Remove this Banner Ad

Becc73

Cancelled
Day Off
Feb 8, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Looks like the big 211 will miss the next 4 weeks. :(

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-with-toe-injury/story-e6frf9jf-1226061197160

My question is, if you have Sandi, Cox, Zac Smith & McCaulay in your rucks & Petrie in your Fwds, would it be worthwhile trading out Sandi for JTippett/Lobbe(MPP) and use the 300k to upgrade the rest of your starting 22?

Or keep Sandi and use ZSmith for cover for the next 4 weeks?

Obviously you keep him. He pretty much needs to be in every team come the run home and finals. Zac Smith has been more than good enough to be trusted for four weeks.

I didn't start with Sandi, and will be awaiting his return to finally bring him in my squad.

Looks like the big 211 will miss the next 4 weeks. :(

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-with-toe-injury/story-e6frf9jf-1226061197160

My question is, if you have Sandi, Cox, Zac Smith & McCaulay in your rucks & Petrie in your Fwds, would it be worthwhile trading out Sandi for JTippett/Lobbe(MPP) and use the 300k to upgrade the rest of your starting 22?

Or keep Sandi and use ZSmith for cover for the next 4 weeks?

And here i was this morning just explaining how untradable Petrie was too me. Yea im lucky enough to have had JT as R4 from day dot, so i guess ill just bench the big fella.

Was going to trade Smith for Bailey next week to free up some cash but i guess that plan is out the window now

Ill prolly keep Smith for the season now, quality cover in the Ruck will be very important later in the season in case of any resting to Cox and Sandi.

• Banned
if you have Zac Smith, of course you keep Sandilands. 1/3 of the way through the year. plenty of games still to go.

I'm leaning towards this option ATM. At the very worst, I will sideways trade R4 McCauley for JTippett if ZSmith is rested and ruck Petrie instead.

It really does pay to have selected 4+ playing rucks at the start of the season. :thumbsu:

And here i was this morning just explaining how untradable Petrie was too me. Yea im lucky enough to have had JT as R4 from day dot, so i guess ill just bench the big fella.

Was going to trade Smith for Bailey next week to free up some cash but i guess that plan is out the window now

Ill prolly keep Smith for the season now, quality cover in the Ruck will be very important later in the season in case of any resting to Cox and Sandi.

Looks like you're in the same position as me Rude. With Smith and Tippett....do you DP Petrie in to the ruck or trust Smith and leave Petrie in your forwards?

I'm leaving him in my forwards for now, he's scoring well enough to cover that last position (or 2nd last in my case).

Looks like you're in the same position as me Rude. With Smith and Tippett....do you DP Petrie in to the ruck or trust Smith and leave Petrie in your forwards?

I'm leaving him in my forwards for now, he's scoring well enough to cover that last position (or 2nd last in my case).

Who is your F7 clogy?

Who is your F7 clogy?

Was Tapscott, who needed an upgrade anyway. Trading him has been forced a little early, still got some thinking to do on who ends up there eventually. Might still go Tappy to Lynch this week for a final upgrade later in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im going to do the same Clog.

Hoping McIntosh doesnt come back for the rest of the year. Petrie's numbers will always be good enough to keep in my forward line while he is doing some ruck work as well.

Im going to do the same Clog.

Hoping McIntosh doesnt come back for the rest of the year. Petrie's numbers will always be good enough to keep in my forward line while he is doing some ruck work as well.

This ^ Petrie will wind up averaging 92+ if McIntosh doesn't come back this year. Good for us, shit for Norf.
e5024663.png

Unfortunately, I stupidly went with Hale instead of Petrie at the start of the year. Have Cox and Smith to last while Sandi is out. I'm trying to lay off trades but will probably do another couple to capitlize on I.Smith/Lynch/Mzungu types over the next few rounds and hopefully get Selwood into my mids.

Worst case scenario is I trade out Hale for some cover, but Cox/Smith should hopefully last until the mutant is back.

With a good DPP set up you would have many options. I'm not sure whether to start Z.smith, Krak or Hibberd/Swallow/Harris. Will Keep Sandi.

Didn't get Sandi this year in the hope I could trade up to him later in the season at a reduced price for the big run home. Unfortunately my parallel plan of Jolly kicking ass in the meantime has not gone smoothly, but Smith and Vickery have been good bench options.

I've been treading water or swimming against the tide all year, so it's time for drastic measures. I'll be trading Sandi for J Tippett. I have Zac Smith to come off the bench and Petrie in the forwards to cover Cox's bye.

Even if Sandi was playing this week, I was going to pull this trade. The money will be utilised for 3 upgrades which will almost complete my team. It will also save me 2 trades that I would have needed to achieve the same upgrades.

Assuming Sandi comes back after 4 weeks, I don't expect him to churn out massive scores in the 2 weeks before his RD 16 bye. If Zac Smith averages around 80 for the next 7 weeks, the price variance between them will be approx. $70k. Come finals, there's always the chance to upgrade Smith to Sandi relatively cheaply.

I'm surprised there's very little talk of trading him out tbh.

Especially for those with ZSmith and the Petrie link.
It's a lot of money to have on your bench for what sounds like at least a month.

Using the cash in the meantime could gain you a lot of points overall/wins on your ladder.

I've calculated that I'll have a completed side with 9 or 10 trades left. So "wasting" a couple on Sandi could be beneficial and not too much of a risk.

JMTC at this early stage of the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

What to do with Sandi? (4 week injury)

Back