What to do with picks 16 + 20

Remove this Banner Ad

If somebody has already said this I apologise - 16 + 20 and whatever it takes to Saints for Goddard.

They are probably gonna be rebuilding and could use the picks and we could use his quality for a crack at the big one shortly - You know it makes sense

When does trade year end?

Stupid things to say but ultimately if he is available at our picks it will only slightly affect our decision. I have noticed that over the last few years our recruiters are very discrete with showing their interest in potential draftees and I think at times it makes local draftees nervous about leaving and they get frustrated. I have read a lot of interviews with recently drafted Fremantle players and they often say that Freo recruiters hardly spoke to them or expressed verbal interest. All I'm saying is that there is a possibility that he wants to remain in WA but is annoyed that Fremantle hasn't given him any assurances or even expressed interest in drafting him with one of our first two selections, regardless of whether we are interested in him.

Stupid things to say but ultimately if he is available at our picks it will only slightly affect our decision. I have noticed that over the last few years our recruiters are very discrete with showing their interest in potential draftees and I think at times it makes local draftees nervous about leaving and they get frustrated. I have read a lot of interviews with recently drafted Fremantle players and they often say that Freo recruiters hardly spoke to them or expressed verbal interest. All I'm saying is that there is a possibility that he wants to remain in WA but is annoyed that Fremantle hasn't given him any assurances or even expressed interest in drafting him with one of our first two selections, regardless of whether we are interested in him.

Which is probably a good thing, as he may have splashed it all over failbook by now.

;)

aaron elari?

That's it.

Said he thought he would be overlooked again but said the kid finds the ball and can hit a target.

Smallish at 173cm but a natural footballer,21 next year - won the F&B in the Perth Colts.

From his bio from last year -

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble and why?
I best resemble Brett Kirk because he is passionate, hard working and has a do whatever it takes to win attitude.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
My strengths are my ball winning ability, my ability to find lots of the ball, my quick hands and I believe I'm a hard worker.

If we go tallish early - I'd like to see us add guys like this ....just need to snag one Sammy Mitchell type thorugh the rookie program and it will compliment our young group going forward.

I'd much rather grab a guy like this than say a Sandilands II and tie up a spot for the next 5 years.

That's it.

Said he thought he would be overlooked again but said the kid finds the ball and can hit a target.

Smallish at 173cm but a natural footballer,21 next year - won the F&B in the Perth Colts.

I best resemble Brett Kirk because he is passionate, hard working and has a do whatever it takes to win attitude.

My strengths are my ball winning ability, my ability to find lots of the ball, my quick hands and I believe I'm a hard worker.

If we go tallish early - I'd like to see us add guys like this ....just need to snag one Sammy Mitchell type thorugh the rookie program and it will compliment our young group going forward.

I'd much rather grab a guy like this than say a Sandilands II and tie up a spot for the next 5 years.

Not saying that the kid can't play. But he was overlooked last year for a reason and this can't help his chances...

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/re...ews/9907419/footballer-blasted-by-magistrate/

“What did you learn? You’re back here again as a result of stupid decisions drinking alcohol,” Mr Fisher said.

The court was told Mr Elari and friends went to the Margaret River Pro concert at Gloucester Park on April 9 during a visit from Perth.

The $50 tickets did not allow reentry, but once the group realised there were no ATMs at the gig they left and went to the car park and had a few drinks, Mr Elari said.

After learning they were not allowed back in without paying, Mr Elari went to a side fence and talked to a female security guard he then pushed over in the course of trying to jump the fence, the court heard.

The magistrate said it was the second time Mr Elari was before the court asking for a spent conviction.

“It’s all coming unstuck because you are drinking and making bad decisions when you are drinking,” Mr Fisher said
Just sayin...

That's it.

Moo i saw a fair bit of Perth this year, while Elari is a good ball winner i dont think his skill levels are good enough for AFL footy, he also fell out of favour at Perth due to an incident down South getting in trouble with the law and keeping it from the club.

I reckon Florio and Leeson would be better options, rumour has that Freo did look closely at Florio last year, he has great skills and played well on the wing this year.

Moo i saw a fair bit of Perth this year, while Elari is a good ball winner i dont think his skill levels are good enough for AFL footy, he also fell out of favour at Perth due to an incident down South getting in trouble with the law and keeping it from the club.

I reckon Florio and Leeson would be better options, rumour has that Freo did look closely at Florio last year, he has great skills and played well on the wing this year.

Michael Florio sounds a real promising pick. So too Mark Huthcings, Tom Lee and Kyal Horseley. Others like Nathan Blee, Blackwell etc are worth considering. Rookie draft could be real interesting this year, so too the laters picks in the ND.

Remove this Banner Ad

What to do with picks 16 + 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Back