What should I expect from Jordan Lisle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Big unit, wouldn't be surprised if he's one of those guys that goes back to state/metro/country footy and kicks bags of goals, but can't quite cut it at the highest level.

Jordan was a terrific club man and team player when he played for the BHH so if he returns to Melbourne it would be good to see him return to the club. When he transferred to Brisbane I suspected he had some issues with his knees which impacted on his agility. In his first game for the Hawks Jordan presented well and marked strongly however his nerves got the better of him and his kicking for goal got progressively worse to the point that he seemed afraid to win the ball and was subbed off. The importance of self belief and confidence cannot be underestimated. I wish Jordan all the best for the future.

Don't know if it was his broken jaw but he was just too timid. Was rarely hungry for the pill and didn't use his bulk.
Dropped his head quite a bit in his last year at Box Hill.

Jordan was a terrific club man and team player when he played for the BHH so if he returns to Melbourne it would be good to see him return to the club. When he transferred to Brisbane I suspected he had some issues with his knees which impacted on his agility. In his first game for the Hawks Jordan presented well and marked strongly however his nerves got the better of him and his kicking for goal got progressively worse to the point that he seemed afraid to win the ball and was subbed off. The importance of self belief and confidence cannot be underestimated. I wish Jordan all the best for the future.

I remember his last game for Hawthorn back in 2011 against Collingwood when we got smashed, Lisle was really good down back that day. I think he had a jaw injury in that game which required surgery and ended up missing the rest of the year and then was traded.

Dropped his head quite a bit in his last year at Box Hill.
Yeah, same in his first year at the Lions. He worked through that, but remained timid. Also hard when comparing against the likes of Browny.

I remember his last game for Hawthorn back in 2011 against Collingwood when we got smashed, Lisle was really good down back that day. I think he had a jaw injury in that game which required surgery and ended up missing the rest of the year and then was traded.

I got the impression that Lisle's biggest problem was kicking, not just goal kicking but field kicking. He seeemed to be a big, strong-marking forward and looked good in his few games for the club, but he was an awkward kick.

I know a poster on another Hawk Forum who was initially very angry that Clarko had delisted him merely for his kicking, but he may have changed his views now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just after he was drafted, I was a very big fan of his and thought he could truly make it. Unfortunately never really burst out of the pack and show he really wanted it.

He does have some ability no doubt, but he is one of those players who is stuck between being to good for State leagues and not quite good enough for AFL

Just after he was drafted, I was a very big fan of his and thought he could truly make it. Unfortunately never really burst out of the pack and show he really wanted it.

He does have some ability no doubt, but he is one of those players who is stuck between being to good for State leagues and not quite good enough for AFL

Timing was a problem for him. I think he showed more in terms of forward presence in his games for us than Tim O'Brien has so far (for example). Lisle's problem was upstairs - I rated him one of the best pack marks at the club when he left.

Timing was a problem for him. I think he showed more in terms of forward presence in his games for us than Tim O'Brien has so far (for example). Lisle's problem was upstairs - I rated him one of the best pack marks at the club when he left.

Yeah very true. Had to compete with two of the best forwards we have had in a long time, which unfortunately for him didn't allow him to get consistent top grade footy

Remove this Banner Ad

What should I expect from Jordan Lisle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back