What releases are you looking forward to this year ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 24, 2004
Guantanomo Bay
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
COG is defineately at the top of my list ... "the new normal" gets better every listen , but sophmore efforts are always difficult . Very talented boys , could be anything .

what are you looking forward to ?

COG is defineately at the top of my list ... "the new normal" gets better every listen , but sophmore efforts are always difficult . Very talented boys , could be anything .

what are you looking forward to ?
Going b the 4 or 5 new tunes i heard them play late last year, i dont think we have much to be worried about dude. They were awesome!

I saw Shihad last night at Ding Dong in Melbourne and apart from being one of the best gigs i've been to in years, it was also an awesome indication that their next album will be an absolute corker! They played 5 or 6 new tunes and they were absolute hook fests, but still rocked as hard as ever.

Cant wait!

Chris Cornell has a solo album in the works but to be honest i'm kinda apprehensive. His voice just cant so the same things it used to be able to do and i have no idea where his head's at musically anymore after the completely uninspiring Audioslave output of recent years and that Bond tune kinda leaves me cold too. I'll still buy it of course and can only hope for a return to form...

Cog have to get out of the country before they can get to work on their next album, let alone release it!!! The last thing I heard they were having major visa issues.
I'm sure they'll work it out, tho. And when they do, their new album is my 2nd most anticipated release of '07.
Why second? Coz RUSH are releasing in '07!!!!!
Other than that, apparently Machine Head are releasing in '07. Big fan from way back, can't wait.
Have heard rumours that Opeth are working on a newie, and may be ready by the end of the year. AWESOME if that does happen.
Also: Dark Tranquility, and will Chinese Democracy see the light of day this year????????

Can't wait for the new Kings of Leon album.

AC/dc latest one is due out this year & also it'll be interesting to hear Guns & roses "chinese Democracy" when it's finished. Also i don't have high hopes for it but the new metallica one as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AC/dc latest one is due out this year & also it'll be interesting to hear Guns & roses "chinese Democracy" when it's finished. Also i don't have high hopes for it but the new metallica one as well.

Mr Magoo, where did you hear this? I have been on their website and can't find anything on it. I hope it's true though.

I also can't wait for the new Tomahawk CD (as well as a possible Peeping Tom tour later in the year).

Chris Cornell has a solo album in the works but to be honest i'm kinda apprehensive. His voice just cant so the same things it used to be able to do and i have no idea where his head's at musically anymore after the completely uninspiring Audioslave output of recent years and that Bond tune kinda leaves me cold too. I'll still buy it of course and can only hope for a return to form...

Yep, looking forward to this for sure. Agree on Audioslave too, seems to be a few good tunes an each album but rest is just yawn. Ive heard his Billie Jean cover and found it quite good and apparently that will make it onto album.

Looking forward to new NIN, COG, Silverchair and Metallica also.

Anathema's 'Everything' is finally coming out this year - looking forward to that one. The few new tracks I've heard all sound pretty good, 'No One Is Free' probably the best so far... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWcfFpbNfpo

Also Mors Principium Est's "Liberation = Termination", although already leaked, doesn't come out to Feb or March I think. Not as good as their awesome last album 'The Unborn', but still one I'll be buying.

Also the new ones from Metallica, Bullet For My Valentine, Apocalyptica (Dave Lombardo is drumming again on this one :thumbsu: - hopefully he does the whole album), Opeth, Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Shadow's Fall, Linkin Park and GNR.

Although I didn't like their last two, a bit like Metallica, I still would like to hear Manowar's new one, in hope that they return to their former classics. A bit the same with Megadeth's new one.

I heard INXS may be releasing a new album sometime this year, if true I will be counting down the days :thumbsu:

I heard INXS may be releasing a new album sometime this year, if true I will be counting down the days :thumbsu:

Will be interesting what it sounds like, didnt really enjoy Switch compared with their back catalogue. Hutchence really was the heart of that band and sadly I think without him they will never reach the heights of before.

We have already had Little Barrie, Sonic Youth and The Shins (The Shins will be hard to top)
But also I am looking forward to
The Hives
The Stooges
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Kings Of Leon
Bloc Party
Modest Mouse
Oasis
Wilco
The Bees
Air
Talib Kwali
Outkast
The Mess Hall
New Young Pony Club
The Klaxons
The Dead 60's

And bands which I dont really like but are releasing albums this year
Radiohead
Arcade Fire
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Should be a good year.

Remove this Banner Ad

What releases are you looking forward to this year ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back