What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless JJ massively improves i'd be giving Richards his spot when he returns from injury. I'm not his biggest fan but long term I would rather hold onto him than JJ.
might not be popular but I’d trade JJ. He has stagnated and if it continues his trade value will plummet. Cash in while we can. He’s not best 22 in my opinion and will probably yo-yo between the AFL and VFL sides going forward. Might be best for both parties if he moves on to a club desperate for what he can bring.

Not that I know of. Depends what you mean by old days. I'm in my 50s They played a couple of intra club matches 10 - 20 years ago there. Maybe when WO was being first redeveloped.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

That must be it! I seem to recall reading in Dougies book about them training there, may have been during his Braybrook days!

And I’d absolutely keep Schache. He has years ahead of him and he’s showing real ability. I always thought this thing about him being timid was bollocks. He competes for pack marks, tackles, does what you expect of a 200cm player. He’s no Naughton but it doesn’t mean he’s not competitive. If we trade we would get peanuts for a player with huge upside. We can’t always expect to have all our forwards fit and firing, so he is a natural replacement when needed.

Not that I know of. Depends what you mean by old days. I'm in my 50s They played a couple of intra club matches 10 - 20 years ago there. Maybe when WO was being first redeveloped.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
I believe we played a few pre-season practice matches there in the 80s if I remember correctly

Article about Ed Richards seems speculative at best. Realistically he's been a constant best 22 since his draft year, playing 21, 20 and 17 game seasons. We've even kept him in the side when out of form so there shouldn't be too much concern about opportunity for him.

There wouldn't be many players from his draft with more games played.

Great to hear he's going well :thumbsu:

Riewoldt talking us up on the couch and all Lyon has to say is they did it against a team that never turned up. Can’t wait for Melbourne to lose.

Now Lyon talked down Riewoldt saying king should be playing with the effort naughton does. Lyon said naughton wouldn’t work as hard as he does at the dogs if he was at the Suns

I f****** hate Lyon. Always have. He’s the only reason I hate Melbourne as well.

And I’d absolutely keep Schache. He has years ahead of him and he’s showing real ability. I always thought this thing about him being timid was bollocks. He competes for pack marks, tackles, does what you expect of a 200cm player. He’s no Naughton but it doesn’t mean he’s not competitive. If we trade we would get peanuts for a player with huge upside. We can’t always expect to have all our forwards fit and firing, so he is a natural replacement when needed.
I would too, unless we can get a first rounder for him (unlikely), but here's a hypothetical:

What if Naughton has a week off soon with a minor injury and Schache comes in to replace him and kicks 7 or 8? How do we shape the forwards the following week?

Bruce won't be dropped. Do we play 3-4 talls up forward? Do we send Schache back to the Twos?

None of them are defenders apart from Naughton and I think the debate about sending him back to defence is now over. So do we play Timmy as a defender instead of a forward?

And then to make it even more difficult, what if JUH kicks 7-8 goals in the VFL the same week?

I believe we played a few pre-season practice matches there in the 80s if I remember correctly
Also in the 90s, if my memory serves me correctly.

Pre-season matches have been played there and at least 1 reserves game as well.

Yes. It's weird. And if the vfl & women's are the only ones going to use it, why did they mention Bont in the article? And why revamp the WO including training facilities???

I believe it will be mainly VFL and VFLW but what many seem to be missing is that the article states that it will be from the start of 2022 and what else is happening in 2022? Heavy construction on the Whitten Oval redevelopment is due to start so it's feasible that our senior AFL/AFLW teams could also use Skinner at various points during construction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d think Richards (if not injured) would be in this side currently. He stays.

Seems to be a popular player as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I don't think Ed is best 22 at present. Preseason he was in the 2s prior to his injury.

With Daniel and Dale pretty secure as the attacking/rebounding back flankers and the wings being taken by a combo of Treloar, Smith mainly and a bit of Hunter and Lipi, that leaves Ed slugging it out with VDM, Lipinski, JJ, Hunter and others for a forward flank/outside role, for mine he's a few rungs down that pecking order at present.

By no means am I writing him off but he is borderline best 22 at very best.

I don't think Ed is best 22 at present. Preseason he was in the 2s prior to his injury.

With Daniel and Dale pretty secure as the attacking/rebounding back flankers and the wings being taken by a combo of Treloar, Smith mainly and a bit of Hunter and Lipi, that leaves Ed slugging it out with VDM, Lipinski, JJ, Hunter and others for a forward flank/outside role, for mine he's a few rungs down that pecking order at present.

Definitely - more so a speculative comment - that I believe he would’ve pushed out one of JJ, Scott, McNeil, Lipinski by now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can see him moving past Bruce as the 3rd tall forward in a year or two.

This is brilliant by the club/council. Much needed investment in better community sporting facilities in the west, particularly Braybrook which is such a pivotal area in our history.

We used to occasionally train there/hold preseason matches there in the old days too didn't we?
Can you believe there were some that opposed the redevelopment?

He was best 22 on preseason form after finally going back to the HBF , but you are right Not best 22 in Bevo’s eyes, Scott somehow overtook him On the HBF before Scott was shifted to the fwd line. Richards out of form is still an upgrade on Scott’s best but Bevo treats the more gifted players harder. Maybe he is trying to prove a point to them and make them more complete players, but there is a risk we could lose a couple of stars and retain VFL standard battlers

I would too, unless we can get a first rounder for him (unlikely), but here's a hypothetical:

What if Naughton has a week off soon with a minor injury and Schache comes in to replace him and kicks 7 or 8? How do we shape the forwards the following week?

Bruce won't be dropped. Do we play 3-4 talls up forward? Do we send Schache back to the Twos?

None of them are defenders apart from Naughton and I think the debate about sending him back to defence is now over. So do we play Timmy as a defender instead of a forward?

And then to make it even more difficult, what if JUH kicks 7-8 goals in the VFL the same week?
This is the Bulldogs board mate...we're not prepared to have such discussions. To do it right you should be asking questions about what happens when Naughton, Bruce, Schache and JUH are all injured and English is being played in defense.

This is the Bulldogs board mate...we're not prepared to have such discussions. To do it right you should be asking questions about what happens when Naughton, Bruce, Schache and JUH are all injured and English is being played in defense.

The goals will kick themselves

Can anyone explain why the ghost Sam Lloyd is still haunting our team page...?

Screenshot_20210422-075746_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back