What week will Gibbs be dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was fantastic in horrible conditions, beat his opponent one on one hands down and showed great composure. Far better than a former Hawk number 1 pick who couldn't even lay a hand on the ball last weekend was he was going fourth man up in a marking contest. FOURTH man up. :eek:

Hodge was already all-australian and a Best and Fairest by this point in Gibbs' career . . .

But no, base it all on a game where Hodge is playing with an achilles tendon problem. :D

Well it would be a hell of a lot more return than what Collingwood got out of Josh Fraser. How'd that work out for the Pies again ?

Josh has performed admirably twice on the biggest stage of all, chances of Gibbs doing that are next to nothing.

Waste of a number 1 draft pick on getting a tagger. Usually, the rookie list will provide teams with a suitable tagger. Good to see Carlton rates taggers and slow midfielders highly.
Gibbs #1
McLean #12

Hodge was already all-australian and a Best and Fairest by this point in Gibbs' career . . .

But no, base it all on a game where Hodge is playing with an achilles tendon problem. :D

Still Hodge is taking the field so he must be fit and ready to play at 100%.

100% as a spare spare man in defense, Gibbs showed terrific leadership tonight in a game where no one gave the Blues a chance especially in the horrible conditions, your captain was horrible last week in perfect conditions, Mitchell and his team mates must look at the massive blue they have made selecting a player who cannot play a little bit hurt lead their team.

Josh has performed admirably twice on the biggest stage of all, chances of Gibbs doing that are next to nothing.

Surely you are not talking about those 2 grand final defeats to the Lions ? That's clutching at straws - the recruiting of Josh Fraser as a number 1 pick was possibly the biggest recruiting blunder in the history of the draft. Tell me - how many awards did he actually win , anywhere ?

Surely you are not talking about those 2 grand final defeats to the Lions ? That's clutching at straws - the recruiting of Josh Fraser as a number 1 pick was possibly the biggest recruiting blunder in the history of the draft. Tell me - how many awards did he actually win , anywhere ?

Fraser played 200 games for us, mostly as a sole ruckmen. I'd like to see Kreuzer do that.

I think Gibbs was terrific last night, his not normally a tagger but he did a great job on Goodes who in any weather will rip opposition sides apart. I think everyone saying we wasted a #1 pick should take a good hard look at themselves, Gibbs was brilliant in horrible conditions and this is the game that will kick start his season. As for everyone bagging Hodge, leave him alone he is a great player, many players dont play 100% and it just shows Hodge is determined to play for Hawthorn, and as for Fraser, he doesn't even compare to Gibbs so dont try it guys thats just desperate

Yeah, thats exactly the games I'm referring to and Josh was huge in both of them. In fact his 02 and 03 years were outstanding and as far as I know Gibbs has had one reasonable year and since gone backwards. Fraser was pathetic in later years of his 11 year old career, Gibbs has been at below par level just about right from the start. Good on Ratts for realizing this and utilizing Gibbs as a tagger to get some value out of him.
No offense dude but you're the living proof that old join date =/= knowledge and wisdom :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

says a lot about our midfield really...clearly the best in the comp atm, hard one to crack

Please don't telle you think that?? Better than collingwood or Geelong? Judd is an absolute beast and most important player to his team than anyone. Curnows a find, Gibbs doesn't find his own ball and his best asset for Carlton (his long kicking) has gone missing. Murphy hates still needs Judd in there to make sure he gets a bit of it (went missing last night when it's nice and hard) and carrazzo loves to turn it over. Clearly the best midfield ay

He was total garbage. Choking loser who virtually cost them both games.

Herp derp

Buckley, Rocca, Burns, Fraser, Wakelin, Lonie, Freeborn, Betheras - Best - Voss, Keating, Lynch, Lappin

Black, Akermanis, Voss, Lappin, Hart, Michael, Pike, Power - Best-
Fraser, Burns, Buckley, Johnson, Licuria

Revert back to being a gold coast supporter, tosspot :eek::thumbsu:

Beats melbournes for one....
And did you watch the game, when did murphy go missing?? Carrazzo was good, wasn't great but his not really in our midfield which makes your comment worth nothing, you forgot to add Scotland's consistency and Simpsons aswell, Also gibbs was on Goodes who played at Half forward, so once again your comment is worth nothing.

Herp derp

Buckley, Rocca, Burns, Fraser, Wakelin, Lonie, Freeborn, Betheras - Best - Voss, Keating, Lynch, Lappin

Black, Akermanis, Voss, Lappin, Hart, Michael, Pike, Power - Best-
Fraser, Burns, Buckley, Johnson, Licuria

Revert back to being a gold coast supporter, tosspot :eek::thumbsu:

Looking forward to Buckley taking over your sorry mob. The born loser is destined to never win a flag. Having Fraser listed in your best when he was so obviously shithouse is just embarrassing.

Looking forward to Buckley taking over your sorry mob. The born loser is destined to never win a flag. Having Fraser listed in your best when he was so obviously shithouse is just embarrassing.

Sorry mob indeed :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

What week will Gibbs be dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back