What More.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Did people want.....??
4 wins 2 losses
In the 8
Team still not clickn to the new game plan , yet......see above.....
And we now have....... Savage , Shiels , Sucking ,Smith , Puopolo , to put pressure on the age'n list...........:thumbsu:
People need to take a breath and enjoy whats good right now.......:heart:...:footy:

If you are not at all concerned by what you just witnessed, or where we are going, then I want whatever you are smoking.

The kids are great, but that's about it.

Plenty i didn't like in the first 2 1/2 quarters tonight, but I did like this.

Smith and Puopolo

Roughhead in the ruck

Mitchell everywhere

Savage as a sub - Would have liked him about halfway through the 3rd, but coaches not prepared to risk an injury, and seeing we knew they were short of fit players, thats a sensible decision, no point handing back the advantage.

Hodge's last quarter and a half. Started doing more Hodge things

Sewell breaking tackles again.

Renouf's marking and goals

Bit more than just the kids. Need to tweek the press / zone. It works ok when its on song, we force turnovers and look good, but its too easily beaten, and then they have easy inside 50's and easy goals against us. Maybe we need to find a way to get a sweeper behind it, so there is a backup guy, kind of like a sweeper in soccer, or the safety in gridiron?

Did people want.....??
4 wins 2 losses
In the 8
And we now have....... Savage , Shiels , Sucking ,Smith , Puopolo , to put pressure on the age'n list...........:thumbsu:
People need to take a breath and enjoy whats good right now.......:heart:...:footy:

At the very least I wanted to watch a performance that suggested we were serious contenders.
Only just beating a team that was recently beaten by a TAC cup team on its own turf, and then more recently smashed by the Roos was not enough for me i'm afraid.

I am extremely keen to hear what peoples thoughts are relative to what isn't 'clicking' and what needs to 'click' re our game plan, because I would seriously like to take on and have trust in your positive outlook.

Did people want.....??
4 wins 2 losses
In the 8

My heart wants to share your optimism but my head tells me it is completely unfounded. Simply it refuses to be tricked.

While it loked iffy in the first 3 qrtrs, from 2 mins into the last you knew we had it in the bag.

Rememeber we alos won many close wins late last year

give us time - we are on track for 3rd or 4th

Plenty i didn't like in the first 2 1/2 quarters tonight, but I did like this.

Smith and Puopolo

Roughhead in the ruck

Mitchell everywhere

Savage as a sub - Would have liked him about halfway through the 3rd, but coaches not prepared to risk an injury, and seeing we knew they were short of fit players, thats a sensible decision, no point handing back the advantage.

Hodge's last quarter and a half. Started doing more Hodge things

Sewell breaking tackles again.

Renouf's marking and goals

Bit more than just the kids. Need to tweek the press / zone. It works ok when its on song, we force turnovers and look good, but its too easily beaten, and then they have easy inside 50's and easy goals against us. Maybe we need to find a way to get a sweeper behind it, so there is a backup guy, kind of like a sweeper in soccer, or the safety in gridiron?[/quote
Plenty there Bards.....;)

Oh , No....... Rioli , Stratton , Suckling , Ossie , Hale , Bruce
and a few that we will see soon.....;)

Mate there is something wrong with our mighty club,

These wins against bottom 4 clubs paint over the cracks.

It's great to be positive but even better to be realistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the very least I wanted to watch a performance that suggested we were serious contenders.
Only just beating a team that was recently beaten by a TAC cup team on its own turf, and then more recently smashed by the Roos was not enough for me i'm afraid.

I am extremely keen to hear what peoples thoughts are relative to what isn't 'clicking' and what needs to 'click' re our game plan, because I would seriously like to take on and have trust in your positive outlook.

My heart wants to share your optimism but my head tells me it is completely unfounded. Simply it refuses to be tricked.
All about opion's boys ......:thumbsu:
Will bump this and will be happy to eat humble pie at years end if we are not in a prelim........

Everyone who thought we were going to come out and win by 20 goals are kidding themselves. Port were always going to come hard at us after the week they had in the press.

What i didnt like though was the fact we got smashed in the clearances early and got exposed for pace in the middle. This could be a structural thing or could be because we weren't switched on early, im not sure. When Port got the ball at a stoppage they ran it out of there with ease. When that happened our defense was exposed as they were zoning off their opponents and there were plenty of free Port players inside 50 or at least plenty of space for them to run into. That was the worst sign for me.

