Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will handover my membership

• won't follow the Dons again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that Rich might fall to Carlton at 6. Not sure if the Blues will select him though.

I think the Bombers will draft Hurley and follow the Hawks plan of drafting tall (Roughead/Franklin). I think it's a smart idea.

Yarran is the player that really worries me. He reminds me of Tambling and Sampi. I'd stay clear. These comments might come back and get me in the arse, but i'm not a fan.

In my opinion, Tambling was 30 times the player that Yarran is as a junior, but still hasn't lived up to the hype.

A club can't go wrong with a Hartlett, Rich, Ziebell or Hurley.

I think that Rich might fall to Carlton at 6. Not sure if the Blues will select him though.

I think the Bombers will draft Hurley and follow the Hawks plan of drafting tall (Roughead/Franklin). I think it's a smart idea.

Gumbleton, Neagle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gumbleton, Neagle.

Tall Defender. with the versatility to go forward. We cant put all our eggs in the Neagle Gumby basket. There is the very real chance that one of these may not shake off the injury woes and not make it, despite their obvious potential. Hurley is sounding more and more to me the smartest pick.

i'd hate to see him end up at Carlton, who I believe would snatch him up,Carlton don't need Rich, he would slide through again.

Its Hurley a better defender than Rich is a better Midfielder?

Hard to look into the future. But Essendon have stated they have been drafting for their midfield for the last few years, so I think their priority might lean toward defence. But who knows whats going on in their heads?

Plus, I think we have more chance of picking up a decent midfielder than a future KPP in the next few compromised drafts.

I think we need both, but the club sees defence as a bigger problem.
Out of all the serious posts in this thread, this makes the most sense for me.

I couldn't be upset either way. Hurley or Rich, we'll be getting a player who is pretty much ready to hit senior footy from round 1.

Ryder and Trengove are too alike, imo.

Conclusion i also came to. Ryder being a CHB player. Does that makes Hurley a more suited FB or a different type CHB.

As we see defense more of a problem, EFC would also have to take into account that fact that Hurley might indeed turn into a CHF, hence, a hole still existent in the defense. Is that something that would come into account, or would they see him as a defender and persist otherwise.

Could this also mean, that a midfielder at Pick 5 is guaranteed to be a midfielder, and with a pick...such as 23, to concentrate on a defender, just not as proven as Hurley. A safer option.

Conclusion i also came to. Ryder being a CHB player. Does that makes Hurley a more suited FB or a different type CHB.

As we see defense more of a problem, EFC would also have to take into account that fact that Hurley might indeed turn into a CHF, hence, a hole still existent in the defense. Is that something that would come into account, or would they see him as a defender and persist otherwise.

Could this also mean, that a midfielder at Pick 5 is guaranteed to be a midfielder, and with a pick...such as 23, to concentrate on a defender, just not as proven as Hurley. A safer option.

I think alot of people here are more keen on Rich because he is apparently "ready made" to play. I would rather invest in the tall KPP that we may not come by again for years, even if it takes a couple of years development longer, Than jump at a player just so we see an immediate impact. Midfield players are more common than gun KP players. We could pluck a great mid still at 23.

I personally can see Hurley filling CHB, Pears FB, freeing Ryder to play a Sean Wellman type roaming tall defender role.
It would give us three different types of Key Defenders so we can adjust to counter different forward structures. Sourrounded with the guts of Slattery, the rebound potential of Nash, NLM, even McPhee. All of a sudden things look ok to me. And don't forget Hooker.

I think alot of people here are more keen on Rich because he is apparently "ready made" to play. I would rather invest in the tall KPP that we may not come by again for years, even if it takes a couple of years development longer, Than jump at a player just so we see an immediate impact. Midfield players are more common than gun KP players. We could pluck a great mid still at 23.

I personally can see Hurley filling CHB, Pears FB, freeing Ryder to play a Sean Wellman type roaming tall defender role.
It would give us three different types of Key Defenders so we can adjust to counter different forward structures. Sourrounded with the guts of Slattery, the rebound potential of Nash, NLM, even McPhee. All of a sudden things look ok to me. And don't forget Hooker.

I never mentioned rich in that post you quoted. I do believe we need some KKP's but we are also lacking a star in the midfield. Rich may or may not fill that need, and that goes for Hurley as well in his position.

Remove this Banner Ad

What will you do if we pass on Rich - Light hearted fun

Back