Autopsy 42 point win(wut) vs Adelaide (Joel kicks 9 OMG!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

We also only managed to finish the round on 149.8%. Gonna be hard fronting up to work on Monday.

In seriousness though, I have to agree the Chad was selfish. You sort of live with it, because it's part of his DNA and what makes him the player he is. But it would be good if Warner was able to temper his game when it's not quite working. However, in saying that, you don't want a player like him playing within his limits, because it's how he pushes the boundaries that makes him the dangerous player he is. Just needs a little more maturity in his game, because he does go for the highlight reel plays more often than not.

and pulls them off more often than not, that's what makes him the player he is (and still improving)

If we think we are getting ahead of ourselves ever, head to the pies board, they think they will roll us this year
Honestly think Swans'll pump them by 80 in a GF if we avoid injuries.

Was hoping it was going to be a GWS GF so I could buy tickets for $35. But seeing the pies done in front of a capacity crowd on tellie would be quite good too.

Great win!

Heeney's game was outstanding, Grundy's just as good!

Warner and Gulden played through some serious attention, but got there in the end. Try to keep in mind they are 23 and 21; Warner cannot play with the explosive brilliance that he generally does, without having bad days... it's not selfish, it's what we pay him for! And Gulden is our delivery guy, and at 21 is sheer brilliance! They were closely checked and took a while to play through it, but neither of them ever game up and played their way into form.

Amarty was brilliant, he continued to play his role, put himself in all the right positions, took most of the contested grabs on offer, and kicked straight! McDonald also played his role, and delivered at least two of those inside 50s to Amartey. Those wanting to send him back to the twos aren't taking into consideration that this team is playing to a plan, where each member has a role, and that it's not playing that role that will get you dropped! The team first ethos makes it difficult for anyone to star week in, week out (although Heeney and Grundy are managing it); and difficult to defend us because clamping one player sets another free. All those writing off Campbell and McDonald (both 22) need to take into account that this is the best team in the comp by a considerable margin at this stage, and these are the players of our future. They will only get better as their games develop.

Another outstanding game by all!

ONWARDS TO VICTORY!!!

another great post

Your coach brought the game into disrepute last night benching a guy with 9 goals with 3 minutes to go and a big margin, I love that you all conveniently glossed over it too.
He has a history of injury. The decision showed our coaching and medical team are driven by science and rationality, not sentimentality.

The decision enhanced the reputation of the game.

There is no chance we go out on the field with that much ego haha

don't really mean it that way ... more just that we know whoever we're playing will be fired up from the jump, will be taking their best shots ... we absorb that, adjust and get on with it
ideally it doesn't keep happening, and i don't believe it will ... but it's not a bad thing that the players and coaches have so much faith in themselves

don't really mean it that way ... more just that we know whoever we're playing will be fired up from the jump, will be taking their best shots ... we absorb that, adjust and get on with it
ideally it doesn't keep happening, and i don't believe it will ... but it's not a bad thing that the players and coaches have so much faith in themselves

Papley and Heeney mentioned same sort of thing post match they came hard at us from the start but can they do it for 4 quarters.

Your coach brought the game into disrepute last night benching a guy with 9 goals with 3 minutes to go and a big margin, I love that you all conveniently glossed over it too.
No, your (ex) coaxh brought the game into disrepute by pumping players full of juice.

Horse lacks a sense of theatre, that’s all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just checking on The King! Did you make it through the night without the wife snapping at your rightfully insufferable gloating?

I didn't really mention it, hence letting it all out here.

She mentioned the game this morning, to be fair she was pretty reasonable , said they were lucky to be leading early and we wasted it.

The ‘slow’ start was unlucky coupled with some low percentage defence. I counted the first 8 inside 50’s they scored every time - some flukey shots, dodge umpiring and our defence half asleep. This was never going to be sustainable by the crows.

We remain a work in progress as the players said pre and post match so lots of upside. That’s super scary for the comp !

Before she demanded you clean the moat & fix the drawbridge as penance?

She isn't from SA, so doesn't seem to be as moronic a crow.

Plus she has proven good taste and knows she is the luckiest woman in the country.

40 seconds into Nicks' press conference and he is complaining about the byes.

If that is the path they are going down internally then they are one team we won't have to be concerned about while he is coach.

Clips from 3AW post-game:

Joel Amartey

Taylor Adams

Full review (36 min)

I was concerned we didn’t seem to be able to stick our tackles nearly so much all game. Bit of collective fatigue setting in? Hard to believe with the exuberance on display.
Yeah I agree, I thought the last couple of weeks Gulden has looked tired and wondered if his training during the week to make his 100% game time goal was having an impact - That said he is still play very well, but it maybe their team training during the week is too hard.

Adelaide had a lot of pressure in the first half, but I think the Swans fitness keeps getting them over the line as they are still able to maintain their speed late in the games, so to contradict myself the hard training is paying off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back