What to do with Lucas?

Remove this Banner Ad

BURN HIM!

He's a WITCH!

Holy_grail_witch_burn_small.jpg

I've already offloaded Lucas and grabbed S Dew, $380k > $160k.

I know I should have waited until Friday to make sure Dew plays this week but Dew will more than likely go up in $$$ after round 3 IMO. May look to use him as a cash cow.

With the extra $220k saving I intend to swap Hudson at the Bulldogs for D Cox. Cox looks like he's had a OK preseason and this week v's an inexperienced Crows ruck division should poll well again. Can't see Cox dropping in $$$ unless he gets injured, which is the same for everyone.

AS a West Coast fan I'm kicking myself I didn't grab a few more hand ball happy Eagles HBFers. :(

After bombing out with 1400 points in my first ever DT week I just need to load up. The only good thing is out of my 5 $83k project players four played and played well. Hopefully their $$ go up and I can upgrade to get a few more guns.

I agree with the notion of swapping Lucas for Lloyd. I think Lloydy will get a lot more of the pill playing up the ground with Lucus out. Similiar to how Lucas got a lot of the ball last year with Lloyd out. With no Lucas and the young running brigade of the bombers, Lloyd's odds for the Coleman should have dropped a fair bit, I reckon.

Not sure about getting Dew. There were a number of Hawks players out of the side last week and he may find it hard to get 100+ numbers (let a lone a game) with Hodge, Crawf, Lewis etc back in the team.

as long as dew scores well in the next 3 games i dont care :).. he can get dropped for the season after rnd 5 and thats fine by me :p

show me the monaaaayyyy!!!

as long as dew scores well in the next 3 games i dont care :).. he can get dropped for the season after rnd 5 and thats fine by me :p

show me the monaaaayyyy!!!

Jumping on and back off every player who is gonna shoot up will leave you with no trades half way through the season.

But have fun with that :thumbsu:

im not planning to do it with anyone else.. its just, in my opinion, the best way to get something out of the lucas injury. swap lucas for dew, sell dew, get a premium gun.

Getting Lloyd, Franklin or O'Keefe seems to be the logical thing to do - unless you've got the funds to get B Johnson, Pav, Roo, etc.

Another option I'm considering is waiting 'til round three or four for someone's price to drop. Could cover Lucas with Rioli or Tippett.

Anyway, it's probably best to do trades on Friday, when you can be reasonably sure that the player you're trading for will actually be playing.

I've already offloaded Lucas and grabbed S Dew, $380k > $160k.

I know I should have waited until Friday to make sure Dew plays this week but Dew will more than likely go up in $$$ after round 3 IMO. May look to use him as a cash cow.

With the extra $220k saving I intend to swap Hudson at the Bulldogs for D Cox. Cox looks like he's had a OK preseason and this week v's an inexperienced Crows ruck division should poll well again. Can't see Cox dropping in $$$ unless he gets injured, which is the same for everyone.

AS a West Coast fan I'm kicking myself I didn't grab a few more hand ball happy Eagles HBFers. :(

After bombing out with 1400 points in my first ever DT week I just need to load up. The only good thing is out of my 5 $83k project players four played and played well. Hopefully their $$ go up and I can upgrade to get a few more guns.
Making trades midweek is asking for trouble.Dew could do a hamstring at training tomorrow but seriously he wont go up that much whereby you can upgrade to a gun or half decent player.In my mind Dew has played his best game for the year and will struggle to score well over the course of the year.like someone said earlier you cant go jumping on players after 1 good game cause youll use up all your trades by round 11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucas (Inj) OUT

Okeefe (not Inj) IN

Possible, had a 37 v Port the last time they played. NO one has rated ROK this yr, why?

Next week.....Reilly....Geary should cover OK v the Blues. :thumbsu:

I do rate O'Keefe, but I'm not sure I want him in my 22 at the end of the season. He is a good choice, though.

I have Armitage on my bench with Palmer or Geary in my 22. I'm not sure if I should trade Armitage for Jack this weak and then use that money to trade Lucas for Chapman or if I should put Hill in for Lucas this week and then trade him next week for someone around the same price that is going well or someone cheaper that looks like having a break out year/getting back to good form after injury.

hahahah i am covering lucas by puttin either gamble or tippet in then after next week see if any of the top line forwards look like dropping and if none look like droppin then might trade but will probably almost definatley wait until after the price changes unless all look like moving up 10 plus K

hahahah i am covering lucas by puttin either gamble or tippet in then after next week see if any of the top line forwards look like dropping and if none look like droppin then might trade but will probably almost definatley wait until after the price changes unless all look like moving up 10 plus K

That's the one.

I wasn't planing on trading in the first 5 weeks... but my hand seems to be forced.

1 trade to upgrade Lucas to Chappie.
1 Trade to free up enough salary to do it... (by trading down a non-performing "mid" player to a performer.) So fair, it's looking like Griffen or hall... we'll see what happens this week though, I've got enough on the bench to cover Lucas for at least this round...

Can't believe no one's mentioned Shannon Grant. He gets a good run in the midfield, kicks goals and is capable of getting huge scores. Plus, he'll give you an extra 50k if you trade Lucas for him.

Reiwoldt needs to score over 100 both weeks before price changes to make sure he goes up pretty much so i am hoping he has like a game of 80 therefore probably needing 120 to break even. BJ doesnt look like coming down. Chappy is another ill be keeping my eyees on. Looks like he will probably drop the most..... so far anyway but anything could happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

What to do with Lucas?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back