Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep hearing ‘there’s so many things to like about the hawks at the moment’. I really struggle to come up with one.
That's the spirit. I've been uncomfortable with all the love we got during the year. It's all gone now - Hawthorn should forever be the heels. It was like when Jake "the Snake" Roberts went face. Sure he was entertaining but really he was so much better as a bad guy.

The first Aussie rules game in 1858 "was played with a round ball", should have kept it that way,
the game is too messy/clumsy... NRL calls it fumbleball

The first Aussie rules game in 1858 "was played with a round ball", should have kept it that way,
Always can watch the International Rules matches on replay on YouTube for a sport that's largely the same but the way in which players handle and kick the ball being slightly different because it's round, if you want that entertainment.

Meanwhile, we don't make fun of NRL, because we don't care about it.

There will be 60,000 people watching a game of fumbleball at an AFL stadium on a Saturday, and 5000 watching NRL.

I think Aussie Rules is going ok.

Bont is a slightly better version of Cripps but both get way too much media hype.

I wouldn’t build my team around that archetype

Pretty much every team has a good midfield - having a dominant intercept defender, a DeGoey/Martin type mid-forward or a dominant key forward is way more impactful than a tall mid who flicks around handballs and kicks a goal a game or so

Bontempelli has probably been the best player in the comp over the last 5 years, and is a way better than De Doey

The tv coverage and commentary has never been worse, and thats why attendances are at record levels, people would rather attend and not have to deal with the shite dished up by channel 7 in particular - even though its live on tv nowadays
People don't have to listen to the shite commentary, they can just use their mute button.

I call mine "Dermie"

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back