What is the worst action you've seen or heard that was committed by AFL footy fans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't the worst but it made me realise that there are some ********s around.

93 grand final when Dean Wallis knocked out Hanna.

I was sitting near a group of Carlton supporters and they were going ****en nuts.

Some of the shit that was coming out of their mouths was gold. The best was, "my uncle knows where you live, you are a dead man walking Wallis. No-one does that to a Carlton player and gets away with it. YOU ARE DEAD". He did not stop throughout the game.

Seriously some people need to sometimes take a step back and realise that it's a ****en game of football. There are more important issues to worry about than someone getting knocked out.

And yes, I have heard some absolutely rippers from my own supporters as well. Gives me a laugh anyway.

this isnt bad, but after reading this whole thread, felt like telling a story.

Last year me and my port supporter mate went to see eagles v crows at aami in round 2.

The day was humorous, as firstly, my friend got hit in the face from a footy when the teams were practicing at the start (heard quite a few laughs). I had only takin my view off him for a second but i heard the noise and could barely contain myself from exploding with laughter.

Secondly, we were checking the updated scores of the other games being played near the end of the first quarter. My mate then said to me, 'did you see how freo only beat carlton by ten points?' with my reply being 'Yeah dude the dockers are pretty ****in shit' quite loudly. When the quarter time siren rang i saw the back of someone who looked rather familiar sitting directly in front of me and it was none other than chris 'tubbs' connoly himself. I asked my friend if it was who i suspected and he nodded, which followed by us irrupting with laughter. Other people begain to hassle him (not us) which resulted in him not coming back after quarter time.

Later on when the eagles had established a healthy lead, an unimpressed crow supporter, whom looked like the biggest bogan i had ever seen (he had an early 90s supporter hat on, long feral hair, teeth that looked as yellow and flimsey as ever and a young asian woman whom i swore he must have had sent over via 15 grand and a plane ticket curtesy of a filipeeno family living in the provinces wanting their daughter to have a better life), started yelling abuse at me from behind with spit spraying from his lips as he talked. I humbly ignored him as i waved my flag and enjoyed what looked like a certain coasters victory. The winging continued through out the game and the crows with the aid of the breeze and some fine goal kicking by Ricciuto came back. Wispering to my mate that i was tempted to smack out the idiots teeth if the crows came up with the goods and if he continued to abuse me, a couple of intense minutes followed where adelaide had snagged the lead only to lose it with not long to go resulting in a 2 point west coast win, ensured no battles.

Port unsuspectingly beat the swans in sydney that day and on the walk home my mate with his power guernsey on and my eagles flag in his hands, waved at crow supporters driving off in their cars and gained 6 one finger salutes in a row for his effort, capping off an interesting and memorable day.

I was at anzac day in the late 90s and there was a collingwood supporter who was off his head and shouting out during the minutes silence calling bruce ruxton a racist etc etc which most of us around him where not to happy about(he is entitled to his opinion but time and place not appropriate) There was a women(also a collingwood supporter) that gave him a great serve which he deserved. He could not take it so he belted her. I reckon half a dozen of us got up at once and the guy Sh!t himself and run off like a little girl. Its the first time I have seen Collingwood and Essendon supporters so united against 1 person on anzac day.

I think I speak for the majority of Australians here... I was guilty also of falling for the hype surrounding Australia's success at the World Cup. As well as supporting Australia because it was Australia, I began actually thinking that Soccer wasn't all that bad. When we almost got robbed by the referee in the Japan game though, I had misgivings. Actually, before we came back the 15 people i was watching the game with unanimously decided that they would never watch this shit sport again if we ended up losing.
Hahaha Classic :D
Best bandwagoner comment I've heard in ages!

Last Saturday night me and 15 mates had a big one. Hungover the next day, we unanimously decided that if we threw up, we would never drink again!

But to be truthful, I'll probably be on the piss again the coming weekend.
Just like you'll be on the bandwagon again when the next World Cup rolls around.

I was at Transformers last night and a kid was kicking my chair all night. Right at the very start I asked the kid nicely to not do it, but he kept going. I held my toung, but jeez did I want to throttle the little barstard and am still pissed I didn't at least make him cry. What reallt pissed me off is his mother heard me yet did nothing to stop the little bastard.

In that situation you couldv'e got a bit angry but at the match there was no politely asking just "Stop ****ing kicking my chair"

Once saw a big dust up at telstra dome in an essendon bulldogs game. Wouldnt be surprised if someone on here saw it actually, gathered quite a large crowd. Was i think in 2003, maybe 04. 2 older blokes were complaining about some sort of treatment to one of the women with them and wouldnt stop harassing 5 or 6 little pocket rocket looking ethnic blokes so they absoloutely went to town on these 2 older guys. Was pretty sickening, especially for my 12 year old sister

I reckon I was there

Bottom level half-forward flank?

