What to do with Sandi? (4 week injury)

Trade or keep Sandi?

• Keep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have 17 trades in position 1938 overall and think it is worth strong consideration. I hate the uncertainty of waiting for someone like Sandi to return. For me if I trade I have certainty to upgrade three rookies and my team then only needs one more trade to be complete.

You're not that far behind me, Dogs54. If I were in your position (trade wise) I'd trade out 211 and load up on premuims elsewhere. Everyone else Will have Cox & Smith/Petrie in the mean time, so you won't lose anything points wise if you have enough trades left to bring 211 back in later.

The risk is there to trade him out but how certain are you that Sandi will be back in 4 weeks and how will he perform upon return.

Been caught before with the 2 week injury that becames 5 weeks and regret not pulling the trigger early.

He could just easily come back refreshed and burn you with massive scores. And then would you use another 2 trades to bring him back in or risk falling behind? I value my trades more highly than taking a punt like that. There are no great ruck alternatives and if you're trading him, it'd most likely be for cash. If you've got none and no rookies to cash in on, then you could consider it.

I'm fine for cash anyway. And when guys like Darling/Duigan become my 9th choice forward/back in a couple of weeks then I'd be more willing to cash in on them instead.

He could just easily come back refreshed and burn you with massive scores. And then would you use another 2 trades to bring him back in or risk falling behind? I value my trades more highly than taking a punt like that. There are no great ruck alternatives and if you're trading him, it'd most likely be for cash. If you've got none and no rookies to cash in on, then you could consider it.

I'm fine for cash anyway. And when guys like Darling/Duigan become my 9th choice forward/back in a couple of weeks then I'd be more willing to cash in on them instead.

Benno what you say is correct and it is a gamble but I feel there is greater certainty in upgrading my rookies to premiums sooner rather than later and also I'm sceptical about the four week injury. As a backup I have Smith and Petrie as DPP. The upgrades will give me based on current averages at least an additional 350 points.

The cash generated by trading Sandi will save me at least 2/3 downgrade trades that I'd need to make to achieve my final team. It will also generate points quicker than planned, plus make my bench cover stronger.

The way I see it, Sandi is averaging 103, whilst Smith is averaging 104 since Fraser has been banished out of the team. Freo aren't going to flog Sandi if and when he returns, so I can't see him surpassing his current average.

As for having Darling/Duigan as 2nd reserves in 2 weeks suggests that your team is basically complete now, which I find hard to believe.

The cash generated by trading Sandi will save me at least 2/3 downgrade trades that I'd need to make to achieve my final team. It will also generate points quicker than planned, plus make my bench cover stronger.

The way I see it, Sandi is averaging 103, whilst Smith is averaging 104 since Fraser has been banished out of the team. Freo aren't going to flog Sandi if and when he returns, so I can't see him surpassing his current average.

As for having Darling/Duigan as 2nd reserves in 2 weeks suggests that your team is basically complete now, which I find hard to believe.

I said I'd do it if you need the cash and if you believe Sandi won't keep up his form. I just said that other teams may have other ways - safer ways - to generate cash. So they can keep Sandi and not lose anything on those who trade him out.

And no, Smith maintaining a 100+ average is a long shot - you've based that on 2 games against 2 of the weaker teams in the comp. I acknowledge that Fraser being out boosts his scores, but he hasn't been banished from the team either - he has a back injury and could be back in the team very soon. Petrie/DP link is reasonable but you'll still be losing out on about 20 pts a week there.

My team is far from completed. I still have at least 4 upgrades to make in other positions. I will do Tapscott -> Chapman this week which means Darling will be my 10th forward (therefore a safer downgrade for cash).

Leaning towards trading Sandi in for J.Tippet. Have Zac Smith to cover, and with will also have cover with the Petrie DPP link.

Trading Sandi will allow me to upgrade Lower and Matera to premiums such as Fisher/Adcock and Fyfe/ROK/Pav which would essentially finish my team...

I think that would be worth it. If Smith continues like he does, it wont take much extra cash to trade Smith to Sandi when the time comes IMO

Who are the cheap rucks to trade down to? Can we expect Max Bailey to string games together? Will Broc Macauley play again? Anyone else?

