What kind of cars have you owned?

Remove this Banner Ad

1979 Ford TE Cortina - First car at 17yo
1976 Chrysler by Chrysler - Chrysler brown with a vinyl roof 360 motor and everything push button. The best air con in the world. Arm rests for every seat. Fantstic car that was.
1985 XJ Jaguar - Never again
1982 VC Commodore - Good car. Lasted five years and never a problem. Served its purpose well.
1987 Ford Fairmont Ghia - Luxury all the way. It had Lpg, was cheap to run. Never any mechanical problems. It always started within 3 seconds from turning the key. I would probably still be driving it today if that ******** didnt rear end me and write it off.
1991 NA Fairlane - How do you go better than a Fairmont ghia. A Fairlane. Luxury again but started having problems at the end.
1996 EL Fairmont - Nice car to drive well thats what my wife tells me. I went and bought a Xf for a runaround car.

Originally posted by maccas_no1
I envy you is your Xr6 the turbo?????*drools*

I like my XR6 (EL) going to do some mods on it when I get the money;)

No, when I put my order in I didn't think I could afford a Turbo. But once it was ordered and I found out how much discount I was getting I could have got a turbo.

No matter though - this one has enough under the bonnet to keep me happy (and more importantly means I wont kill myself in a turbo).

Spent all my money on the sound system and internals.

Originally posted by Watto
Want to get a bmw z3 or z4 when older....anyone know if they're any good?

Dont waste your time on them.They are overpriced buckets of junk.I have driven one and apart from feeling like your squashed in the are very uncomfortable to sit in as well as the fact that the suspension is so hard that you feel every bump on the road.
For $70k there is definately better value around

I drove a $100K Holden Grange the other day, and I have to say that whilst it is a very nice car, I just can't help but think that everyday consumer cars don't get much better over $50k-$60k... You might get more gadgets, but in reality, is that what matters?

1981 VB commodore
1988 SAAB 9000
1993 Nissan pulsar sss
1995 Nissan 200sx (first car i bought brand new - absolutely flew)
2004 Commodore S (not happy with it at all, should've got an SS, no power in 6 cylinders)

and later this year i'm hoping to trade in the missus's bmw316i for a new Impreza WRX sti, give the lame arse commodore to her.

Next 'dream car' after the wrx is a mercedes clk55 or a bmw m3, and a coupla years after that i want a porsche gt2 turbo, if i can get that by time i'm 38 i will do backflips. Gotta have goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1980 Daihatsu Charade. Had rusty doors that flapped in the wind, but could go 1000km on the hint of the existence of an oily rag. Was taken out by a cow in a Honda Prelude who didn't know that you give way to traffic going straight ahead at the traffic lights.

Shared a 1977 Gemini (in that nice Gemini green) named the "Green Demon" with the rest of my family for many years as an "emergency" car. Mostly used by my brothers though as I usually had an alternate car.

1986 Hyundai Excel. Got backed into in the Uni car park the first night I owned it when doing an all nighter. Sold it for $200 because I was going overseas.

1996 Nissan Pulsar. Owned this for six months (at the same time as the Excel). Nicer car, but the Excel was safer to leave at train stations. Sold this one as well to go overseas.

Didn't drive a car for two years after that

1999 Nissan Pulsar. Its a nice enough car, nothing special, but noone wants to steal it, it uses very little petrol, and gets me around fine. Been across the country and back without any real problems so I'm happy with it.

1972 GLX Cortina.. gawd I loved that car... death trap though she was.. Christine baby.. come back..

1981 TD Gemini that I rode in brand new .. as it was my mates Dad's car and we picked it up from the showroom with him. Didn't see it for about ten years from 85 when my mate and I went our seperate ways. Then met up with him, became mates again and.. he had the Gem.. which he was about to sell for doing his licence DD'ing.. so I bought it for $800 and had it up until...

Last month when the rego ran out and it died it's final (been on life support awhile) death. Sad/funny thing was that my friends old man died recently too and his family reckon the car wanted to 'go with him'.

So.. no car of my own atm but driving another mates '2nd car' which is some rubbishy commodore thing from the mid-eighties.

Still.. beats paying for a replacement outta my own pocket i guess.

Silver 1971 HQ Holden Premier. Bench seat in the front and three on the tree. 202 motor. Great car and virtually indestructible, until it cracked a piston half way to VFL Park in 1983

Last edited:
1978 Ford Cortina - absolute lemon
1984 Ford Laser - brilliant little car
1999 Hyundai Excel - ok but didn't have it for long as I moved overseas about a year after getting it
2004 Ford Focus - good but sold it after a year to get something bigger
2005 Ford Escape - loved this car
2013 Nissan Pulsar - like it so far

2005 Mercedes-Benz E350 Avantgarde
2007 Land Rover Discovery 3 HSE TDV6
2015 Volvo V40 Cross Country T5 Luxury

The Volvo's the best of the lot.

1985 Ford Meteor - junk pile my dad bought from the council impound for $150. Great first car.
1988 Toyota Corolla - junk pile my grandpa bought so my sister and I could both have cars.
1994 Nissan Pulsar SSS - first car I bought from my own. Great fun to drive. I still have this but it's falling to bits.
2011 Ford Focus - Dat mining boom money.

I bought a 1976 Mini S with less than 50k on the clock when I was planning to get a license, my old man sold it when I was overseas, only car I've ever owned. Aside from that it was notable for my brother getting caught drink driving in it, and doing a Patsy, and falling out of the car when he tried to open the door.

Remove this Banner Ad

What kind of cars have you owned?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back