What will our forward line look like and who will kick our goals in 2010?

Remove this Banner Ad

Barlow on the wing for me i think he could make a great link man massive motor . Plus the way he runs reminds me of Beaker from the Mupperts which can only be a plus as it should get more Kiddies through the turnstiles,everyone loves a muppert.

Half forward pushing up onto the wings i think is his best spot atm. I wanted him to play as a defender for a while, but he isnt tough enough and doesnt have good enough body work to handle it i reckon. Deserves his spot in the team atm and i think playing at HF atm is where he should stay.

The guys on League Teams just had a crack at what our forward line will look like in 2010. They had Johnston at FF and Grundy at CHF. No mention of Jesse White and the consensus was that we'll be in some trouble and will look for a marquee forward in the off season.

Yeh saw it too, BT loves having a crack at Sydney. The Vics have no idea about Sydney, plain and simple. No mentioning of White is classic Vics.

Good on Colby for replaying BT's thick-headed comment last week that we can't win without Baz in the team. He makes a few of those ******ed statements, BT. Doesnt say things like they are his opinion, just says things as if they're fact. I like him as a commentator but as an "analyst" he's pretty thick.

Roosy has said the last few days that we wont be looking for a marquee forward this summer too. No point really as our window won't be coming around for another few years, so may as well develop our own big men. Wouldnt mind going after another forward, not a big man but a smaller marking type. Ryan Gamble would be a perfect fit i reckon.

The guys on League Teams just had a crack at what our forward line will look like in 2010. They had Johnston at FF and Grundy at CHF. No mention of Jesse White and the consensus was that we'll be in some trouble and will look for a marquee forward in the off season.

yeah it spun me out a bit, I had half an eye on the tv and for a moment I thought they were displaying the actual team, LJ as full forward, BT had a little crack at the end saying the AFL will prop us up and gave a smirk, dunno if anyone caught it though..

Yeh i heard that from BT, as i said loves having a crack at Sydney.

Gamble i reckon should be a target, he will be targetted by a few clubs at the end of they i think, i really think he could be another Porps or Le Cras. Has the similat body shape and good kick and can take marks.

A forward line of the following is not a bad one at all for a young team that is going to get better and develop.

F: Gamble White Johnston
HF: Veszpremi Grundy Barlow

Interesting article in The Australian with comments from Roos regarding a replacement for Bazza & MOL in our forward line!

Have a read if you haven't already!

Roos said the Swans were unlikely to go outside the club for a ready-made replacement for Hall.
"We've played a lot without him over the past 18 months and we won't be changing our style of play," he said.
Suspensions over the past two seasons have kept Hall sidelined for 10 matches, of which the Swans have won six and drawn another. Two of their three losses last year without him were against grand finalists Hawthorn and Geelong.
"We've been preparing for life after Mick (O'Loughlin) and Hall for the past two years," Roos said.
"It doesn't change anything we're doing. Nothing.

Interesting article in The Australian with comments from Roos regarding a replacement for Bazza & MOL in our forward line!

Have a read if you haven't already!

"We've been preparing for life after Mick (O'Loughlin) and Hall for the past two years," Roos said.

What the hell is Roos talking about. How have the Swans been preparing for the reitirements of O'Loughlin and Hall other than recruiting Lewis Johnston?

Yeah, I saw that, the ignorant fcks.

I liked Taylor as a caller, but watching him every week on AFL Teams, geez he's an arrogant fckhead. Most of these Victorian football panel-type shows are populated by similarly arrogant fckheads, and I try and ignore it, but geez it IS aggravating watching tripe like what those tools dished up last night.

No heckin'g idea ... ROK and McVeigh as our half-forwards, from memory. Completely overlooked what Roos said midweek about White; also completely ignored the fact both ROK and McVeigh's best football is played in midfield.

yeah it spun me out a bit, I had half an eye on the tv and for a moment I thought they were displaying the actual team, LJ as full forward, BT had a little crack at the end saying the AFL will prop us up and gave a smirk, dunno if anyone caught it though..

Yeah, I caught it. Ignorant, nasty, sniping fckhead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Veszpremi was drafted as a midfielder and White has spent little to no time in the forward line.

Where has this Vesz = midfielder tripe come from? He was an U18 AA Forward, he came into the team last year and averaged four shots on goal a game, and looks lively up forward!

White has seen plenty of time in the forward line, he just hasn't done much there. In all honesty, he's actually been more effective in the ruck...

if leo barry decides to play on he could sit in the goal square. might not have the pace to play down back anymore. white has to play at chf.

Could be a chance but these leg injuries seem to really cruel the older players over the last couple of seasons. Spider, Magic were all playing good football up until their last leg injuries, basically it took their run.

Just thinking back to 2005 and how our forward line was regarded as one of the best in the league with Hall MOL Davis ROK Schneider. Next year they will all be gone with the exception of ROK who looks like he won't spend much time up forward anyway. How things change.

Remove this Banner Ad

What will our forward line look like and who will kick our goals in 2010?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back