What was learnt from Derby 58.

Remove this Banner Ad

The arrogance in the Freo gameday thread came before a beautiful fall. I'm actually past feeling any joy from Freo's mediocrity, after the Carlton steal I said I wouldn't mind them doing well if it's not at our expense, but Flagmantle will have to wait. Longmuir isn't a premiership coach.
More to the point Fremantle isn’t a premiership team.

A coach can only do so much.

I bet if they drop Fyfe they'll start winning again.

Brayshaw is a lazy player or he gave up early.

Pearce and Sharp were the only ones fighting.

Freo have the list to make a push in the next 3 years, drop fyfe and you'll be better.

Where are all the freo flogs ? They were getting pretty lippy for a couple of weeks there. Round 3 premiers

Some of the responses when I pointed out their ball movement had a long way to go & they weren’t potent enough forward

1) I know North suck. I am under no illusions.
2) North sucking more than Freo does not make Freo good

I bet if they drop Fyfe they'll start winning again.

Brayshaw is a lazy player or he gave up early.

Pearce and Sharp were the only ones fighting.

Freo have the list to make a push in the next 3 years, drop fyfe and you'll be better.

Pearce has shown this year why he is captain. However he should never ever kick the ball - that’s not realistic so I’d say instead he should only ever kick the ball long to a contest. No short kicks

Fyfe trying to intimidate Ried was a funny moment.

View attachment 1965850
malcom tucker GIF

Some of the responses when I pointed out their ball movement had a long way to go & they weren’t potent enough forward

1) I know North suck. I am under no illusions.
2) North sucking more than Freo does not make Freo good

Been bashed by Freo supporters fr two years when I post they need to fix their forward line talls. They cant kick a winning score against decent sides. And now not even against below average sides.

Losing Amiss was a bummer but would he have made the difference?

They need a gun CHF and to replenish their small forwards. Fredrick was a loss.

Been bashed by Freo supporters fr two years when I post they need to fix their forward line talls. They cant kick a winning score against decent sides. And now not even against below average sides.

Losing Amiss was a bummer but would he have made the difference?

They need a gun CHF and to replenish their small forwards. Fredrick was a loss.
Need done zippy small classy goal kickers.
With Walters at the end we don't have anybody.
Swiita looks better up the ground and Freddy isn't that small and looks better running down the wing.
Shultz was ok, not class though and couldn't have taken over from Walters.
Need some finishers not honest battlers 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overreaction.

Freo are a very young side, they perhaps cut their list a little hard (especially Mundy) and struggle to hold established players.

But they've recruited well and are still building.

The biggest issue is definitely the gameplan, it's terrible, their ball movement is far too slow, equal last in i50s not giving themselves a chance to score. They play very uncontested, but are actually decent in the contested part of the game with a positive differential, but they just don't get enough contested ball (2nd last).

I'll be interested if they stick with it and as the team matures it pays off, but they've got plenty of time given their list profile.

That Fyfe is unlikely to still be around by the time this team puts it all together and will join the other Freo legends like Pav in exiting the game without a flag.
That Sonny is unfortunately past it and no longer able to impact games like he did in his prime.
That Amiss, Frederick, and Switkowski are pretty damn important. Whodathunk that your starting forward line is needed to score.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back