlfriend.
It's not our fault that we want to pat the horse. Next time you come to the footy I'll bring a carrot. :D

It's not bad but I found it quite disgusting.

I was sitting next to a kid on Friday night, one of those annoying ones that ask questions all the time and has no clue what is happening, anyway, after Melbourne got a goal to wipe the deficit, the man in front of the kid stood up and starting yelling at the kid "Stop kicking my chair" blah blah blah. The kid starts crying and a few guys around me are saying "C'mon it's only a kid", then the guy stands up keeps yelling, questions the right to bring his kid to the footy and everything.

I was embarrassed for Essendon supporters as a whole, I thought we were better than that

Once saw a big dust up at telstra dome in an essendon bulldogs game. Wouldnt be surprised if someone on here saw it actually, gathered quite a large crowd. Was i think in 2003, maybe 04. 2 older blokes were complaining about some sort of treatment to one of the women with them and wouldnt stop harassing 5 or 6 little pocket rocket looking ethnic blokes so they absoloutely went to town on these 2 older guys. Was pretty sickening, especially for my 12 year old sister

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda fans cheering Corey McKernan's shoulder injury at the start of the 1997 preliminary final.
Oh yeah.

2005 during the heights of WINDOW OF GREATNESS mania for Saints fans I watched a trumped up kappa jacket type abuse and threaten a 70 year old grand father in front of his grand kids, before the son of the grand father and father of the children stood up from the row in front and told the moron to STFU - and 'it's footy moron, just enjoy the game.'

To which kappa jacket boy replied 'yeah.... well... tell him to shut up too' pointing at a 70 year old man.

most likely been mentioned already but the pissing into plastic cups and being poured onto opposition players as they went down the race at places like Princess Park and Victoria Park.

Absolute ferals.

two grown men telling my 8 year old neice to "**** off to victoria" typical west coast supporters
nice generalisation idiot.
freo supporters calling me and my uncle sand *******
some freo fans trying to start a fight with me and a friend, about 7 on 2..but we kinda brought it upon ourselfs, but most the time if i taunt opposition fans they stay away from the racist thing which is good i guess
So you started shit, and then the others react and all of a sudden they are the ones in the wrong? You really are a douche bag arent you.

nice generalisation idiot.

So you started shit, and then the others react and all of a sudden they are the ones in the wrong? You really are a douche bag arent you.
happens every second to third time i go to eagles games
and for the other thing, i thought a bunch of grown men wouldnt react to team taunting with their fists, because you know, i thought people were more civil then that, sorry master:rolleyes:

I was sitting next to a kid on Friday night, one of those annoying ones that ask questions all the time and has no clue what is happening, anyway, after Melbourne got a goal to wipe the deficit, the man in front of the kid stood up and starting yelling at the kid "Stop kicking my chair" blah blah blah. The kid starts crying and a few guys around me are saying "C'mon it's only a kid", then the guy stands up keeps yelling, questions the right to bring his kid to the footy and everything.

People teeing off at kids at the footy is the one fairly routine thing which always gets my blood boiling. I've seen three serious instances in the last few years (fwiw, two WC fans, and one docker), and each time it disgusts me.

Have to say, the best thing about Australian crowds is they tend to fairly efficiently self police- whenever someone crosses the line, they tend to get an immediate razz from the rest of the block.

I havent seen to much in AFL just a bit of verbal abuse which hasnt really escalated.

I went to a football match in BA Argentina a couple of years ago, River Plate vs Boca Juniors and that was insane. Absolutely nothing happened to me as I wasnt wearing any team colours but the supporters there get into huge brawls, they tear down barriers supposed to keep them apart, throw anything and everything on to the field.........absolute mayhem.

I was embarrassed for Essendon supporters as a whole, I thought we were better than that

I was at Transformers last night and a kid was kicking my chair all night. Right at the very start I asked the kid nicely to not do it, but he kept going. I held my toung, but jeez did I want to throttle the little barstard and am still pissed I didn't at least make him cry. What reallt pissed me off is his mother heard me yet did nothing to stop the little bastard.

I think I speak for the majority of Australians here... I was guilty also of falling for the hype surrounding Australia's success at the World Cup. As well as supporting Australia because it was Australia, I began actually thinking that Soccer wasn't all that bad. When we almost got robbed by the referee in the Japan game though, I had misgivings. Actually, before we came back the 15 people i was watching the game with unanimously decided that they would never watch this shit sport again if we ended up losing. After the Italy game, where the refs gave them the game because of some diving, tosser, I decided that that was it. Shit sport. I hate the increasing influence that officials are having on Australian Rules Football, but soccer is just riduclous. The fact that the ref could pretty much give Italy the world cup, and couldn't pick that that loser was diving... Joke of a sport.

You don't speak for me or anyone I know and we are all Australians.

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the worst action you've seen or heard that was committed by AFL footy fans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back