We also lacked run tonight. How stagnant were we going forward?? I know we have to use the ball well going forward and decision making is crucial but if we had a few more guys running hard into space a lot more opportunities would have been created in our F50 IMO. I thought we looked slow and reactive for 3 quarters and didn't seem to play on nearly as much as we have in the first 5 games.

Good things were Puopolo, Smith, Shiels and Savage. All look like great young players who will make the grade. I loved Renoufs work in the ruck. He provided a real contest and even gave our midfielders first use on quite a few occassions. He has come on since last year as a ruckman IMO. Roughie worked well as a 2nd ruck too. I dont think we need Hale. He is too slow and doesnt impact the game enough for me.
Hodge struggled early but showed some real good signs in the 2nd half, i am hopeful he will be at his best sooner rather than later.

Sam Mitchell = gun. Brad Sewell = back to his best.

The other thing that stood out for me was oh how we miss Benny Stratton! I hope like hell Schoey can step up and play as a competitive CHB before the end of the season.

Although it wasnt pretty at times there is still life in the 2011 season yet!

Good thread HBD. :thumbsu:

Mitchell, Sewell, Gibbo... all very good.

The much maligned Ellis, Renouf and Murphy also very good.

Sometimes it is about the 4 points.. and plenty of people doubted we'd get up tonight... and we did... with a MUCH younger side than Port. Add the Rioli run.... and we'll get better.

I for one... am pleased with the 4 points.... you can only beat who you play....

Always respect your posts Roswell. How good were the kids tonight? Shiels, Smith, Pup and Savage. All look to have a long future with the HFC. A lot to like about the future I reckon.

Mate there is something wrong with our mighty club,

These wins against bottom 4 clubs paint over the cracks.

It's great to be positive but even better to be realistic.

Hey, just give up for the year.
It's over!

Let us support the club - you can go and watch Collingwood :eek:

Did people want.....??
4 wins 2 losses
In the 8

Did you see the game tonight?

For some strange reason a lot of our supporters seemed afraid of losing before the game and yet expected us to dominate every minute of the same game. Just remember all you Negative Nellies out there, not even Collingwood dominates every quarter and they are in first gear at the moment.

The league is a lot closer than many think and we are not yet at Collingwood's level to have such expectation of dominating teams from start to finish. Yes we are stuttering but we are stuttering and winning in 2nd gear. That is presently enough to beat at least 10 sides at the minute. Improvement will come.

If you can't see the scope for improvement you aren't looking hard enough.

For some strange reason a lot of our supporters seemed afraid of losing before the game and yet expected us to dominate every minute of the same game. Just remember all you Negative Nellies out there, not even Collingwood dominates every quarter and they are in first gear at the moment.

The league is a lot closer than many think and we are not yet at Collingwood's level to have such expectation of dominating teams from start to finish. Yes we are stuttering but we are stuttering and winning in 2nd gear. That is presently enough to beat at least 10 sides at the minute. Improvement will come.

If you can't see the scope for improvement you aren't looking hard enough.

To add to that is; the sign of a great team is a team that still wins when it is not playing at its best. 4 from 6 and we are yet to put 4 quarters together. Plus we only lost to the unbeaten Cats by 19 points when we played pretty poorly as well. Another 8 wins from 16 games will see us in the top 8. 10 will see us most likely in the top 4.

Yeah I think people are underestimating the fact that Port were always goiing to be very eager to bounce back.....teams have constantly been losing after byes this season, and ffs we never win in adelaide no matter how bad the team! But yeah definately didn't play well enough in the first 2 1/2 quarters

And from ground level Matty the enthusiasm and the yap of those kids was first rate. Do not leave out Whitecross. Exceptional. The kid will be a player. Use of ball when he is confident is outstanding.

Murph came in off a limited pre season. Ellis obviously responded to his rocket with a clever and error free game tonight. Renouf is getting better and better and in ruckman terms is a baby.

Port were tough tonight. Gave us no space inside 50. They played as well as they have for quite some time. They took way more risks. Played on at every opportunity and used the ball at about 85% first qtr.....Credit to them.... they rebounded from a massive smashing in the press.

Im bloody proud of the way we fought that out tonight.

Good to hear mate. I think a lot of people on these boards forget that 2 sides play each game. I thought Port ran hard all night, their zone was effective and they took us on. The loss of Rodan effected them massively as he pretty much fed Pearce every one of his possessions as well. We had a bit more run in the end and that proved to be the difference. I will admit I got frustrated at times but the boys stuck to it and to come away with a 5 goal win from any interstate venue is always good.

Remove this Banner Ad

What More.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back