I was hoping there would be someone who would rise in value enough to be able to trade back to sandilands later (with cash) and maybe cover cox's bye in round 15. I dont think anyone will play enough or well enough to do that. Tell me if im wrong.

I have decided to trade Sandi for Browne.

I have Cox, Bailey and Petrie ( no Smith, I know, I know!) so using the extra $300k means I can pretty much finish my team and have 10 trades left.

Reckon I can get an avg. of 40 points a week out of the $300k and I also think Sandi might be out for more like 6 weeks.

I'm also looking to trade sandi down. Does anyone have opinions on Browne vs Bailey? Main thing is having someone still playing when Cox has the bye. Which of these two is most likely to still be playing then?
I'm making the assumption Sandi won't be back by then. Right or wrong. Who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm also looking to trade sandi down. Does anyone have opinions on Browne vs Bailey? Main thing is having someone still playing when Cox has the bye. Which of these two is most likely to still be playing then?
I'm making the assumption Sandi won't be back by then. Right or wrong. Who knows.

Will be lucky to get 4 games in a row out of either.

Ive got Petrie smith and cox, I can handle downgrading sandi cos I think he will miss at least 6-8 games this year... the 300k going to Bailey would do me a world of good...

Ive got Petrie smith and cox, I can handle downgrading sandi cos I think he will miss at least 6-8 games this year... the 300k going to Bailey would do me a world of good...

Did exactly the same thing, went Sandi to Browne as I already have Bailey.

For me I think one of Bailey or Browne will have played 5-6 games by the time Sandi gets back on the field and in form.
It gave me enough cash to go Krak to Thompson and still have $250k in the bank.

Even if Sandi only misses 4, he has the by coming up so he will miss 5 of the next 8 rounds, way too many to have $400k sitting on the bench.

I'd downgrade him if I needed the cash. As it is, I want to get on Lynch this week and Mzungu next, with corresponding upgrades. By then he'll only be out another 2 weeks, so not much point.

Seriously questioning whether it is worth keeping him. I have Cox, Smith, Tippet and Sandi with Petrie in my Fwd's and Tippet providing the link.

If Smith can average 85+ from here I am not sure whether he moves to R2 with Petrie as cover.

Smith will peak at $300k in a few weeks so Sandi will provide an extra $110k. It could provide that one extra Ultra Prem that could mean all the difference.

I am torn on this one, I don't need to do anything straight away but it is definitely going to do my head in when it's time to make the decision on Smith which will be around Rd12.

Ok I have been looking all week for possible trades that will/may play this year.

Vardy and Bailey's bubble have burst but Vardy is still in my sights for $130k.

Browne is on the bubble with a 78 and 55 - What's his JS like?

Gawn from Melbourne debuted last week and did ok with 56, he is priced under 100k but might struggle to get a game when Jamar is back.

Moran also debuted last week but only scored 22. He is also under 100k, I know nothing about his JS.

Alot of people have Tom Derickx who I am struggling to find any info on!

So the options I can see are

Vardy - $130,300
Bailey - $128,600
Browne - $122,500
Gawn - $97,600
Moran - $97,600
Derickx - $92,500

None of them really fantastic, who would you pick?

Tom Nichols from GC has played one game this year i think, and if the ruckman you are looking to purchase here is a backup-backup ruckman incase Smith is out and u need petrie fwd or don't have him etc etc, then i think he is worth a look into, as from what i have heard he is playing well in their reserves and is the likely replacement for smith if he needs a rest or god forgive gets injured. Is priced at 97k i think

If i decide downgrading to downgrade Sandi, it will probably be to him.

Tom Nichols from GC has played one game this year i think, and if the ruckman you are looking to purchase here is a backup-backup ruckman incase Smith is out and u need petrie fwd or don't have him etc etc, then i think he is worth a look into, as from what i have heard he is playing well in their reserves and is the likely replacement for smith if he needs a rest or god forgive gets injured. Is priced at 97k i think

If i decide downgrading to downgrade Sandi, it will probably be to him.
Now that's the type of info I am looking for!!! It didn't even cross my mind to look at Smith's backup!

Thanks!

Now that's the type of info I am looking for!!! It didn't even cross my mind to look at Smith's backup!

Thanks!

Gorringe has also rucked for them this year....

Remove this Banner Ad

What to do with Sandi? (4 week injury)

Back