Alternatively, the best thing i've seen or heard was at the state of origin at the g' back in 89. the vics had handed the bogans a hiding and everyone in the crowd was on board. the saddest thing was a teenage aboriginal boy was there with his mates and everyone was high fiving and shaking hands with each other and this kid said that this was the nicest that melbourne had ever been to him. i was as pissed as but after hearing him say that i sobered up real quick. the corner hotel and the cricketers arms were chockers and it's was the best footy atmosphere ever.

Alternatively, the best thing i've seen or heard was at the state of origin at the g' back in 89. the vics had handed the bogans a hiding and everyone in the crowd was on board. the saddest thing was a teenage aboriginal boy was there with his mates and everyone was high fiving and shaking hands with each other and this kid said that this was the nicest that melbourne had ever been to him. i was as pissed as but after hearing him say that i sobered up real quick. the corner hotel and the cricketers arms were chockers and it's was the best footy atmosphere ever.

I can't recall the Vic representative team taking on Collingwood that year.

essendon supporter's crying in their thousands after the '99' prelim final was the worst thing i have ever witnessed at the footy. it was pretty funny as well.

That was one of the best things Ive ever seen.

Cheers for reminding me.

I actually on holiday in sunny Croatia and was thinking just before - what could be better than this?

Now, as I laze about in 34 degree heat, alternating between swims in crystal clear water and dead cheap pints, Ill hark back to that fantastic moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was one of the best things Ive ever seen.

Cheers for reminding me.

I actually on holiday in sunny Croatia and was thinking just before - what could be better than this?

Now, as I laze about in 34 degree heat, alternating between swims in crystal clear water and dead cheap pints, Ill hark back to that fantastic moment.

And the best bit was they had to fold up their plastic chairs and go home after giving those of us in the ticket queue heaps. Also, Kennett got the flick and in went Bracksy.

Well where do i start?
s

Was it the Essendon St Kilda match at Waverly Park when the lights went out where 100's of fans'/hooligans stormed the playing surface ripping down the goal posts and setting fires to the field?:thumbsdown:

Still upset was only 10 and missed the ending oh well we won:)

Or the pre seaon cup match at Waverly mid ninties (sometime) Ess V Haw when a fan was beaten whilst2 men held his arms behind his back:thumbsdown:

The last was the final against Port in SA wheni was grabbed by a stewared when i crossed the dreaded yellow line whilt trying to enjoy a West End Drought:eek:

I went to the second showdown with a Port mate and watched a great game.
Not far from us was a grandmother ( decked out in black and white ) she wouldv'e been about 75, could tell she had lived a hard life.She was obviously there with her family with grand kids in tow and was getting fairly well tanked well before half time. The foul abuse she was giving every Crow player and then supporters was getting rougher and rougher as the game went on. Then we heard her little grandkids ( from 5yo to about 10yo ) start to copy her foul mouth .
Even some port supporters were getting a little uneasy as it was obviously going to get out of hand. Soon people were looking at the kids parents to intervene...well I ,along with dozens of others noticed Mummy and Daddy calming the kids down by giving them gulps of the Jim Beam they had smuggled in.
By the last term Grandma was was not far from a spew and her grandkids were following her lead. The parents just watched the footy and hurled abuse at anyone who looked like looking at them.
When the Crows won in what was a great game, the "family" gave a 10 minute tirade using every expletive possible toward everything crow.

After they were eventually asked to make a move..the parents picked up a now vomiting grandma ( but still giving abuse ) woke up the youngest kid ( who looked like death warmed up )) and yelled at the other kids to carry their bags and began to leave.

It must have taken them an hour just to get out the stadium.

I, along with my Port mate, were pleased we had seen a great game, but left the stadium in silence along with anyone else who had wittnessed one of the saddest things ever.

Reminds me of this famous photo of John Barnes from a few years ago:

26.jpg

The commentator was funny. "The game is being held up for the removal of some tropical fruit".

Was sitting in the MCC and a guy infront of us got up to get some food and forgot to put something on his seat. A guy came and sat on the seat and we said that someone was sitting there and hes said F*** them its a free world.

Just an ******** who takes someone elses seats

think it was in 04. a bunch of east perth fans tried starting fights with east Fremantle players and from wat i heard one of the east freo players hit one of them ferals and was all in. the year before that apparently someone threw half a house brick at south Fremantles mascot and the bloke inside the suit ended up with a broken jaw n busted up face

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the worst action you've seen or heard that was committed by AFL footy fans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back